Yankee4Life

Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 1-17

3,233 posts in this topic

Even worse -- Y4L has to choose between rooting for Tebow or (GASP!!) a team from the Boston area this weekend!! :facepalm:

Decisions..... decisions.....

Everyone hold on to something because I, Yankee4Life, being of sound mind (no comments please) and body (ok, not exactly) am going to be rooting for a New England team in the NFL playoffs this coming week. Even I can't believe it. I have a few reasons. One of them is that I don't like Denver or any other AFC West team except Oakland. I'll pull for the Patriots to beat the Broncos this week and then I'll root for anyone else to beat them in the Championship game.

Updated to 1-15

...What a week to forget. Commissioner Do-Nothing officially got his contract extended for two more years and you can bet before he leaves office in 2014 -unless he decides to stay again- is to expand the playoffs. Leaving well enough alone is something this guy can not do.

...The firing of Oakland coach Hue Jackson was something I never expected. Honestly, I liked what he did this year. It wasn't his fault that the Raiders couldn't help getting flagged for their stupidity week after week. There's only so much you can teach an idiot and then you can't go any farther. That was Oakland's main problem this year. That and having their wide receivers drop an average of seven passes a game. Finishing 8-8 was a miracle in itself.

...Can someone explain to me why the Yankees are talking to Scott Boras about Edwin Jackson? Don't they have enough trouble with A.J. Burnett?

...Manny Ramirez said this week that he would be a "role model" for any team that wants to sign him this year. Thank heavens for that. I really needed a laugh this week.

...I sometimes wonder if the Athletics franchise ever regretted leaving Philadelphia all those years ago.

...An Apple store in Beijing, China was pelted with eggs last week by angry customers after they learned the the new iPhone was not being released. There's no telling what those same people are going to do to that store once they finally get their hands on that phone and find out that the new phone has more bugs in it than the old one.

...Philadelphia police caught the instigator of the fight that sent an off-duty New York police officer to the hospital after the Winter Classic hockey game. It is unsure what will end up happening to this guy but apparently the mayor of Philadelphia has given him the key to the city and the Phillies are going to have him throw out the first pitch on opening day.

...And the Tim Tebow craze goes on. A pizza maker in Alabama, who apparently is a huge fan with a lot of free time on his hands, created a pizza with Tebow's face on it. I had to provide a link to this and supply a photo because I didn't think any of you would have believed this. Even I still don't. You can have this pizza for yourself for a mere 100 dollars by the way. Drinks not included.

I wonder how many more of these are going to be sold now that Denver has been eliminated?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...Sure Tim Tebow is down in the dumps now that the Patriots demolished the Broncos last night. But look at the bright side Tim. Now you have even more time to pray.

...And with this game ends my association of rooting for a New England team. I feel so dirty right now.

...Everywhere I read on the net I see people praising the Yankees for trading Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi for Michael Pineda and some slug. I don't get it. I really wanted them to keep Montero and Noesi I had high hopes for. Pineda's been in the majors for one year now and had a terrible second half. Why give up so much for someone that unproven?

...We all know how the Yankees do business. They have a ton of money to operate with and very little patience to go along with it. Have Pineda struggle for awhile in New York and they'll have him doing the Scranton shuffle before you know it.

...And while we are at it someone please explain to me the signing of Hideki Kuroda? This is the same damned guy they were trying to trade for during the trading deadline last year. Sure it's only a one year signing and what's ten million dollars between friends? But when are these people going to learn that a pitcher that is effective in the National League doesn't mean he's going to do the same in the American League?

...I hate these two moves.

...It took Jorge Posada of all people to make me feel better this week with his announcement that he has decided to retire as an active player. Now I wonder if he is going to write a book to complain about everyone he played with on the Yankees except for Captain Twenty Million of course.

...There will be a random thoughts next week but it will be late in the day on Sunday because I'll be out of town (weather permitting) at the in-laws next week. Feel free for anyone to jump in though.

Updated to 1-22

...I succeeded once again leaving my wife's hometown with my sanity. I have never been in a city where nothing happens as much as that place. That town makes Pleasantville look like Times Square.

...Somehow I knew the Rangers were going to get the job done and sign Yu Darvish. After dropping 52 million dollars just to talk to him, they had to sign him. And it only cost them another sixty million.

...Right now I'm trying to picture that guy walking around Dallas in a ten gallon hat.

...Now that Darvish is signed, does anyone know who the next great Japanese pitcher is that everyone should sign right away? Whoever it is I don't think the Red Sox want to know. Daisuke Matsuzaka burned them enough as it is.

...Who else thought that the blackout of Wikipedia last Wednesday was a pain in the a$$?

...Terrell Owens is finally getting back into football as he signed a contract with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League. Owens is also a co-owner of the team so that means the ball will be thrown to him every other play.

...A sixty five year old woman was caught with a loaded gun in a Dallas airport last week. She probably was going to protect herself from being roughed up by the TSA staff.

...Cleveland's Fausto Carmona really isn't Fausto Carmona. He's the second Dominican player to be caught so far using a false name. And to make matters worse for the Indians he is three years older than he claimed to be. I got to admit though, Carmona had everyone fooled. I mean who the hell would choose a name to use like Fausto if you weren't born with it?

...What happens to all the fans who bought Carmona jerseys? Can they get half their money back?

...How many other Dominican players have done this? And wouldn't it be funny if Albert Pujols is sweating it out right now hoping that the feds don't knock on his door?

...Tiger Woods is putting down a new book about him calling it "unprofessional." Come on Tiger, not all of the book is going to deal with hookers and one night stands. There will be some golf talk in it.

...If you have an extra $139,000 lying around you can rent Hitler's Wolf's Lair in Eastern Poland. That's the going price for a one year rental of the place. Take a look at this dump. You probably can't even get DirectTV there. No thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...Conference Championship game picks time! AFC: I don't care. NFC: I don't care. Two guaranteed winners right there.

Ive been sitting here watching ravens and pats.My Gf is from balto ,she hates the steelers and i hate the ravens but i hate the pats just as bad and im not fond of the giants but would root against the ravens and pats, so unless the 49ers get in the superbowl,i wont be interested other than to see either pats or ravens lose.Guess it could be worse if the cowboys would be in the running as well.

On another football note sad to see Joe Paterno passed away,well loved here in Pa.Sad to see a great football career end this way and lose him while this is still haunting us.

One good thing baseball will be back in business a few weeks,hopefully this will finally be the year the Pirates finally win that ellusive 82nd game to get out of the losing season slump.

