Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

...Hope you had a good time in Israel, ron. Hopefully I'm going this next summer or the summer after that. I haven't been there since I was 7. Back then I was near-fluent in Hebrew, now I know about 20 words. :?

...I want to see just one PC non-sim baseball game in my lifetime. Just one, that's all I'm asking. I still don't understand why 2k refuses to make any PC games. I kind of hope EA buys take two only so that they can come out with a PC baseball game.

...Meanwhile, NBA Live has been under par since 2005, and despite the constant complaining for the last three years, so far they haven't done anything about it. We'll have to see what 09 looks like. And, of course, the game that's actually quite good doesn't come out on PC.

...Before you say anything, no, I'm not going to get a console. I'm boycotting them.

...Think back to the last thing you bought that was over 100 dollars. Now realize that the average yearly income per capita of a Kenyan is around that much. Makes 'ya think.

...I am sick of people trying to come up with their stupid reasons as to why health care shouldn't be universal. Would you want the police or fire stations or other government sponsored institutions to be private?

...India is developing a space program. India, a third world country full of poverty. Don't you think that you could use that few billion you're using on the space program for better purposes, like solving your own country's problems first?

...On one hand I do want the Knicks to get a good draft pick, so if this winning had started later in the season, I'd be annoyed. But the season's only about 3/8 done, so there's some hope of contention. I guess. Ron's right though, we are pretty much in the worse position possible. Still, we have been, strangely enough, winning, and I can't for the life of me explain how. Actually, it's probably the fact that Randolph and Curry have started learning how to both have good games in the same game. Really we just need to get rid of Stephon Marbury.

...When you think about it, Marbury and Crawford are the only Knicks, period, who have been in New York for longer than, like, 3 years. If you take a look at a 2003-4 or 2004-5, there's hardly anybody still on the team.

Don't you think that you could use that few billion you're using on the space program for better purposes, like solving your own country's problems first?

Well isn't that a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Change "space program" to a small three letter word beginning with the letter 'w' and you have a certain other country's problem.

First: A certain country? More like half of them. Second: Uuuh, yeah, I know my country's at war and that it's sucking trillions out of the national budget. Did I ever say anything supporting that? No. You worded it like I was purposely ignoring the fact that the US is wasting money on the war in Iraq.

Updated to 1-27

...Well, my knee surgery went fine. Now I just have to let it heal. I can't be on for a long period of time because I have to have the leg extended, but that's ok. I'm just happy this is over.

...Operating rooms are intimidating and those health care people are way underpaid. Those people do a great job.

...I don't even want to bother counting how many surgeries I've had because I know it will be over ten.

...Why are the feds going after a retired player (Chuck Knoblauch) with this steroid investigation? That's one thing I don't get.

...R.I.P. Heath Ledger, you were a good actor and you were way too young. :(

...I like that Brian Cashman. He's not willing to give the Twins the key to farm system for Santana and he is sticking to his beliefs. It's my hope that he is listened to concerning this because every time I read about more Santana trade news I get worried.

...You know, just like a few years ago when we got rid of some good young players for the immortal Randy Johnson, who did nothing.

...I really think the Giants have the momentum and confidence to win next week.

...Because if they don't, those entitled horses*** Boston fans will be bragging around here yet again.

...Thank God for Directv. The President is giving a speech tomorrow night and I have no plans to watch it.

...Each week Psych gets better and better. It's one of the funniest shows on TV.

.....one thing on my mind is that I just got home from the grocery. I went for two things mainly, light bulbs and AA batteries. Get home and one light bulb broke in the trunk (my own fault) and the AA batteries are gone. There just gone. Vanished. I could go back and see if the checkout clerk threw up an air-ball, but whatever.

.....I'll probably watch movies most of the day today. Hate this time of the year.

.....I've lost 10 lbs. in a week and 2 days. Simply by cutting out fast food and soda. Went from 231 to 221. I've gone this whole month w/o eating fast food. 11 more months to go.

.....LOST is coming back on, but it really was losing my interest towards the end of last season. But, I'll watch.

.....Will Infinity Ward ever release the patch to COD4? Good lord.

.....I'm debating on what my next tech. purchase will be. A CD player for my car (still have factory crap radio) or Logitech z-5500's. Hmmmmmm

-MLB Power Pros (ps2) is fantastic, and keeps getting better as I progress through the season. If only I could get the "arrange team mode" in season unlocked. Then I could make some classic type rosters.

-Royals will finish around .500 in '08, even in that ***** of a division.

-This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb is my current favorite band. Do your self a favor and check them out.

http://www.noidearecords.com/mp3s/TBIAPB-JackJohnson.mp3

"Protest beyond the law is not a departure from democracy; it is absolutely essential to it." -Howard Zinn

"I want to thank all the pitchers who couldn't go nine innings, and manager D1ck Howser who wouldn't let them go."

