Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

Good morning everyone...

...The baseball in Puerto Rico is dead, the winter league was canceled due to economic problems :( , lots of good puertorican players wont be playing in their country on this season, I hope the Yaquis can pick someone like Julio Lugo :lol:

...I got great seats for the opening night of the Mexican Pacific League at the stadium, just behind home plate, the season starts in october :)

...Great DP by the rocket last night...

...I have an english test tomorrow, I hope I can get a good grade :)

...293.gif

Have a great week guys :) ...

...I start college Monday, August 27th.
What college?

...Why can't people spell simple past tense verbs correctly?!?! I mean, "mest up"? GET AN EDUCATION, PEOPLE! It makes life a whole lot easier.

...Ginger ale is good, but I like root beer better. Better yet, ginger beer - it's not alcoholic (if it was I wouldn't be talking about it), but it's like ginger ale only ten times more strong. My grandfather used to drink it all the time, really strong stuff.

...I wonder what happened to Comp-USA myself, I remember it a bit when I was little, haven't seen a single branch for like four years though... that and circuit city. Nowadays, it's just best buy or a little one-room radio shack with nothing but watch batteries. I'm also sure that the internet has something to do with it, it's a whole lot easier on the internet, especially with something so specific and something with so many varieties and variables like electronics.

...Starting high school in about ten days. And I'm only halfway through my summer assignments.

...I'm getting a laptop, I've been using an old desktop for a decent time now. I'm excited, but there's of course been a two week delivery delay after they said that they were going to ship it off right away, so I've been getting kind of irritated by now, but still, it'll be worth it. I'm getting an Inspiron 1501 with Vista, all basic stuff, but more than enough for me. And compared with my old computer... it will be amazingly fast.

...HFLR, that animation is 100% correct. Do I sense you becoming a yankee fan? Join the evil empire! :twisted:

...I hate it when people mix up the Yankee front office and the yankee fan base. George Steinbrenner, is, yeah, an idiot. But you can't mix that up with the Yankee fan base and the players and managers and coaches, who are great people, just like any others on any other team, whether it has a 40 or 200 million dollar payroll. More to the point, yes, you've got your share of band wagoners, that comes with winning almost a quarter of the world series. But most Yankee fans are incredibly passionate about their team and incredibly nice people. So I just hate it when somebody remarks, "when I was a kid, I hated the Yankees, I would never root for them, that was like voting republican." Excuse me, have you seen the way new york's voted in the last few elections? Take out George Steinbrenner, his money, and his posse, and you've got a great fan base with a bunch of great people.

Good morning everyone...

...The baseball in Puerto Rico is dead, the winter league was canceled due to economic problems :( , lots of good puertorican players wont be playing in their country on this season, I hope the Yaquis can pick someone like Julio Lugo :lol:

...I got great seats for the opening night of the Mexican Pacific League at the stadium, just behind home plate, the season starts in october :)

...Great DP by the rocket last night...

...I have an english test tomorrow, I hope I can get a good grade :)

...293.gif

Have a great week guys :) ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...I'm getting a laptop, I've been using an old desktop for a decent time now. I'm excited, but there's of course been a two week delivery delay after they said that they were going to ship it off right away, so I've been getting kind of irritated by now, but still, it'll be worth it. I'm getting an Inspiron 1501 with Vista, all basic stuff, but more than enough for me. And compared with my old computer... it will be amazingly fast.

abc, and anyone else that's ordering/has ordered a notebook recently, just a heads-up on why you might be waiting longer than normal for it to be shipped to you - there is a worldwide shortage of LCD screens right now. There are only a few companies in the world (4, IIRC) that manufacture LCD screens, and they simply can't produce enough right now to cope with the demands they are getting, so orders are taking longer than usual to fulfill. I ordered a notebook on the 18th of July and was given an estimated delivery date of August 18th, which I fully expected to be pushed back, as we (Dell employees, or the ones in my team, at least) received a notification of this for customer queries back at the start of July. It was pushed back to the 5th of September on August 10th, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it delayed again.

In short, if you're looking for a notebook really quick, consider one that you can actually see and touch, as there is quite a delay on them right now.

I saw superbad last night.

It was the funniest movie I have ever seen.

I had this problem when I was in the 3rd grade that only 8% of people have.

If you've seen the movie you should just laugh because of that line knowing what follows.

This movie was funny from start to beginning. It is worth every penny.

GO SEE IT!!!!!!!

RUN ITS THE COPS!!!!!

It was the funniest movie I have ever seen.
Funniest movie of all time: Some like it hot. Hands down. No contest. I mean: "That's a herring." "How do they got those big fish into those little glass jars?" "They shrink when they're marinated." There have been tons of great and funny movies since then (it was made in the 60s), but none compare. It's the kind of movie you can watch ten times (or fifty, like I probably have) and still crack up every time.

abc, and anyone else that's ordering/has ordered a notebook recently, just a heads-up on why you might be waiting longer than normal for it to be shipped to you - there is a worldwide shortage of LCD screens right now. There are only a few companies in the world (4, IIRC) that manufacture LCD screens, and they simply can't produce enough right now to cope with the demands they are getting, so orders are taking longer than usual to fulfill. I ordered a notebook on the 18th of July and was given an estimated delivery date of August 18th, which I fully expected to be pushed back, as we (Dell employees, or the ones in my team, at least) received a notification of this for customer queries back at the start of July. It was pushed back to the 5th of September on August 10th, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it delayed again.

In short, if you're looking for a notebook really quick, consider one that you can actually see and touch, as there is quite a delay on them right now.

Yeah, I just bought my notebook from the store because I picked out the one I liked online and they had it in the store.

