controller.cfg for XBOX controllers (for MVP on the PC)

krawhitham

• 2 months later...

Add the following to your controller.cfg file, which is in your My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder and you will be able to use the XBox 360 Controller. These are the settings in my controller.cfg file. I got them when this thread was new and the posted link still worked.

profile= Controller_(XBOX_360_For_Windows)
device= Controller_(XBOX_360_For_Windows)
player= 0
number_of_buttons= 10
number_of_povs= 1
number_of_axis= 5
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_START= button 8
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SELECT= button 7
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CROSS= button 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CIRCLE= button 2
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SQUARE= button 3
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_TRIANGLE= button 4
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L1= button 5
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R1= button 6
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L2= axis- 3
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R2= axis+ 3
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L3= button 9
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R3= button 10
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_UP= pov0 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN= pov180 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT= pov270 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT= pov90 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_UP= axis+ 2
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_DOWN= axis- 2
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 4
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 4
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 5
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 5
VPAD_PITCH_1= button 1
VPAD_PITCH_2= button 2
VPAD_PITCH_3= button 3
VPAD_PITCH_4= button 4
VPAD_PITCH_5= button 6
VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_FIRST= button 2
VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_SECOND= button 4
VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_THIRD= button 3
VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 1
VPAD_THROW_BALL= not_assigned -1
VPAD_INTENTIONAL_WALK= button 10
VPAD_INTENTIONAL_HITBATTER= not_assigned -1
VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= button 9
VPAD_SWING_NORMAL= button 1
VPAD_SWING_BUNT= button 10
VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= not_assigned -1
VPAD_FIELD_THROW_FIRST= button 2
VPAD_FIELD_THROW_SECOND= button 4
VPAD_FIELD_THROW_THIRD= button 3
VPAD_FIELD_THROW_HOME= button 1
VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 7
VPAD_FIELD_RELAY_THROW= button 5
VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= button 5
VPAD_FIELD_FAKE_RUNDOWN_THROW= not_assigned -1
VPAD_RUNNER_FIRST_SELECT= button 2
VPAD_RUNNER_SECOND_SELECT= button 4
VPAD_RUNNER_THIRD_SELECT= button 3
VPAD_RUNNER_RUNFIRST= pov90 1
VPAD_RUNNER_RUNSECOND= pov0 1
VPAD_RUNNER_RUNTHIRD= pov270 1
VPAD_RUNNER_RUNHOME2SCORE= pov180 1
VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= button 7
VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= button 8

For those of you that have an xbox one. The controller can easily be hooked up via USB. I have it hooked up to my TV via HDMI and it works perfectly. The best part is that you can set the controls just like the old MVP 05 for xbox. Just no white and black buttons but you have rb and lb to replace those so its all good.

• 2 weeks later...

The documents folder is where your saved files go such as saved rosters, seasons, controls, profiles, etc. The .CFG is the savefile for your button configuration. If you haven't saved any controls yet, it probably won't show up. Your profile is there because I'm assuming you created one when you first started up MVP. Try starting up the game and change some of the controls with your laptop or PC keyboard and then save changes. Then go back to the documents/MVP 05 folder to check if it's there. Hope that helps man.

The documents folder is where your saved files go such as saved rosters, seasons, controls, profiles, etc. The .CFG is the savefile for your button configuration. If you haven't saved any controls yet, it probably won't show up. Your profile is there because I'm assuming you created one when you first started up MVP. Try starting up the game and change some of the controls with your laptop or PC keyboard and then save changes. Then go back to the documents/MVP 05 folder to check if it's there. Hope that helps man.