-Dan Quisenberry after winning the 1982 Fireman Award

...You know, just like a few years ago when we got rid of some good young players for the immortal Randy Johnson, who did nothing.

34 wins in 2 seasons

and you gave up 3 players

Brad Halsey 13-16 since trade (no longer a starter)

Dioner Navarro .245 since trade, .227 last season (horrible backup catcher)

Javier Vazquez is was not all that young (28) and you had only had him for one season. But he is 37-35 in the 3 seasons since the trade

Don't for get you got 4 players in return for Randy when you traded him away. 3 of which are still in the minors and Luis Vizcaino who did good enough to be a Type B Free Agent that Cashman let walk. now you will get a 2nd round pick and a sandwich pick because Vizcaino walked

-My team, Yaquis, is 3-1 in the final series against the Mazatlan Venados and today we could win the championship, we have been waiting for 27 years for a championship Im very excited because my team could be in the caribbean world series :D

34 wins in 2 seasons

and you gave up 3 players

Brad Halsey 13-16 since trade (no longer a starter)

Dioner Navarro .245 since trade, .227 last season (horrible backup catcher)

Javier Vazquez is was not all that young (28) and you had only had him for one season. But he is 37-35 in the 3 seasons since the trade

Don't for get you got 4 players in return for Randy when you traded him away. 3 of which are still in the minors and Luis Vizcaino who did good enough to be a Type B Free Agent that Cashman let walk. now you will get a 2nd round pick and a sandwich pick because Vizcaino walked

Those are all good points but their careers could have all gone differently in NY, and as for Vizcaino he was the one who walked out, the Yankees tried to get to him plenty of times before he signed with Colorado.

No, I'm pretty sure Cashman made a offer, thinking that either he would accept it and that would be fine, but if he demanded a higher one or became interested in another team, he wouldn't raise the offer and would just let him go so he could get his draft pick.

Do the yankees magically make sub average players good?

No.

The statement about giving up good young players for Randy was wrong, and randy did produce in NY.

However giving up 4 of your systems top 10 prospects for any on player no matter how good and then having to throw 150 million dollars at him to keep him is ridiculous.

Updated to 1-27

...Well, my knee surgery went fine. Now I just have to let it heal. I can't be on for a long period of time because I have to have the leg extended, but that's ok. I'm just happy this is over.

...Operating rooms are intimidating and those health care people are way underpaid. Those people do a great job.

...I don't even want to bother counting how many surgeries I've had because I know it will be over ten.

...Why are the feds going after a retired player (Chuck Knoblauch) with this steroid investigation? That's one thing I don't get.

...R.I.P. Heath Ledger, you were a good actor and you were way too young. :(

...I like that Brian Cashman. He's not willing to give the Twins the key to farm system for Santana and he is sticking to his beliefs. It's my hope that he is listened to concerning this because every time I read about more Santana trade news I get worried.

...I really think the Giants have the momentum and confidence to win next week.

...Because if they don't, those entitled horses*** Boston fans will be bragging around here yet again.

...Thank God for Directv. The President is giving a speech tomorrow night and I have no plans to watch it.

...Each week Psych gets better and better. It's one of the funniest shows on TV.

This coming from a Yankees fan. Can anyone spell I-R-O-N-I-C?

Glad your surgery went well though.

Got a new phone today - not new as such, just a hand-me-down from a friend. Motorola KRZR. I had originally given it to my mother last week, but it's too complicated for her to use (how did I guess that? ;) ), so I'm on it. Decent little phone, looks good too.

Anyone else still waiting for Immortal Technique's new album, "The Middle Passage"? It was originally scheduled for 2005, but has been pushed back repeatedly, and even the 2007 release, which wasa supposed to be pretty certain, has now gone by the water. Apparently, he's working on new tracks to maybe make it into a double-CD pack, but it would be very nice to see it this year. 3 years is long enough.

I've finally managed to copy files from my DVR and get them playable on my PC. Just working on the subtitle conversion now and I'll be set.

God, winter without baseball is boring. Bring on Spring Training.

Looking forward to the Amir Khan fight next weekend. The original opponent pulled out due to injury, so now Khan will be fighting someone from England and defending his new title rather than possibly gaining another one and going global for the world title shot. Also, Joe Calzaghe vs. Bernard Hopkins in April. I love Joe, but I think his unbeaten record might be at serious risk against B-Hop. That was said about Jeff Lacy as well, and Joe destroyed him, but Hopkins is a whole different class of fighter. Joe will need to be on top of his game for that one.

