Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

Updated to January 29th

...Got done watching the 2005 World Series video last night because I have been missing baseball a lot. They showed that inning that El Duque pitched against Boston with the bases loaded and none out and the way he got out of it was unbelievable. A.J. Pierzynski called it "the inning of the year." I'd have to agree. Man, I miss watching this game.

...I don't know why, but I think a big trade will be made before spring training. I don't know who, I'm just guessing here.

...I could be in the minority here, but I think that Mike Piazza could have been a better choice as DH for the Yankees than Bernie Williams.

...Starting in March, the Mets are going to have their own version of the YES Network. Who says there's nothing funny on TV anymore?

...And no, there is no truth to the rumor that on Theo Epstein's first day back as GM in Boston that he turned water into wine and parted the Charles River. Where does this stuff come from?

...I've purchased MVP 2006, the NCAA game. I've played it a few times and it seems pretty good. But after about five games into this I thought to myself that if this game was on PC, what would these guys in here do to this game to improve it? So far the best part of playing this game is that Mike Krukow isn't in it.

...As far as the Super Bowl goes, I got to go for Pittsburgh. I don't pull for any team that comes out of the great Northwest because I hate every one of them. (Sorry Olyrunner, but I still love you though.) Read this right here and you will see how over confident they are. After reading that, I hope Pittsburgh wins on a last second touchdown. That'll teach 'em up there.

...I'm still a Raider fan though, don't forget it. In fact, I was on their website earlier today and I watched a video of their highlights from this past season. It was a quick 34 seconds!!!! :lol:

...After I watch Smallville they have an ad for a show called "Beauty and the Geek". What's next with this reality TV crap?

...Got to get some work done on my computer this week. The power supply to the computer is in need of replacement. Sure wish I could have a new one, but not now.

Updated to January 29th

...Got done watching the 2005 World Series video last night because I have been missing baseball a lot. They showed that inning that El Duque pitched against Boston with the bases loaded and none out and the way he got out of it was unbelievable. A.J. Pierzynski called it "the inning of the year." I'd have to agree. Man, I miss watching this game.

...I don't know why, but I think a big trade will be made before spring training. I don't know who, I'm just guessing here.

...I could be in the minority here, but I think that Mike Piazza could have been a better choice as DH for the Yankees than Bernie Williams.

...Starting in March, the Mets are going to have their own version of the YES Network. Who says there's nothing funny on TV anymore?

...And no, there is no truth to the rumor that on Theo Epstein's first day back as GM in Boston that he turned water into wine and parted the Charles River. Where does this stuff come from?

...I've purchased MVP 2006, the NCAA game. I've played it a few times and it seems pretty good. But after about five games into this I thought to myself that if this game was on PC, what would these guys in here do to this game to improve it? So far the best part of playing this game is that Mike Krukow isn't in it.

...As far as the Super Bowl goes, I got to go for Pittsburgh. I don't pull for any team that comes out of the great Northwest because I hate every one of them. (Sorry Olyrunner, but I still love you though.) Read this right here and you will see how over confident they are. After reading that, I hope Pittsburgh wins on a last second touchdown. That'll teach 'em up there.

...I'm still a Raider fan though, don't forget it. In fact, I was on their website earlier today and I watched a video of their highlights from this past season. It was a quick 34 seconds!!!! :lol:

...After I watch Smallville they have an ad for a show called "Beauty and the Geek". What's next with this reality TV crap?

...Got to get some work done on my computer this week. The power supply to the computer is in need of replacement. Sure wish I could have a new one, but not now.

I agree 100% about Piazza being a better choice. Bernie should have retired. As for the Mets network, I think they should call it the MES network.

-The Middle School Computer Fair is only about two weeks away now...I'm pretty much all set - www.jeffphilibin.com - boy am I nervous...I have no idea what I'm supposed to do once I get to Altoona

-I just designed another website - www.ferndalebaseball.com - it's for my little league. I had a dorky old version on there and just updated it, but it won't show up. Check back later.

-And I'll be taking over my church's website - www.stbenedictchurch.org - should be starting work by February the 10th...

-I can't seem to find a "winning formula" at nationalsigleague.com... I'll get a great sig then I can't get a win to save my life

-Pittsburgh is only two hours away...go seahawks! j/k, stupid seattle victory-celebration-cause-they-think-they'll-win planners...let's give them something to stick up their a**

-My neighbors are rich. They now have twice as much driveway, a state-of-the-art Wilson basketball hoop, their whole property landscaped, a five-room addition, a totally-remodeled basement complete with pool table, 65-inch TV, and a bar. Yes, a bar. Oh yes, and a remodeled kitchen. Too bad their dad stays with them and the only time his car isn't right under the rim of the hoop is 10am-12pm, while I'm in school. :sad:

-I'm fed up with the local newspaper - my dad's ad with the link to his new site was supposed to appear two weeks ago...we got our first visitor yesterday. Wonder why?