Thx man, appreciate the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Im having problems with the pausing on this. I am using the 360 controller and when im fielding and push the analog stick down it pauses. I looked back in the thread and they had a lot of issues so I don't know which one fixed it. Thanks

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to say that this configuration file is the most efficient and most accurate file i've found in this thread. Like some of you, I stumbled around for a while wondering if I'd need to get XBCD or needed to tweak the file myself. Then I noticed I had missed this layout here. Here's a description of your control layout(it a wired xbox 360 controller):Apart from having ALL the fundamentals mapped correctly, it closely mimics the old xbox layout. -The START button brings up the PAUSE menu, while the BACK button brings up your SWING ANALYSIS. -Clicking in and holding the LEFT THUMBSTICK bring up your PITCH HISTORY, and you can use the bumpers to cycle through at-bats. -The RIGHT TRIGGER brings up what I've always called the MANAGER MENU, hold it and then use either the bumpers to cycle or the d-padThe only thing That took me a while to figure out was how to lead-off. Pushing RIGHT THUMBSTICK UP, DOWN, or LEFT would cause SELECTED RUNNER TO LEAD, ALL RUNNERS RETREAT, and ALL RUNNERS ADVANCE respectively.If i didn't spill apple juice on my controller it would be nearly perfect.Oh and lastly, despite the fact that the game tells you that BUTTON 8 is cutoff/relay, its actually located on the RIGHT TRIGGER.Hope this is helpful to someone who just picked up the game recently.try this.1st: Copy the above config.Then Goto: My Documents/MVP BASEBALL 2005. Delete you Config file.3rd: Start MVP BASEBALL 2005, goto My MVP>MVP OPTIONS>CONTROLLER CONFIG. Highlight "SWING" and hit A. Now Save. (this makes a brand new config file for you)4th: Exit MVP BASEBALL 2005, Goto: My Documents/MVP BASEBALL 2005. Open your Config file. Highlight everything below this and replace it with the config you copied from this very thread.profile= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)device= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)player= 1number_of_buttons= 10number_of_povs= 1number_of_axis= 5(PLEASE NOTE: it will not read profile= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller) in your file, I think you should leave it as is and just make sure that yours has the same number of players,buttons,povs, and axis.)Lastly, SAVE the file and go test it out.The only reasons i can think this wouldn't work is because i've made a mistake in my instructions or your controller isn't compatable with the config.

I just wanted to say that this configuration file is the most efficient and most accurate file i've found in this thread. Like some of you, I stumbled around for a while wondering if I'd need to get XBCD or needed to tweak the file myself. Then I noticed I had missed this layout here. Here's a description of your control layout(it a wired xbox 360 controller):Apart from having ALL the fundamentals mapped correctly, it closely mimics the old xbox layout. -The START button brings up the PAUSE menu, while the BACK button brings up your SWING ANALYSIS. -Clicking in and holding the LEFT THUMBSTICK bring up your PITCH HISTORY, and you can use the bumpers to cycle through at-bats. -The RIGHT TRIGGER brings up what I've always called the MANAGER MENU, hold it and then use either the bumpers to cycle or the d-padThe only thing That took me a while to figure out was how to lead-off. Pushing RIGHT THUMBSTICK UP, DOWN, or LEFT would cause SELECTED RUNNER TO LEAD, ALL RUNNERS RETREAT, and ALL RUNNERS ADVANCE respectively.If i didn't spill apple juice on my controller it would be nearly perfect.Oh and lastly, despite the fact that the game tells you that BUTTON 8 is cutoff/relay, its actually located on the RIGHT TRIGGER.Hope this is helpful to someone who just picked up the game recently.try this.1st: Copy the above config.Then Goto: My Documents/MVP BASEBALL 2005. Delete you Config file.3rd: Start MVP BASEBALL 2005, goto My MVP>MVP OPTIONS>CONTROLLER CONFIG. Highlight "SWING" and hit A. Now Save. (this makes a brand new config file for you)4th: Exit MVP BASEBALL 2005, Goto: My Documents/MVP BASEBALL 2005. Open your Config file. Highlight everything below this and replace it with the config you copied from this very thread.profile= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)device= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)player= 1number_of_buttons= 10number_of_povs= 1number_of_axis= 5(PLEASE NOTE: it will not read profile= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller) in your file, I think you should leave it as is and just make sure that yours has the same number of players,buttons,povs, and axis.)Lastly, SAVE the file and go test it out.The only reasons i can think this wouldn't work is because i've made a mistake in my instructions or your controller isn't compatable with the config.