Whats everyones feelings about houston moving to the AL and the schedules having more interleague games???I Have mixed feelings, nice to be able to see matchups that normally wouldnt happen but yet I grew up where the NL was the Nl and the AL was the AL and it meant more when it was world series time.Im just wondering if it takes away from the world series

Too many changes in sports period. Why the hell is the NFL Pro Bowl played the week before the Super Bowl now? Thats ridiculous! Is the NFL trying to say that the Pro Bowl is more significant to them than the Super Bowl? Yeah sure, Tom Brady will play. lol My ***. What happens if golden boy plays then blows out his knee or something? Oh no, he can't play in the Super Bowl now! lol :rofl:

if they do like last year any of the players who are in the probowl make it to the superbowl ,wont be playing the pro bowl

Updated to 1-29

...With the signing of Prince Fielder the Detroit Tigers have probably sewn up the American League Central this year, barring injury of course. Is there any other team that can compete with the Tigers through the entire year? I can't think of one right now.

...23 million dollars a year for Fielder? And again no one complained about it only because Fielder is going to be wearing a Tiger cap and not a Yankee one.

...You see, signing free agents is ok just as long as they go to your team and not the New York Yankees.

...One article that caught my eye this week while surfing the web was about a 13 year old 105 pound Colorado girl who is able to weight lift 176 pounds. For a girl that age and weight, that's impressive. Of course I can do the same thing but only if I combine the weights of three separate lifts.

...The Idiot of the week award goes to a 17 year old British girl who was recently hospitalized because for 15 years she ate nothing but Chicken McNuggets. This dumb *&#^ refused to eat anything but those damned things all this time and now she is vitamin deficient and has anemia. Amazingly she does not have a weight problem. You can argue that the parent has a blame in this and you would be right, but I think she is old enough by now to realize that she needs vegetables, fish and protein too.

...Last week actress Fran Drescher came out and said that she was "abducted by aliens." She didn't say how long the aliens had her but I'm sure that they immediately let her go as soon as she opened up her mouth and started talking.

...Poor Cher. There was a rumor on Twitter that reported her untimely demise and it quickly was squelched as a lie. Makes me wonder what her daughter -I mean son- thought when first reading the news.

...So the Oakland Raiders got themselves another new head coach? Hue Jackson really wasn't the problem. When you lead the entire NFL in penalties and can't catch the ball consistently and you lose four of your last five games to end the season, that's the problem. It's the players fault.

...Somehow I am waiting for someone to still blame this latest mess on Al Davis.

...For those of you who need to catch up on some sleep on this Sunday afternoon, I give you the NFL Pro-Bowl.

...Dennis James has to be applauded again for his release of the 1915 season mod. Even though I have not had a chance to play it yet because I've been laid up with a bad cold I have no doubt that this is going to be another great mod for Mvp 05. Thank you very much Dennis and what you do is very much appreciated.

...Has anyone actually read Google's recent privacy policy changes?

...Hey the Yankees signed Hiroki Kuroda! Is this supposed to be good news?

In regards to Chicken McNuggets, It was less than ten years ago when they started using "white meat" with Chicken McNuggets. When I was a kid there were two apparent kinds of McNuggets. The variety simulated dark and white meat but it was fake because they didn't actually use white meat. McDonald's is an American embarrassment. Being American and knowing that McDonald's is the biggest fast food chain in the world and completely international embarrasses me. But American fastfood is an embarrassment altogether anyways. It hasn't even been more than two years that Taco Bell revealed that their beef is diluted with other products and is something 20% beef. That pissed me off. I used to like that place as a kid.

Most of the so-called chicken used in fast food chains contain rib meat from either pork or beef. You can also find it in your local grocery store. I know because I buy it, cook it, and feed it to my old mutt. And its relatively cheap compared to the real chicken meat. And of course most brands of chicken and turkey are also loaded with the steriods and vitamins that make them grow absurdely larger than normal. :facepalm:

Updated to 2-5

...Finally Super Bowl Sunday is here. I love this day for a variety of reasons and they have nothing to do with watching the game, which I won't see in its entirety anyway. I love Super Bowl Sunday because it's the end of another football season, baseball is very close to sending their players to Florida and Arizona for spring training and that means spring games and news and photos and interviews before this month is through.

...By default, I have to root for the New York Giants. The be-loyal-to-your-conference argument is a moot point today because I don't wish for any Boston team to win a championship.

...I wonder if Beckett and Lackey were at the Super Bowl this week passing out fried chicken and organizing PS3 tournaments for the Patriots?

...The foot in the mouth prize goes to Tom Brady, who insulted the city of Buffalo by telling a reporter that the hotels in Buffalo are not that good. He immediately took back his comment but Buffalo is a paranoid city to begin with. They take every single comment to heart and when he goes to Rich Stadium next season you can be assured that no one in that stadium is going to forget what he said during the week of this big game.

...By the way, if Brady had said that the weather in Buffalo sucks and no one in their right mind would want to live there or drive by there or have any reason to drop by for a little visit, I'd agree with him. The last time I was in Buffalo was in 1988. That's still not long enough time for me to think about going back.

...The I hate you because you are different dept: A group called the One Million Moms organization has set up a campaign to pressure the J.C. Penney company to fire Ellen DeGeneres as their spokesperson. The members of that organization are probably afraid that their kids will automatically become gay if they wear any of the clothes that DeGeneres is selling on TV.

...My version of hell would be to be trapped inside a Chuck-E-Cheese's on a Saturday afternoon jam packed with kids.

...What the hell is this crap with the Yankees signing ex-Red Sox pitcher Manny Delcarmen? Didn't they pound him enough? And now they want him to pitch for them? Sometimes this team really makes you scratch your head.

...Big thanks to the Washington Nationals for taking Edwin Jackson off the market. The (you guessed it) Yankees were interested in him at one point this off season but for some reason didn't sign him. Now that he's unavailable the Yankees don't have the option of retracing their steps to go back and give this putz a 17 million dollar a year contract so he can turn around and win seven games for them.

...Those Egyptian soccer fans make the Philadelphia fans look like choir boys.

I live in Tom Brady's hometown. Trust me when I say that outside of the local media and a few fanboys(women actually), he's been a laughing stock and a nuisance ever since he started playing at Serra High School. His twin sisters played softball, volleyball, etc a couple years ahead of him in high school, and from watching them play, I realized that overall they were better athletes than he ever was.

Its no surprise to hear about what happened at that soccer game in Egypt or anywhere in the world. When you live in a 3rd world country, are impoverished, pissed off, drunk and watching soccer in an old broken down stadium, what do you expect to happen?