-I got my first pimple a week ago, and my voice is starting to get lower and raspy...I think I'll be going through puberty soon

-I go to a catholic school, and we had to write why catholic school is important to you. I said I didn't want to go to CCD. I've been getting nasty looks from my principal lately...

-BBHD

-I go to a catholic school, and we had to write why catholic school is important to you. I said I didn't want to go to CCD. I've been getting nasty looks from my principal lately...

-BBHD

Nice posts BBHDan. I can relate to this one because I went to Catholic Schools for twelve years. I have no idea how they are today, but when I was there it was ok. And if your principal doesn't like what you wrote, too bad.

Sunday Again! O crap school tommorow.

Anyway:

- The Mets new netowkr will be called Sports Net New York (SNY)

- I hate celebrities. Is it me or isn't it strange that everyone breaks up at the same time, and they all have babies at the same time. I eally hate them. The news is bad enough why do you have to put celebrities on it.

- I think this is the year for the Mets.

- DVR rocks.

- GO Steelers. Long time fan since last week! :-)

- I think the Jets should get Lendel WHite if no one else is available early.

- Go Jets!

...Away we go...

...Smallville was amazing. I am a 30 year old man, and I choked up during both death scenes. Tom Welling showed in this episode, that he IS Superman...

...Spring Training begins in a few weeks. I can't wait. I am hoping for a much improved Jays team this season...

...Played Texas Hold'Em last night, one $50.00...wish the tournament was still going on here, it was a pretty good time...

...My wife and son are heading to Calgary, Alberta in July. Two weeks alone in my home, in the middle of summer. I can't wait...

...How about them New York Rangers, and better yet, Jaromir Jagr...WOW!

...Good Bye Mario Lemieux, always a class act...an NHL Legend...his body betrayed him, but his spirit never seemed to be broken...open the Hall to him now...

...PLEASE, PLEASE, Favre just retire before you tarnish your legacy...

...Let's go COLTS, the future 2006 NFL Super Bowl Champions...errrr....my bad....Let's Go Steelers, the 2006 Super Bowl Champions....

...The Shield was again excellent this week...Vic Mackey is the single greatest character on television right now...atleast until march, when Tony Soprano returns...

...better go cook some dinner, the WWE Royal Rumble is on tonight, and I may order it for something to do...

super bowl hype is too much, six hours of countdown...how annoying. after the first 3 hours, i want to watch the game.

spring training is not that far away now...i can just see the baseball, and i'll see an old friend of mine.

from what i hear, ea didn't do too good of a job of ncaa baseball...what a shame too.

i thought ipods were stupid, but i can see, they are very handy, especally if your gym plays the lamest music.

that's all for this week, i think.

- How about them Rangers. All those years of waiting. Been a fan since 91. I can remember 94 like yesterday, but was a long time ago. I cant wait until Jagr and Prucha and Lundquist lead this team to the Stanley Cup finals. All these years of frustration is finally paying off!

- How about them Rangers. All those years of waiting. Been a fan since 91. I can remember 94 like yesterday, but was a long time ago. I cant wait until Jagr and Prucha and Lundquist lead this team to the Stanley Cup finals. All these years of frustration is finally paying off!

Didn't you tell us once you were born in 1991? How can you be a fan since 1991? And how could you remember 1994 if you were only three years old?

Well I was born in 91. That when I became a fan. Maybe not the one that went to games but I have pics of me when I was one wearing rangers stuff. I even have an old jersey from when I was one. And remebering 1994, don't ask. I can just remember stuff like that.

I gradually leanred more about it when I grew up like when they went on to beat the Devils and the goals by Mato(dont no how to spell his name) when Messier gave us his gurantee "We Will Win" Then scored a hatrick, and they won.

I do remember when they won the stanley cup. Did I understand it, no. But I remember people cheering and people jumping up and down on the ice and it was really noisy.

Updated to 2-5

...It's February and I love it. Pitchers and catchers report this month and next month we can see exhibition games on TV. :party1:

...I'll be pulling for Pittsburgh in today's Super Bowl. But if they don't win I won't lose sleep over it. I just wish the game would start earlier than 6 pm east coast time because it always ends late. Oh, who am I kidding? I won't watch it until the end anyway.

...Here's another good reason why baseball is so much better than football: a lot of people watch the Super Bowl just to see the new commercials. I have never heard that said about the World Series. People tune in for that (despite it being on FOX) for the game and not the ads.

