The Big, Nasty, All-encompassing Faq List!

MarkB

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to have all the secret uniforms, stadiums and players unlocked without having to complete all the MVP tasks?

Yes, and it's brought to you by the same person who created MVPEdit. You can download it by clicking here. When you've downloaded the file, extract the .sav file and place it in your My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder, then load it in-game and everything should be unlocked.

There's an easier way to do this that should be in this FAQ, even though a lot of people probably already know this. Create two players named "Katie Roy" and "Neverlose Sight". That's it. Everything's unlocked. You can delete the created players or reset the rosters afterwards, but you need to save your profile.

MarkB,

I downloaded a portrait of Roger Clemens that's in .bmp and the readme says to use MVP Edit to install. How can I use MVP Edit to install this portrait? I tried Kraw's Portrait Maker but get an error message that it has to close. So, I would like to try using MVP Edit if someone can tell me how to do it.

Thanks!

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=28087.html

This topic discusses many aspects of getting portraits into the game.

In short, you need

1) the picture as a 128x128 pixel or 256x256 pixel 24-bit .BMP file

2) an "alpha" file, rendered as a 8-bit grayscale .BMP file, that is the same pixel size as the picture in step 1)

3) Portrait Maker 1.5

4) Kraw's Installer Thingy

5) MVPedit

I don't know why PM would tell you that it's got an error or whatever. Maybe it's because you didn't have an alpha file?

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=28087.html

This topic discusses many aspects of getting portraits into the game.

In short, you need

1) the picture as a 128x128 pixel or 256x256 pixel 24-bit .BMP file

2) an "alpha" file, rendered as a 8-bit grayscale .BMP file, that is the same pixel size as the picture in step 1)

3) Portrait Maker 1.5

4) Kraw's Installer Thingy

5) MVPedit

I don't know why PM would tell you that it's got an error or whatever. Maybe it's because you didn't have an alpha file?

It had both Main and Alpha and size was not an issue. I don't know why PM didn't do it, and it was quite simple to use, but I finally figured out the way to do it in MVP Edit, which turned out to be quite easy as well, after I did it :)

was the bmp the right bit size? i find that when it's not it gives me the error. it's a simple fix too. just open up your bmp in photoshop, select everything, copy it....open up a new document, paste and make sure to save it correctly. if i remember right, it should be at 24 bit. it sometimes saves it at other bit sizes by default.

was the bmp the right bit size? i find that when it's not it gives me the error. it's a simple fix too. just open up your bmp in photoshop, select everything, copy it....open up a new document, paste and make sure to save it correctly. if i remember right, it should be at 24 bit. it sometimes saves it at other bit sizes by default.

I installed the photos using MVP Edit and the game works fine with the pictures, so I don't see an issue with anything. The error message had to do with something other than bit size, and I tried quite a few times and even downloaded another copy to see if it was a bad download. Anyway, MVP Edit did the job and fast!

There's an easier way to do this that should be in this FAQ, even though a lot of people probably already know this. Create two players named "Katie Roy" and "Neverlose Sight". That's it. Everything's unlocked. You can delete the created players or reset the rosters afterwards, but you need to save your profile.

Is there a trick other than hitting random multiple times to get the Green Red Sox Jersey to appear in the uniform select screen?

create a player named "Neverlose Sight". the "Katie Roy" one should be done too if not done yet.

I already have both of the cheats unlocked. I just mean if I cycle through the Red Sox jerseys in the uniform select screen, the Green Red Sox jersey does not seem to appear in one complete cycle of all unlocked jerseys unless I hit random multiple times, then it will eventually show up as one of the random choices.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this site and I am a little confused. If someone could recommmend some files to downlaod and how to get them on my xbox it will be a big help. I have action replay if that helps.

Welcome to the site.

Console FAQ: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=19391.html

Console Forums: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewforum/f=16.html

*The latest console rosters can be found over at www.eamods.com

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for MVPedit. I'm creating a team made up up MLB players to replace Heroes, Legends. I have my teams set up, but since I took other players, some of the MLB team's rosters are incomplete. Is there anyway where I can export my two teams, so I can re-import them into a file, where the MLB teams have full rosters?

How would I go about making the game say the name of a player when he comes to bat? For example, I made Whitey Ford in MVPedit and gave him the photo/audio number 82. The picture works fine in MVPedit, in menu screens, and in-game, but there is no audio. What are the steps needed to make the announcers say, "Whitey Ford" and "Ford" during the game?

When you made your changes in MVPEdit did you check to see if there were any errors? There is an option called "Check for Errors" - I think it is under Tools. I would start there and fix any errors that are mentioned.

I don't know if a cyberface issue can cause the menu options to crash or not but this could be something that you can do. You said you had already played with the teams. Do that again, but this time, bring in every single player from both teams and see if there are any crashes.