Cant wait for baseball to start up again. I hope Jorge Posada stays retired, I hope every team rejects Manny Ramirez, especially Oakland.

My version of Hell is any kind of social gathering in a public place where I am among people who insist on being normal, and conforming rather than being individuals, or among people who just want an outlet to ***** and moan about how much their life sucks to anybody who will listen.

myself i cant see anyone getting paid that much,will be another reason why teams have to raise ticket prices.I miss going to games but just cost too much for me to try and take my family.My 3 boys are starting to have families of their own and i think ive only been to 2 games with them because it just cost too much.Now with pujols and fielders signings it means it just took a turn for the worse

myself i cant see anyone getting paid that much,will be another reason why teams have to raise ticket prices.I miss going to games but just cost too much for me to try and take my family.My 3 boys are starting to have families of their own and i think ive only been to 2 games with them because it just cost too much.Now with pujols and fielders signings it means it just took a turn for the worse

When I was younger I would feel sorry for myself because I didn't live in a major league city. I was envious of those people that got to see American or National league games on a regular basis. But now with those high ticket prices I am happy I live in a Triple A city where the ticket prices are very reasonable and I get to see the players before they become big names.

i was thinking about checking out the erie seawolves sometime but just never have lol

Don, I used to live in Erie, and went to many of the Seawolves games. They usually do a Buck night on Monday night home games, where tickets are $1, and many of the food items are a $1. Also, I am not sure if they are still doing this, but if you go to Wendy's there and buy a meal and get a milk to drink, you get 2 free tickets to a Seawolves game. So, I would get the $3.99 Double Stack meal, and get a milk to drink. Then I would have a couple of tickets for free, and then just would pay for parking and whatever food I wanted to eat.

Jerry Uht park is a beautiful park, and I think you would really enjoy it.

thnx jay ill have to check into that.Usually in july my family does something special.Bad part is have a vehicle thats about to die on me and didnt get good news about a loan today,but will keep this in mind if i can somehow work things out

Updated to 2-12

...I didn't win my Super Bowl pool last week but when Tom Brady's final desperation pass fell incomplete I really didn't care. As far as I was concerned, Boston lost and that made me a winner.

...Remember SeanO that used to come around here? Sean made many great Mvp stadiums for those of you who aren't familiar. Well Sean's a huge Boston fan - in fact he lives there- but he hates Brady with a passion. I think that made him the only guy in New England with a smile on his face last Sunday night.

...And it didn't take long for Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen to become a card carrying New Englander, didn't it? You know, blaming other people when you lose and pointing fingers at others. Becoming a sore loser in that area of the country must be as easy as breathing.

...I don't miss football one bit. Although that would probably be different had the Raiders done something these past ten years.

...Watching Yankee games this year is going to be so much better now that Kim Jones has decided to leave the YES Network. In all her years there she has never asked any player an interesting question. In fact, she hasn't been close.

So Derek, how did it feel to get the game winning RBI?

It felt great Kim. Just taking it day by day.

That's great! Back to you Michael.

...Dennis Oil Can Boyd came out in an interview last week to let everyone know that most of the time he was on the mound during his playing career he was on cocaine. Boyd last played in the majors in 1991 and why anyone would give a damn right now what he did would be the first thing you'd wonder but the real reason why he's putting himself back in the news is that he's coming out with a book later on this year. The only people that would want to read about a career 78-77 pitcher are his family and friends and the people he gives free copies to.

...Kevin Youkilis is going to be marrying Tom Brady's sister? I never knew his sister was blind.

...Just watch. Someone on the Yankees is now going to get married just so the Yankees can get equal press time.

...When I come across games that I own like The Pandora Directive and Wacky Wheels -two games I am pretty sure a lot of you have never heard of by the way- it made me realize I held on to this stuff longer than I should have.

...A Tennessee couple was murdered last week all because they de-friended someone on Facebook. For some reason the father of the girl that was de-friended (obviously a capital offense among rednecks with an internet connection) engaged the help of someone and shot the couple to death. This makes people who have never had a Facebook account want to run right out and sign up immediately.

...Hey,don't forget Valentine's day which is only two days away now. To me this is the worst day on the calendar for the entire year. This is when Hallmark and the jewelry stores pressure you into buying a gift for your special someone. Show her you care. That's the catchphrase you'll hear on TV. And all this time I showed her I did care when I got her Christmas gifts seven weeks ago and birthday gifts five weeks ago. Silly me.

...Reading about the death of Whitney Houston immediately brought me back to the late 1980's when I first heard of her. She had a fantastic voice. It was a voice that made you stop what you were doing and listen. Her beauty also matched the quality of her voice. Her drug struggles over the years were well documented and discussed by the media. Right now no one knows how she died but to me that's beside the point. R.I.P. Whitney.

Updated to 2-19

...Sure is nice seeing baseball back, isn't it? I can't wait to see who emerges as the next new phenom when the games get going next month.

...How the hell did Oakland sign Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes? The impression that team seems to give out is that they don't have two nickels to rub together.

...Hey, at least the Yankees got rid of A.J. Burnett. As the great Branch Rickey used to say, that's addition by subtraction. Things got so bad last year that I refused to watch Yankee games when Burnett was the starting pitcher. First Posada gone and now this human pinball machine. Beautiful!

...Look, I know I am a card carrying member of the Diehard Yankee club, but there is still no way I am going to be dishing out money for Official his and hers Yankee fragrances. A 1.7 ounce bottle of this stuff is going to set you back $49. My wife happens to have some perfume that's in that size and the bottle is so small that you can hide it behind a Dixie cup. The next size up is a 3.4 ounce bottle which will only soak 63 dollars out of you. I'm sure this product line will sell well in Boston.

...Got my taxes done yesterday. Another headache out of the way.

...I got to get the latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue mainly because Natalie Gulbis will be in it posing in body paint. Oh yeah, and for the articles too.

...Whoever the person was who did the painting on her must have had a real steady hand because If it were me, my hands would have been shaking.

...I thought it was a nice thing that the New Jersey governor did for Whitney Houston on Saturday. He ordered the flags to be lowered to half staff for her despite the protests of people who, pointing at her struggles with substance abuse, argued that she didn't deserve this honor.

...I wonder what NFL team will be deluded enough to pick up Randy Moss just because he's decided to play again?