...My wife is going to Texas this year with her family to see her sister that lives in Plano. She likes it there and I like the fact that I'm not going. I went last year and it sucked. Not Texas, but what I did when I was there (shopping) and I don't care to travel 1,500 miles again to see Dallas' finest stores.

...I'm having my taxes done on Tuesday. I like to get them over with early. If all goes like it has been, I'll get a federal return and owe a little to the State of New York. I've never understood why I owe NY State. I mean, they get enough out of me.

...I don't know about anyone else, but I am a fanatic about keeping my keyboard clean. Maybe because it was a special order one, but I clean it a lot.

...Does anyone notice that the White Sox fans have not been annoying this winter after they won the championship as compared to you-know-who?

...When Nomar dropped out of the World Baseball classic you didn't hear anyone complain. But when A-Rod was unsure of what to do that's all you heard about. One set of rules for one.....

...Come on Texas Rangers and sign Roger Clemens. Just so he doesn't make a return to the Yankees.

-Our last school dance was in September. Last Friday night we had our second of the school year...and one there again this week. Funny how our school can't have two dances in four months but can have two in eight days...

-I like this thread.

-My girlfriend had no idea the superbowl was today. I wonder why we had a big "pep rally" in central park on friday?

-I hate Microsoft frontpage. If you go to www.ferndalebaseball.com you'll see what I mean.

-I'm going to downgrade my copy of Flash 8 to mx 2004 so mr full frontal fuzzy's html text tut will work for me.

-Pitchers report this month?

-Computer fair is a week away. I'm nervous

-I tripped while slowdancing on friday. then i fell over laughing.

-There's something about ABC's football broadcasts that I don't like. I wish FOX had the superbowl. Their presentation/graphics are sweet. BTW, who is the halftime entertainment? Barney & Friends?

-BBHD

...Here's another good reason why baseball is so much better than football: a lot of people watch the Super Bowl just to see the new commercials.

:wtg: Just one of 1000s of reasons. I also hate it when people say, "Oh, I watch the Superbowl for the commericals."

...I don't know about anyone else, but I am a fanatic about keeping my keyboard clean. Maybe because it was a special order one, but I clean it a lot.

My keyboard isn't filthy, but I never clean it. What sucks are the keyboards in my dad's shop, (specifically, automotive garage), all the keys have been darkened by grease. Luckily some keyboards have a rubber covering, that and there are some clean computers up in the office.

...Does anyone notice that the White Sox fans have not been annoying this winter after they won the championship as compared to you-know-who?

I don't like saying that so-so team deserved it, but White Sox fans (other than the trashy ones who attacked a Royals 1B coach) have been very humble and never blamed a curse for a history of mediocre teams. Good for Chicago, though of course I would have prefered for the Yankees to have won instead. :D

...When Nomar dropped out of the World Baseball classic you didn't hear anyone complain. But when A-Rod was unsure of what to do that's all you heard about. One set of rules for one.....

Yep. At least Nomar dropped out of it for MEXICO, now just waiting for Piazza and friends to not play for Italy. That, and Mark Mulder not to pitcher for the Dutch.

...Come on Texas Rangers and sign Roger Clemens. Just so he doesn't make a return to the Yankees.

I'd like that as well. Clemens gets to pad his stats without getting another 15 million from the Yanks.

More random thoughts:

- Alice In Chains' final album (which was just called "Alice In Chains"/unnamed) is by far the best singular album ever. Every song on it kicks *** and at least 5 minutes. Paranoid by Black Sabbath is also a great as album, especially when you get to listen to it the way it was meant to be listened to, on vinyl.

- I wonder if Jeff Weaver and Bengie Molina are going to fire their agents.

- How many games will Piazza lose for the Padres with his pathetic throwing arm alone.

- I watched the "Warrior of the Lost World" last night on an old MST3K episode. I love B movie ripoffs (this one ripped off Mad Max), especially when Joel/Mike and the Bots heckle the thing to death.

- I hope the Seahawks win this thing. It's as if the odds makers doomed the NFC from the beginning.

- I gotta stir my gravy... right now.

febuary means that it's almost time for spring training, and me to have some spring training fun.

chipper's probaly gearing up for the big game now...with his terrible towel and everything...

roger better go to texas...it would be a disservice if he went to the yankees after he 'retired'.

...Smallville was excellent this past week, I actually felt for Clark at the end of the episode. Great acting!

...The Jays return to the playoffs this year, begins with pitchers and catchers reprting later this month...

...Watched Munich this weekend, an amazing movie. Spielberg is a genius.