Well, I got the latop this morning, runs bee-utifely. The LCD screen is nice and glossy and fresh off the presses of malaysia. Vista isn't too bad, I like it overall better than xp, though it has its annoying little bits. Overall though, I love it.

Can you point out one thing besides aero that is definitevly better? There was just an article about how its not. I honestly used it for a month and switched back to XP, mostly because it caused tons of problems, like when I couldn't uninstall something, because I installed it in XP and its XP uninstaller was incompatible, and it was the most up to date version, so I couldn't install this one over it.

Out of curiousity? What laptop did you get?

I got an Inspiron 1501, pretty much the most basic you can get. So far I haven't been getting any of those problems yet, but I haven't been doing much technical stuff yet. Some things are defenitely annoying, like asking you EVERY TIME if it can allow access to such and such a program, or that it needs your permission to copy files to a location you just told it to copy to. Or even something like a google search, something just has to come up and blabber about encrypted information... But otherwise, I'm fine with it. The design is nice, some things are easier to access, some little accessories are convenient. One thing that they did though was try to make it more user friendly; but by making it more user friendly, people who are used to the less user-friendly versions of windows can't find the stuff they put in another location to make easier to find. Know what I mean? Come to think of it, I guess it's really more the speed of the computer that I like more than vista itself, but so far I've no big complaints. I could think of ways to make it better, but there's nothing really wrong with it so far as I could tell.

Meanwhile, I tried MVP, and it looks great, like everybody else's games look like. :roll: No more see-through jerseys, the helmet reflections and dirt clouds work, works on a high res without it slowing down, and it even works on the widescreen - I thought I might have to adjust something but it works fine.

Updated to 8-26

...Tomorrow's the big day for Michael Vick. When this all first went down, I really expected him to get away with it because he's a rich athlete.

...Just watching the White Sox the last few days against Boston shows how much they've just gone through the motions this year. Sure, they got their World Championship in 2005, now they can go back to their losing ways for the next 90 years.

...One thing you can count on about the people who make the schedule for the American League is that they will make sure they screw the Yankees at the end of the season with the toughest schedule possible. And it wouldn't shock me at all that the people that do this are from New England.

...It's nice to see Johnny Damon playing like Johnny Damon again.

...I've been playing this game called Rocketbowl and no matter how hard I try, I can't get past the fourth course. Rocketbowl is a bowling game and the bowling balls have jet powered rockets on them. Not a bad game.

...So's this one. It's called Virtua Tennis 3. I play this every once in awhile when I am not playing Total Classics or Mvp 2007. It's a tennis game made by Sega. Here's two screenshots, a in-game shot of Maria Sharpova and a shot of her after she won her match. This is one hell of a game, and I'm not a huge tennis fan.

...Next week it is going to be crazy on this site when Boston visits the Yankees in New York. You all know how the Red Sox fans in here are. They just can't resist starting something. Oh well, keep it in your own thread and there won't be anything to say about it.

...It's your fault Jamarcus Russell. You haven't done squat in the NFL yet and you still want to be paid like a superstar. Screw you.

...I have a printer that I have not even hooked up yet. I was going to make room for it and install it over my vacation, but I was too sick to do it. Now I bet I won't do it until my next vacation. :lol:

...Last week I wrote in here about going to a wedding on a Sunday afternoon. A little update on that for you, if you don't mind. It sucked! I think that summed it up very well. When you got to wait two hours for the wedding photos to be taken, when dinner doesn't get there until 7:30, and when people are starting to file out the door ninety minutes after that, that's the entire story of the wedding I was at. When I was a kid, I wanted to be invited to weddings. Now, I am happy when I am not invited.

Updated to 8-26

...Tomorrow's the big day for Michael Vick. When this all first went down, I really expected him to get away with it because he's a rich athlete.

...Just watching the White Sox the last few days against Boston shows how much they've just gone through the motions this year. Sure, they got their World Championship in 2005, now they can go back to their losing ways for the next 90 years.

...One thing you can count on about the people who make the schedule for the American League is that they will make sure they screw the Yankees at the end of the season with the toughest schedule possible. And it wouldn't shock me at all that the people that do this are from New England.

...It's nice to see Johnny Damon playing like Johnny Damon again.

...I've been playing this game called Rocketbowl and no matter how hard I try, I can't get past the fourth course. Rocketbowl is a bowling game and the bowling balls have jet powered rockets on them. Not a bad game.

...So's this one. It's called Virtua Tennis 3. I play this every once in awhile when I am not playing Total Classics or Mvp 2007. It's a tennis game made by Sega. Here's two screenshots, a in-game shot of Maria Sharpova and a shot of her after she won her match. This is one hell of a game, and I'm not a huge tennis fan.

...Next week it is going to be crazy on this site when Boston visits the Yankees in New York. You all know how the Red Sox fans in here are. They just can't resist starting something. Oh well, keep it in your own thread and there won't be anything to say about it.

...It's your fault Jamarcus Russell. You haven't done squat in the NFL yet and you still want to be paid like a superstar. Screw you.

...I have a printer that I have not even hooked up yet. I was going to make room for it and install it over my vacation, but I was too sick to do it. Now I bet I won't do it until my next vacation. :lol:

...Last week I wrote in here about going to a wedding on a Sunday afternoon. A little update on that for you, if you don't mind. It sucked! I think that summed it up very well. When you got to wait two hours for the wedding photos to be taken, when dinner doesn't get there until 7:30, and when people are starting to file out the door ninety minutes after that, that's the entire story of the wedding I was at. When I was a kid, I wanted to be invited to weddings. Now, I am happy when I am not invited.

I agree with you on Virtua tennis and Rocketbowl. I have played both, what system do you play Virtua on?

On to my random thought....

Today we show the Yankees we have a terrific young starter, and he is statistically better then theirs.