...After hearing about the death of Gary Carter it made me realize once again how secondary the world of sports really is. In my case I was not a fan of the teams that Carter played for, especially when he played for the Mets. Therefore I didn't root for him. That being said, the sense of loss I felt when I heard that he died last Thursday made me stop what I was doing to say a prayer for him and his family. It would have made me very happy to find out that he had beat this brain cancer that eventually ended up claiming him. The way he played the game and his attitude towards it should be an example to all players who are currently playing and ones in the future.

RIP Gary Carter. Even as a young baseball fan, I will never forget him even past his prime with the Dodgers.

Y4L, Joanne Gair is the amazing body paint expert. The two other women donning body paint as a matter of trivia are UC-Berkeley alumnus.

want to get this off my chest: I'm a little annoyed at this Jeremy Lin story. It's a great story and I'm happy for his opportunity. But it just means that racism has permeates American sports over Asian Americans. With media attention, it appears that there has been almost no athletes good enough to have been given any opportunities whatsoever in professional sports. Tiger Woods was a pioneer. But really, since becoming Pro over 15 years ago, has much changed? Lin has only started a handful of games. It seems like either Jeremy Linn is the Jim Thorpe of Asian athletes or perhaps Asian Americans are profiled as not being great athletes in America. And the way he blown up so fast, I feel like he's destined to fail. But then I look at entertainment. As for Asian Americans, I can't even think of 15 celebrities off the top of my head. Most are typecasted or not even American like Jackie Chan. If you pay attention to commericals on TV, you got an Asian American being punked trying to rent a car in Chase commericial, being punked in a Halls cough drop commerical, being an idiot trying to eat from somebody elses' cheerios that are exactly the same, or being a party pooper for guys trying to drive to Vegas. There's Lucy Lu, *John* Cho and Jeremy Lin today. Well, that's all I got to say. I could go on about this but it's pointless. Racism doesn't change over night and I'm not gonna cry me a river about it. But I won't ignore it still exists today after the Chinese Exclusion Act, Mysogyny laws, Gentleman's Agreement, Japanese landowner laws, National Origins Acts and Executive Order 9066. The law of the past has made the perception what it is today. I love American and would die for my country because it's still a great country despite the histories of racism not limited to Asian-Americans. I feel that Latino American and African American athletes face racism but still get more opportunies over Asian Americans where it's not even close to same number of opportunities. I find it hard to believe that it's purely only biological. It took so long for civil rights to be acknowledged in the middle towards the end of the twentieth century. But equality it still truly is a work in progress even in a time where cars drive themselves.

Excellent, excellent post on the subject Veesmack. Your commentary and historical knowledge are dead on regarding these subtle (and not so subtle) racism issues in media/sports/entertainment. I definitely agree with your point that Jeremy Lin is also ‘destined’ to fail because of the unnatural expectations that are now piled on him. I am also not losing sleep over, if Lin ‘fails’ and doesn’t take the Knicks single-handedly into the NBA Finals; but I do root for him and I would like to see him do well. Being half-Asian/bi-racial myself, I find myself pulling some of these guys and gals to do well…but I root for any person who’s a dedicated guy and it’s nice to see any race succeed in endeavors of the American landscape regardless. It’s like certain people throughout history (and sports specifically) do have these wild expectations levied on them to be the sole determining factor of whether ‘their race’ can truly succeed in whatever they are doing. Jim Thorpe was a good example, as well as Jackie Robinson <obviously>, Roberto Clemente, and when speaking of Asians…Hideo Nomo was instrumental in opening the door to Asian/Japanese baseball players that followed. Unfortunately, the downside of these expectations, is that if these people ‘fail’ in the public’s eyes; then it sometimes becomes an unfair regression of sorts. In other words, if Jeremy Lin doesn’t turn into the second coming of Michael Jordan overnight…then what is the likelihood that Asian basketball players will be looked at in the same light all across the board. It has a lot to do with today’s society as well; where the “all-or-nothing”, polarizing attitudes are prevalent. Anyway, this was a great, thought-provoking post Veesmack.

want to get this off my chest: I'm a little annoyed at this Jeremy Lin story. It's a great story and I'm happy for his opportunity. But it just means that racism has permeates American sports over Asian Americans. With media attention, it appears that there has been almost no athletes good enough to have been given any opportunities whatsoever in professional sports. Tiger Woods was a pioneer. But really, since becoming Pro over 15 years ago, has much changed? Lin has only started a handful of games. It seems like either Jeremy Linn is the Jim Thorpe of Asian athletes or perhaps Asian Americans are profiled as not being great athletes in America. And the way he blown up so fast, I feel like he's destined to fail.

You said a lot Veesmack and I can tell just by your words here that you feel strongly about this. I think the best thing that the media and everyone else can do for Jeremy Lin is to look at him as simply a basketball player and not a basketball player who happens to be Asian. Lin's just starting out. He shouldn't be pressured to represent his entire race when he takes the court.

Are Asian American athletes good enough to play major sports? I got a one word answer for that. Yes. I don't believe that they are excluded from participating in sports when they are young. If an American of Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, etc decent has an interest in being a point guard, a running back or a right fielder he has much of an opportunity as anyone else. Why aren't there more? I have no idea. Why do all the Asian major league players come from their home country and not here? Beats me. But I don't believe it has anything to do with being purposely excluded.

But then I look at entertainment. As for Asian Americans, I can't even think of 15 celebrities off the top of my head. Most are typecasted or not even American like Jackie Chan. If you pay attention to commericals on TV, you got an Asian American being punked trying to rent a car in Chase commericial, being punked in a Halls cough drop commerical, being an idiot trying to eat from somebody elses' cheerios that are exactly the same, or being a party pooper for guys trying to drive to Vegas. There's Lucy Lu, *John* Cho and Jeremy Lin today.

I can't think of five Asian American celebrities. And I'm not trying to be funny here. I'm just saying that I don't pay attention to what race or religion someone is. I got better things to do. I'll give you an example. You know the actor James Caan? He was in the Godfather along with many other movies? Just a few weeks ago I found out he was Jewish. All these years I never thought about what he was, if he was Polish or German or Catholic or Baptist. He was just James Caan to me.

And the examples you just gave here are stereotypes. Stereotypes are baggage that is attached to every race whether they are deserved or not. I'm Sicilian. Every time I see a Sicilian on TV or in a movie they got a gun in their hand and they're the bad guys. Whatever.

One final thing about stereotypes. You won't change them. They were around before you were born and they'll be here after you are gone.

Y4L,

Great post about the SI Swimsuit painting....Although there are absolutely no wrong choices with this subject, I would like to volunteer to "paint" this one: :good:

http://sportsillustr...y-teigen_1.html

My monitor just melted because that photo was so hot.