...My dog is in heat...'nuff said...

...I won $65.00 play Texas Hold'Em this past weekend, don't feel bad taking money from my friends...

...Just saw Faith Hill on television...gorgeous...

...What a nice mild winter we have had here in New Brunswick, Canada, been like one long spring...

The Rolling Stones. I'm really looking forward to this one. I loved the Paul McCartney halftime show last year. I'm hoping this one will be just as good.

Yes , last year's Paul McCartney halftime show was very good. One can only hope the Stones will play the classic hits today like "Satisfaction" and "Start Me Up" instead of new material.

On the same topic Jesse Jackson and friends were upset about the Super Bowl not having a Motown-themed halftime show. I for one would have liked to seen The Temptations , Smokey Robinson , and Aretha Franklin all singing their respective hits from the 60's and 70's , it would be better than the Stones for sure.

Final Super bowl Prediction : Steelers 24 - Seahawks 20

Yes , last year's Paul McCartney halftime show was very good. One can only hope the Stones will play the classic hits today like "Satisfaction" and "Start Me Up" instead of new material.

On the same topic Jesse Jackson and friends were upset about the Super Bowl not having a Motown-themed halftime show. I for one would have liked to seen The Temptations , Smokey Robinson , and Aretha Franklin all singing their respective hits from the 60's and 70's , it would be better than the Stones for sure.

Final Super bowl Prediction : Steelers 24 - Seahawks 20

Oh yeah, Paul McCartney was great. I'm really glad that they stopped with the new crap music halftime stuff.

But yes, I do hope the Stones play some of their classic hits. I love their stuff from the albums Aftermath, and Let It Bleed. If somehow, their song lineup went like this, I'd be very, very happy:

-Paint It Black

-Satisfaction

-Mother's Little Helper

-Gimme Shelter

I am hoping that they will do Gimme Shelter. I love that song.

Oh yeah, Paul McCartney was great. I'm really glad that they stopped with the new crap music halftime stuff.

But yes, I do hope the Stones play some of their classic hits. I love their stuff from the albums Aftermath, and Let It Bleed. If somehow, their song lineup went like this, I'd be very, very happy:

-Paint It Black

-Satisfaction

-Mother's Little Helper

-Gimme Shelter

I am hoping that they will do Gimme Shelter. I love that song.

They did play Satisfaction although Mick Jagger slurred some of the words in the song. It was ok , and I never even heard of the song between "Start me Up" and "Satisfaction". It still was nothing compared to what was probably the best halftime show I've ever seen with Paul McCartney last year (keep in mind I have only followed the super bowl since 2000).

Updated to 2-12

...This is the week everyone!! This week pitchers and catchers report to their respective clubs. :p

...No matter what the umpires do this year they can never be as bad as the NFL referees. In fact, no one is as bad as the NFL referees.

...Back to the opening of spring training for pitchers and catchers for a second... it just warms my heart to know that Kevin Brown will not be Florida with the Yankees. We've improved ourselves already.

...Misleading news header of the week, and I read it right here on our front page: "Soriano loses arbitration case" Well, I read those four words and I cheered. It's no secret that I hate that guy. But then I read the article and I see that he is only getting 10 million this year instead of 12 million. Please, let me lose like this, just once. Go buy a pair of scissors Alfonso and start cutting coupons from the paper.

...You know, one movie that I hope goes to the IMAX is King Kong. I'd love to see that in 3D.

...Valentine's Day sucks.

...For those of you that remember the old 2400 baud modem days, has the last few nights navigating on this site brought back memories?

...That "Firewall" movie with Harrison Ford in it looks good.

...Who watches the Pro Bowl? Come on, admit it. Hardly anyone. I tune in at the very beginning when the stadium is shown. I used to live about 3 or 4 miles away from that place.

...Before I forget, a big thank you to our modders once again. For Mvp 06, Total Classics, the uniforms, portraits, heck, you name it, you guys do it and make it great.

...One final thing. Has anyone ever thought of what EA must think of the work being done on MVP 2006 by these guys in here? What I mean is, that EA has to know about this site, right?? Don't you think it has to be killing them that they can't release MVP 06 and to see how good this is being done in here? Thanks for nothing 2K sports.

...Misleading news header of the week, and I read it right here on our front page: "Soriano loses arbitration case" Well, I read those four words and I cheered. It's no secret that I hate that guy. But then I read the article and I see that he is only getting 10 million this year instead of 12 million. Please, let me lose like this, just once. Go buy a pair of scissors Alfonso and start cutting coupons from the paper.

It's even better when you are named Greg Maddux or Roger Clemens.