I know this is an old thread but I had to reply in case there are people trying to get this figured out. I also had the problem with left stick pause and 3rd pitch button (x) bringing up the substitute menu. I tried for a good couple hours to figure it out with no luck. I then found this thread. Particularly this post helped me. I followed it step by step and used the config quoted in it (on page 13) and it worked perfectly.

Side note: I use a ps4 controller and a program called ds4windows just incase someone was in a similar boat.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I had to reply in case there are people trying to get this figured out. I also had the problem with left stick pause and 3rd pitch button (x) bringing up the substitute menu. I tried for a good couple hours to figure it out with no luck. I then found this thread. Particularly this post helped me. I followed it step by step and used the config quoted in it (on page 13) and it worked perfectly.

Side note: I use a ps4 controller and a program called ds4windows just incase someone was in a similar boat.

Sorry to bump again, but I still can't get the pause button to work it's quite annoying while playing and I try to dive and it pauses my game. I use Xbox 360 Controller 

• 2 months later...

I've tried this over and over 3 times, it simply doesn't work with my X360 controller. Can anyone else with a 360 controller confirm that this works?

Same here.  It works fine for me with my wired XBox 360 controller.

Ok, but does it work wireless with the wireless receiver?

UPDATE: No dice, even with player=1 I use the 'x' button and it pulls up the pause menu. That .cfg edit isn't working for me at all.

Edited by tinpanalley
Update

Here's what I did to get it to work with my XBOX 360 Wireless Controller.

As previously mentioned, go to Controller Config. within the game and change one of the Keyboard options (Swing = A for example)

This will create the controller.cfg in Documents/MVP Baseball 2004

I then entered this below. Note the name change to the controller.

If this still doesn't work, rename profile= and device= to what it says in your "Setup USB game controller"

profile= XBOX_360_Wireless_Receiver_For_Windows

device= XBOX_360_Wireless_Receiver_For_Windows

player= 1

number_of_buttons= 10

number_of_povs= 1

number_of_axis= 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_START= button 7

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SELECT= button 8

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CROSS= button 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CRICLE= button 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SQUARE= button 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_TRIANGLE= button 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L1= button 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R1= button 6

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L2= button 7

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R2= button 8

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L3= not_assigned -1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R3= not_assigned -1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_UP= pov0 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN= pov180 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT= pov270 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT= pov90 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_UP= axis+ 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_DOWN= axis- 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 4

VPAD_PITCH_1= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_2= button 2

VPAD_PITCH_3= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_4= button 4

VPAD_PITCH_5= button 6

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 1

VPAD_DEFENSIVE_ALIGNMENT_OPEN= button 8

VPAD_THROW_BALL= not_assigned -1

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_WALK= not_assigned -1

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_HITBATTER= not_assigned -1

VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= not_assigned -1

VPAD_SWING_NORMAL= button 1

VPAD_SWING_BUNT= button 2

VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_HOME= button 1

VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 5

VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= button 6

VPAD_FIELD_FAKE_RUNDOWN_THROW= button 6

VPAD_RUNNER_FIRST_SELECT= button 3

VPAD_RUNNER_SECOND_SELECT= button 4

VPAD_RUNNER_THIRD_SELECT= button 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNFIRST= pov90 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNSECOND= pov0 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNTHIRD= pov270 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNHOME2SCORE= pov180 1

VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= button 5

VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= button 6

VPAD_RUNNER_STOP_SELECTED= button 7

VPAD_RUNNER_STOP_ALL= button 8

• 4 months later...

So glad this thread is still available. Im currently trying to set up my config for my xbox one controllers. Ive looked at the configs in this thread and have one question...does it make a difference that my controller is showing 11 buttons and 6 axis? All the configs that are showing to work are 10 and 5 respectively...and per instructions we are told not to change those numbers because thats how our pc/laptop reads our particular controllers. Just wonder where the extra button/axis is coming from seeing how the xbox one and xbox 360 controller is basically the same layout.

I can't control the sliding with my controller.  Seems like you could slide head first when I originally played this for PS2?  I'm playing on PC with a 360 controller now, and I think I've got most things working besides the sliding.  Any suggestions?

Thnx