I have to buy this issue.

I think the best thing that the media and everyone else can do for Jeremy Lin is to look at him as simply a basketball player and not a basketball player who happens to be Asian. Lin's just starting out. He shouldn't be pressured to represent his entire race when he takes the court.

Great point Y4L.

Hey did you notice on those SI Swimsuit slideshows that they have a "Where To Buy" button at the bottom? Like anybody cares where to buy and who designed these swimsuits. Ummmm...what swimsuits? I didn't really notice those were in the picture. :popcorn:

Untitledpicture-1.jpg

Dennis, there's 129 pages of posts in this thread and that picture you just posted was the best one of them all. And you're right, I could care less where you buy the swimsuits unless the girl is included. Is that shallow of me? Guilty as charged. :lol:

I am in love with Kate Upton.

...Lust,for sure.

Updated to 2-26

...Any team that lets a guy like Hideki Matsui go and signs Manny Ramirez is asking for trouble.

...During Oakland's first fifty games is when you'll see Ramirez help out the Athletics the most and that's because he'll still be suspended.

...Checked out some spring training photos this week from the camps in Florida and Arizona. Here's my favorite one so far. It's a picture of A.J. Burnett. What makes it so good is that he's wearing a Pirate uniform instead of a Yankee one.

Here's Burnett as he is about to throw his first wild pitch of the spring.

...One thing I hoped would happen in the off season for the Yankees was for them to get younger. Signing Raul Ibanez (age 39) and re-signing Andruw Jones (who will be 35 in April) and Eric Chavez (34, and who also missed 2 1/2 months last year) is not exactly what I thought they'd do. I just hope it doesn't end up hurting them.

...Elizabeth Smart got married last week in Hawaii. Yeah, yeah I know. You don't give a *&#$ either. :lol:

...Besides being a great ballplayer and a multimillionaire, now Evan Longoria is dating Playboy model Jaime Edmondson. Some guys get all the luck.

...If anyone ever accuses any of you that you spend too much time on the internet you can tell them this story. I was watching the local news the other day and they had a piece on a guy who was fired from his job because he was playing World of Warcraft for over 100 hours a week. Can you imagine that? That's over 14 hours a day. After watching some videos of this game on Youtube I didn't understand why this game is so popular. I couldn't play this game for 14 minutes let alone 14 hours.

...I dug up an old game of mine for my Windows XP laptop called The Typing of the Dead. And while I'm not playing it for 14 hours a day, it's a hell of a lot of fun to play. When I'm done my fingers hurt because I'm typing so fast. I'd love to see a 2012 version of this.

...It didn't take long for the Angels to find out what a handful Albert Pujols is going to be. Had the Angels never put up billboards to welcome him to Southern California he'd have pouted about that.

...I don't care if Ryan Braun is not going to be serving his fifty game suspension for his postive test for PED's. I'm still skeptical about it. I honestly believe MLB let him get away with this only because he was the NL MVP last year and if the reigning MVP were to be suspended it would have made Bum Selig and his boys look bad. And despite if Braun is suspended or not he's still guilty in the eyes of millions of fans.

...I think the guy who is stuck with the job with putting rubber bands over the claws of lobsters must have a pretty tough job.

...Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine has banned alcohol from the Boston clubhouse effective immediately. Since he didn't consult with any of his high priced prima donnas, you can expect some complaints about it to be leaked to the press. The Red Sox players should be grateful that he didn't ban take out food also.

...Have you heard about that college football player from Virginia who is currently on an eight day hunger strike? Somehow I can't see Prince Fielder doing something like this.

Ok, liked your post, Y4L, except for the part about Burnett in the Pirate uniform. I still hate that move. I hope I am wrong, but I think the guy is a mental case and will not help the Bucco's out. I would rather have seen them resign Maholm then to trade for this whipped cream thrower who is a waste of roster space.

Ok, liked your post, Y4L, except for the part about Burnett in the Pirate uniform. I still hate that move. I hope I am wrong, but I think the guy is a mental case and will not help the Bucco's out. I would rather have seen them resign Maholm then to trade for this whipped cream thrower who is a waste of roster space.

Who can blame you for hating this move? If I were you I wouldn't be happy about it either. I couldn't stand Burnett so much last year that I wouldn't watch any of the Yankee games that he started because I couldn't take watching him any longer.

I know. I thought the Pirates had done a few decent moves this offseason, and then they do this boneheaded thing. I would rather see some kid from the minors get a shot than Burnett.

wow 13 pitches and Joel Zumaya is out for the season,Pirates and Aj dunno but i think id feel more comfy if they brought luis tiant out of retirement lol.But I think Ray Searage can be a major factor and Hurdle can bring out the best of players.Spring training will tell which AJ has shown up and for the pirates and pirates fans sake i hope its the good AJ

wow 13 pitches and Joel Zumaya is out for the season,Pirates and Aj dunno but i think id feel more comfy if they brought luis tiant out of retirement lol.But I think Ray Searage can be a major factor and Hurdle can bring out the best of players.Spring training will tell which AJ has shown up and for the pirates and pirates fans sake i hope its the good AJ

Don, if they brought Luis Tiant out of retirement I bet he would still have better control than Burnett. And also just for your information the only time you are going to see a "good" A.J. Burnett is when he is warming up in the bullpen. :lol:

the only time you are going to see a "good" A.J. Burnett is when he is warming up in the bullpen. :lol:

A.J Burnett has an 9.78 ERA warming up in the bullpen :rofl: :rofl:

Burnett cant win, using himself as the starting pitcher in a video game.

A.J. Burnett- stinks worse than poop that has been wrapped in poop.

well pirates luck either turned for the better or worse,not sure which as burnett will be out about 3 months

Updated to 3-4

...The events last week in that small Ohio town that left three young kids dead made me once again thank God that I am not part of the school system any longer. Who the hell knows what set off this latest maniac and made him bring a gun to school last Monday? Just put this killer on trial as an adult, convict him, send him to his cell and throw away the key.

...What got me was when it was all over and he was caught by the police he then said "I'm sorry!" Oh really? Well you should have thought of that before you ruined the lives of three families that won't see their kid anymore and countless others who are going to be scared to go back to school for a very long time.

...Thinking back, all the troublemakers did when I was in high school was smoke in the bathrooms or skip school. Those kids would be chewed up and spit out if they were in school today.

...I read this week that the net worth of Apple is more than the country of Poland. There's a joke in there somewhere but I won't go there.

...I wonder how popular the Playstation Vita (priced between $249 and $299) is going to be? I mean if I am going to pay that much I'd rather get the Playstation 3.

...It didn't take long for the Yankee - Red Sox bull**** to start up, didn't it? Thanks to Bobby Valentine, who even on his best days is still a stupid son of a *****, he had to make a point of taking jabs at A-Rod and Jeter during an interview when he talked about Jason Varitek's retirement. For reasons known only to him he praised Varitek for "beating up" Rodriguez back in 2004 and then went into detail about the famous flip play that Jeter did back in 2001 in the playoffs against Oakland, saying he was "out of position" and that he did not believe the Yankees practiced that play. Jeter's response? He didn't know why this was being brought up after all this time. My thoughts exactly.

...Personally I was sad to see Varitek retire. He was practically an automatic out when he came up to the plate the past few years.

...That sigh of relief you heard around the Steel City this week were Pirate fans when they learned A.J. Burnett would not be pitching for them for the next two or three months.

...There is nothing that I like about adding two more teams to the post season this year. Forget Bud Selig's reason that it would be good for baseball. The real reason why he did this was to make FOX and TBS happy.

...Pretty soon all you'll need to do is stay as close to the top as you can and you'll be assured of that extra playoff spot. Come October, let's see who the first team is to be screwed by Selig's new system.

...For those of us who can remember baseball without Bud Selig and only four teams in the post season, those are the good old days.

...Congratulations to former New York Giant Tiki Barber on his upcoming marriage but I think someone should have reminded him to get a divorce from his first wife before getting ready to marry the second one. That's usually how it goes.

...Great job Red Sox by piling up on a bunch of college kids as they embarrassed Northwestern yesterday by a score of 25 - 0. What are they doing, making up for the runs they didn't score last September?

Damn straight I breathed a sigh of relief that Burnett will be out for 3 months. Thank God. I hate to see anyone hurt, but I'd love to see this enable a stay on the DL for the remainder of his 2 year contract.

Can hardly wait for the spring training games to start. Want to make a trip to Bradenton to see my Bucco's play, and also go to Steinbrenner Field (almost called it Legends Field), and also over to Lakeland to see the Tigers. God, I love this time of year. So glad Baseball is back.

Hines Ward was released by the Steelers today. Hate to see him go, but unfortunatly decisions like this have to be made every year. Gonna miss ya Hines.

Planning on getting a PS Vita. I'd love to get the PS3, but most of the time, my son is watching the TV or playing a game on my tv, so it is easier to have a portable gaming system. Plus from what I have seen, the graphics are similar to the PS3. First game I want to get is MLB 12 the show. Just waiting for my taxes to purchase this. When I get it, I'm giving my son my old PSP go.

I would like to offer my prayers to the families affected by these tornadoes the past couple of days. Also prayers to the families of those affected by the shooter in Ohio. God bless, and have a wonderful week.

I am going to weigh in on the whole. "adding playoff" spots. They are needed. How does a league have 30 teams, and only 6 playoff spots? It's ridiculous, and needs to be overhauled. There are far to few spots. It's the same teams every year...over and over. I love baseball. It's the greatest game on Earth, but MLB's playoff system is flawed. The league needs to figure out a new system. 6 teams weren't enough, and on top of that, it isn't always the 6 best teams. Pisses me off when a team wins the division with 85 wins, but another team in another division has more wins, but is out.

I say that the schedule needs to be reduced by 10-15 games, and the playoffs need to be expanded.

Oh, and I am excited by the addition of two more teams, but the one game playoff format...sucks.

Updated to 3-11

...I never listen to the guy but I think that whatever Rush Limbaugh says is geared towards ratings and trying to upset as many people as possible.

...The only reason why Peyton Manning is not a member of the Colts today is a financial one. You can't tell me that if Manning came back to the team next year Baltimore would not improve on their 2 - 14 record.

...Lenny Dykstra may not be thrilled about going to jail but I bet the prison baseball team is delighted.

...All of a sudden millions of iPad2's are no good anymore and getting the iPad3 is a must.

...Even after all these years the Electric Light Orchestra is one of my favorite bands.

...I just read the other day that Ashley Olsen, one half of the anorexic Olsen twins has decided to quit acting for good because she doesn't want to do it anymore. And I thought she was going to say she quit acting because she finally realized she was lousy at it.

...Who the hell is Adele?

...I heard about a 100 year old man who is blind but still goes bowling and is able to even get strikes and the first thing I asked myself what I was doing wrong? :lol:

...Good move by the Rams as Washington traded its next three first-round picks, plus this year's second-round pick for unproven but talented Robert Griffin III. This could turn around this 2 - 14 team in a hurry.

...East coasters, don't forget to turn your clock ahead before you go to bed tonight because if you don't some of you are going to be an hour late for work on Monday.

...Finally, I wanted to say thank you to Krawhitham who owned first Eamods and then Mlbmods. Mlbmods went down recently and no one knew why or when it was coming back and then we learned that it went down for good. Kraw did a lot for Mvp Baseball and the 2K series and his contributions to this game are only comparable to a handful of people here over the years like Trues, Jim825, Homer, Fuzzone, KC, Spungo and Dennis James, just to name a few. Thank you Kraw for everything and for your website.

Updated to 3-18

...One of the nice things about spring training is seeing Tommy Lasorda at the Dodgers camp. Love the Dodgers or not, this guy's love of the game is genuine and it shows.

...I had mixed feelings about Encyclopaedia Britannica announcing that they will not print any more versions of their product. It's been such a tradition for years and I was kind of sad to see it go. Then I looked up the price of the thirty-two volume set and when I saw the cost ($1,395 -no kidding) I wished them well.

...And FYI, for anyone wondering what the DVD version costs, it is a very reasonable $39.95 and takes a very unreasonable 4.7 gig of hard drive space.

...So let me get this straight. There's a 41 year old balded ex-teacher shacking up with a hot looking 18 year old? Who needs to go to the movies when this stuff happens in real life?

...Japan is an amazing country. After the destruction from the tsunami last year, the lengths that they have gone to rebuild their country is impressive.

...Kim Kardashian can't sleep, so she takes a sexy photo of herself and posts it on Twitter. When I can't sleep I make a sandwich.

...My wife watches The Voice every week and when I told her it was just an obvious clone of American Idol she tells me it isn't because on this show the judges don't see the singers. I let her win this one because sometimes the logic of a woman has you beat even before you say one word.

...One more thing about her. Gas prices rose on the eighth straight day in our area today. So what does she do? Drives forty miles out of town to buy a purse.

...St. Patrick's day fell on the perfect day this year because everyone who needed the excuse to tie one one because the calendar fell on March 17th now have a full day to recover.

...The first thing I thought of when I heard Andy Pettitte signed a minor league contract was that it had to be a joke. Then I thought if Pettitte could do it maybe Jorge Posada could change his mind too. :cray:

...I've always heard that every time there is a computer error or problem that it is always caused by a human mistake, which I accept totally. The trouble is, the computer doesn't tell you how to fix it. And referring to help files that don't help do not count. :sorry:

Updated to 3-25

...Even though Peyton Manning and the Broncos said all the right things during his introductory press conference, Denver still has to be very concerned with the health of Manning and if he can make it through an entire season.

...By the way Tim Tebow, thanks for everything. Are you bags packed yet? Good. See ya.

...Just because Manning is with Denver now doesn't make the Broncos the favorites in the division. Big name quarterbacks who left their team that they were most identified with really don't fare well in the NFL. Look up Joe Namath going from the Jets to the Los Angeles Rams, Joe Montana from the 49ers to the Chiefs, Kenny Stabler from the Raiders to the Houston Oilers and to go way back, Johnny Unitas from the Colts to the Chargers. Not one produced a championship for their new team.

...Cheers for Lance Berkman of the Cardinals for saying that Bum Selig extorted the new owner of the Astros to move to the American League. Finally someone came out and said exactly what many people were thinking all along.

...In Hong Kong, China a ten year old kid got arrested for kicking another boy in the head during a soccer game. In Philadelphia he would have been cheered for what he did.

...Chipper Jones plans on retiring at the completion of the 2012 season, which is just as well since his batting average retired a few years ago.

...I still do not feel I am missing anything if I don't have the latest edition of 2k baseball.

...I feel bad for Joba Chamberlain because he was working really hard to return to the mound from his Tommy John surgery but what is just as bad is all the bad press he's been getting because of his ankle injury. The New York tabloids, always looking for an excuse to slam someone, have really done a number on him since this happened.

...For what it's worth, I don't think Joba was being irresponsible. He was just a dad trying to play with his kid and it went terribly wrong. And the report I read today about him being back on the mound by June is encouraging. I don't care if he comes back to the team by September. As long as he's fine he is going to help the Yankees.

...One of the many things I like about this website is coming on here and noticing the subtle changes that are made. For example, the Recommended Sites area was put back up a few weeks back. And now just the other day the latest topic lists for the three parts of the forum grew from five to nine. Little changes, but they all make this place look better.

...By the way, if you got the time give Homer a congratulations on being named a new administrator on this site. He kept up Mlbmods by himself until they went down and he'll be nothing but a positive addition around here. Good luck Homer!

...This year the Texas Rangers are going to be serving a two foot long hot dog that weighs one pound that anyone can buy if they don't mind parting with $26. I bet Bartolo Colon can't wait until the Athletics visit Texas.

^^^

Haha about Colon... but damn, he pitched a pretty good game the other day. True it was against a horrible offense, but nice game regardless.

Updated to 4-1

...What the hell is Angry Birds ?

...There's an 83 year old New York woman who is suing Apple because she walked into the glass door at one of their Long Island stores. I don't care how old you are, these doors are not invisible and if you walk into them it is your own fault.

...It's safe to say that Matt Bush, the now former Rays pitcher, will never play for Tampa or any other professional team again after getting drunk, driving with a suspended license, hitting a motorcycle, running over the motorcyclist's head and leaving the scene of the accident. Now I want to see some lawyer defend this guy.

...This guy was a former number one draft pick who could throw the ball 97 to 99 miles an hour. He had a right arm that every team would love to have on their side. He had everything waiting for him. A major league career and all the fame that goes with it along with millions of dollars. There was no limit to what this guy could have done on the field. But he could not get past what the bottle had to offer him. There is no heavier burden than great potential.

...Did anyone notice how little press coverage this got? Had Matt Bush been a Yankee farmhand this story would have never left the front page of ESPN for at least a week.

...And somehow they would have found a way to blame Alex Rodriguez.

...Two billion dollars for the Los Angeles Dodgers?

...Jamie Moyer making the opening day roster for the Colorado Rockies is a great story. He deserved it with the way he pitched for them this spring. It is accounts like these that can only happen in baseball that make this game better than every sport out there.

...I read online the other day that the best tax friendly state for retirees is Alaska. Of course it is. Who the hell wants to live there? The people already in Alaska don't even want to be there. That state will do anything to get people to come there.

...If throwing touchdowns and winning games was as easy for Ryan Leaf as getting into trouble is that guy would be in the Hall of Fame by now.

...I don't know where I heard it but someone called Lady Gaga Lady Gag-Gag. Very appropriate.

...No way did I watch the two regular season games in Tokyo last week. My pillow would not let me go at that early hour.

...But I'll be wide awake this week when the rest of baseball begins again and I wish the Boston Red Sox nothing but success this year!

...By the way, April Fools.

I have not been on in a looooong time and I forgot how much I miss these posts. Great job Y4L.

I have not been on in a looooong time and I forgot how much I miss these posts. Great job Y4L.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. :)

Hey Y4L this thread has become required reading for me at lunch on Mondays at work. You've inspired me to do a version on my blog. I'm a Philly guy, but this proves that even occassionally we can get along.

Hey Y4L this thread has become required reading for me at lunch on Mondays at work. You've inspired me to do a version on my blog. I'm a Philly guy, but this proves that even occassionally we can get along.

Thank you jaxen, that was really a nice thing to say. I'm glad you like it. And just between you and I and everyone else that reads this, everything I say about Philadelphia in this thread is completely tongue-in-cheek. Any city that can produce a man like John Facenda is not bad.

Can you give me a link to your blog? I'd love to read it.

Have a good rest of the week!

Updated to 4-8

...Cleveland's Ubaldo Jimenez is appealing his five game suspension for hitting former teammate Troy Tulowitzki with a pitch. Personally I think it's a good move on his part because with all the yelling that the Rockies caused because of this incident Jimenez was guilty even before he went off the mound to defend himself.

...This was the first week of baseball but already ESPN was talking about October predictions. I know every year they do the same thing but it really is annoying. I want to enjoy the return of baseball right now and not think about the end of the season. That comes fast enough all by itself.

...With David Robertson injuring his foot going down stairs, Joba Chamberlain hurting his ankle on a trampoline of all things, Michael Pineda starting the season on the DL because of tendinitis in his right shoulder and many other various injuries that the Yankees had this spring, it leaves me very little room for sympathy for the Red Sox for losing Andrew Bailey for three months.

...On the other hand even if none of this stuff would have happened to the Yankees, Andrew Bailey still would be the last thing on my mind. I liked him when he was in Oakland but now? No.

...Levi Johnston is going to be a father again at the age of 21. You can say one thing about this guy, he knows how to get around.

...I recently re-installed an old soccer game I have called Pro Evolution Soccer 4 and I am still blown away by the graphics and gameplay that Konami put into it and all the time I was playing this I could not help thinking what this company could do if they were allowed to make a baseball game.

...The more I mess around with my XP laptop that I have the more I realize I how much I miss Windows XP because that operating system was much more stable than Vista or Windows 7.

...Amazon must love me since I bought eight games in a span of three days.

...I had to laugh when I read about the dog who ate his owner's tickets to the Masters Golf Tournament. The poor guy had to induce vomiting to get the tickets back and then take photos of them to prove he did have them. Fortunately the people that run the Masters were very understanding and everything turned out well for him. I just hope the dog doesn't get it into her head to eat the guy's refund check next.

...The Cubs may be the Cubs but they know how to get the right guy to throw out the first pitch for their home opener when they picked Bill Murray.

...Somehow I think the New York Mets are going to survive very well without Jose Reyes.

...When I first read that Ozzie Guillen "loves Castro" I thought he meant Starlin Castro of the Cubs and not Fidel. And typical of anyone these days who says something and immediately regrets saying it, Guillen called a quick press conference to explain to all concerned that he didn't mean what he said and he's sorry. Ok, but why say it in the first place?

...Meanwhile, up at the Southside of Chicago they're all smiles because they know Guillen's not their problem anymore.

...If you ever wondered how you can get yourself into 6.7 million dollars of debt, ask Warren Sapp. He knows.

...The next movie I plan on seeing is American Reunion which could be the last installment of the American Pie movies. I saw a few previews of it and it looks pretty good. The first thing I'm going to look for when I go and see this is how much makeup they had to plaster on Tara Reid to make her look good for this. Stifler's Mom looks better than her.

...Amanda Bynes is the latest no talent actress to be arrested for DUI. She must have been tired of Lindsay Lohan getting all that attention.

...Charles Manson said that next week he may not even attend his latest parole hearing, probably because he's been denied so many times in the past. Makes sense. That guy has as much chance making parole as Bin Laden has getting a posthumous pardon from the United States.

...There's a kid in China who last year sold his kidney to buy an iPad2 and an iPhone and because of that, is now suffering from renal deficiency, which, according to that article is a very serious medical condition. How someone can willingly do this is beyond any understanding that I have and it isn't my objective here to make light of this, but if anyone ever tells you from now on that something that you have done is really stupid all you got to do is tell them is wait a second..I got a story to tell you about some Chinese kid. :sad:

...This week on April 12th marks the 100th anniversary of the Titanic sinking. It's such a fascinating and tragic story. All those lives lost and all those lives that could have been saved. But leave it up to someone with an eye to his wallet to come up with this gimmick as they plan on setting sail and following the exact course of the doomed ship exactly 100 years later. If it were me, because I like to play it safe, I'd triple check if they had enough life jackets and rescue boats just in case there's some icebergs in the neighborhood looking for a fight.

...I don't know how true this is but I read last week that Russia is developing a gun that turns people into zombies by attacking the target's central nervous system. These guys will do anything to win at the Olympics, won't they?

...Tim Tebow will be giving a speech today in celebration of Easter Sunday at a church in central Texas. I don't know exactly what he's going to be talking about but it's sure to be long and half the people will be nodding off before he's through.

...By the way, Happy Easter Sunday to everyone here at Mvpmods!

Updated to 4-15

...Lou Piniella's doing a great job as commentator up in the YES broadcast booth. Now if they can just think of a way to get Michael Kay out of there.

...Thank you for Meredith Marakovits. She's much nicer to look at then Kim Jones ever was.

...Melissa Etheridge’s ex-partner is requesting a hike in the child custody payments she gets because she is "only" receiving $23,000 a month from her.. Personally if my wife ever had to give me $23,000 a month to live on I'd shut up about it and keep cashing the checks.

...Cheers for Terry Francona for telling the Red Sox to shove it when they invited him to take place in their centennial celebration of Fenway Park next week. This was nothing but a request by the Red Sox to make them look good in the papers and Francona, to his credit, saw right through it. He knows the Red Sox want him there that day as much as they want Bucky Dent to be there.

...Since I've never been a fan of Apple and how they operate, it was nice to see them being sued by the U.S. Department of Justice because they along with other major book publishers conspired to drive up e-book prices. You can always count on companies like Apple to delve into every opportunity that presents itself to screw the customer.

...The guy that stole the "Paternoville" sign at Penn State University back in February was caught last week at his home in Fairport, New York. That's about a ten minute drive from where I live. I had to laugh at this idiot. How was he going to explain it if people saw this sign, that he bought it on E-bay?

,,,And how about that guy who traveled to Nashville, Tennessee on a Greyhound bus and committed ten felonies in nine hours? From burning a business to the ground to tasering someone, carjacking a taxi driver at gunpoint, using stolen credit cards and robbing hotel guests at gun point, just to name some of his offenses. I guess he had just about enough country music as he could take and he was not about to take anymore.

...Last week during the Orioles home opener one of their fans ran out on the field for about a minute dressed up as Batman. After he was finally caught by Baltimore's finest he spent thirteen hours in jail and when he was released he found out he was banned for life from Oriole Park at Camden Yards. With the way they have been playing in recent years maybe the Orioles did this guy a favor.

...I've always wondered, is there a difference between jam and jelly?

...When I was a kid I thought the only clothes Dean Martin owned was a tuxedo.

...Phil Hughes is just the latest in a long line of over rated Yankee prospects.

...The organizers of the 2012 London Olympic ceremonies recently contacted the manager of The Who, one of England's legendary rock bands to see if drummer Keith Moon would like to perform at the London Games. Great idea, but too late. Moon's been dead since 1978. Maybe they should check their invite list and be sure they didn't ask Michael Jackson to come and sing.

...Pamela Anderson owes over $500,000 in personal income taxes. I don't see this being a problem for her. All she's got to do is pose for Hugh Hefner again and just like that she'll be all square with Uncle Sam.

...Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are finally getting married after all these years. I suppose they just didn't have the time before because of all the kids they've been adopting.

...Today marks the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic. You don't think there are some nervous people on that Memorial Cruise that they are having right now?