Back to work after a week's holiday. Not looking forward to it, especially after a recent desk move left me sitting next to the boss and in front of the guy I speak least to in the whole team of 20 guys. My desk, and monitor, have some serious tilt to them now - instead of sitting beside the boss, my angle makes it look like I'm facing him instead. :lol:

Finally backed up and reinstalled the OS on the desktop PC, so that's back up and running again now. The new PSU helped as well, as the old one was on its last legs - a 250W PSU running a 2GHz CPU, 512MB of RAM, around 700GB of total HDD space, an all-format optical drive and a 128MB graphics card, as well as multiple other external USB devices and 3 case fans will start to struggle quite quickly. :lol:

Hope everyone has a good week. :)

Well, it's sad, but he needs all the help he can get, and I think he would make a much better president than Hillary Clinton or Ron Paul, to name 2. :) His foreign policy is more open as well, and I think he might actually look to the problems the nation has right now, specifically, the urban community, rather than lining his own pockets or making himself look good.

Here's hoping. I'm somewhat pessimistic, but I would be thrilled if he won the election.

So Would I. Hes so much more down to earth than anyone ive ever seen before. If he survives the primaries, which is now looking somewhat likely, he should be in.

I do think he is a bit of an idealist, but hes down to earth, he knows what real people need, and hes smart.

After a guy like bush hes just what the doctor ordered, hes Black, hes likable, and hes not afraid to let people know what he really thinks.

Updated to 2-3

...Early update this week and it's all because I am awake now due to being stuffed up with a cold an sore throat. That and along with not being able to sleep that good with my knee after surgery does not allow me to sleep well these days. :shrug:

...If anyone gets a chance to watch it, that Caribbean series is something to see.

...Since there's no better way to spend the summer anyhow, what do you say we play the games first before we hand the New York Mets the World Series title for 2008?

...It was nice to see former Syracuse star Art Monk be elected to Football's Hall of Fame. That guy was one of the best receivers in the NFL in the 80's. Now, when will it be time for Cliff Branch?

...The New York Knicks are the Oakland Raiders of the NBA in that every time you think they can't get any worse they end up proving you wrong.

...Hey NYM buddy! They're selling Santana jerseys on the Mets website! Time to break open the piggy bank and get one, but it's going to cost you. The cheapest is $90. 8O

...The NHL Network really isn't that bad to watch.

...We had high winds around here the other day. You know, the kind that shake your house? Well, I was home and I was looking out the window watching stuff fly around and the next thing I see is some kid's summer plastic pool flung down the street by the wind. It must of had a successful escape since I did not see anyone come and chase it down. :)

...It seems that sometime this week I will be watching a movie called "Wargames" for the very first time. :D

...We all know what next week brings, right? Spring training starts!

...Go Giants.

-Y4L I'm way ahead of you. I'm paying for the full authentic jersey. Washing cars in the summer finally pays off! I'm going with the classic pinstripe.

-I'm a Jets fan but I'm going for the Giants in this one. I really cannot stand the Patriots.

- Hockey team had a bad season. We're 1-11-2. It was all fun for the seniors last year. They won a championship, got us moved up a division and then left us for dead by graduating. O well, we'll get moved down next year and compete again.

- HS baseball starts officially in less than a month!!! I'm looking for a city championship and it is very possible with the squad we have this year. If we're going to do anything, this is the year.

- I did it. I finally reached my goal. I ran a mile under 7 minutes. 6:58 seconds! Just think, a year ago, or if you want to be extreme, six months ago I was running a 12 minute mile.

- I hope the new feature in MLB 2k8 is either create-a-stadium, create-a-team, or a "Road to the Show" type mode.

...I'm playing NBA Live 07, and it's not quite as bad as the critics made it out to be, in the sense that it's nothing special and not very original, but it's solid, like NBA 06, 07, and 08. It just annoys the hell out of me at how many stupid little bugs there are in there, from gameplay problems to the game simply having a history of crashing with no known reason. That game got released with a huge bug in it that was never fixed, not to mention numerous others. I hate the pure laziness of the games more than anything. The only reason I stick with it is because the 2k series doesn't run on PC.

...I am watching perhaps five minutes of the superbowl, if that much at all. As you probably know, I hate football. It stole baseball from America. Now it seems that more and more people dismiss baseball as "slow and boring" which really pisses me off.

...I am watching perhaps five minutes of the superbowl, if that much at all. As you probably know, I hate football. It stole baseball from America. Now it seems that more and more people dismiss baseball as "slow and boring" which really **** me off.

You make sense in what you are saying and believe me, I'm not arguing with you on this. I'm a baseball person first and always will be. But baseball is not blameless in having football overtake them. Football's never had their Super Bowl championship game canceled due to a strike and baseball has back in 1994. Plus with the black eye that is steroids, it turns off the casual fan.

...I really really hope the Giants pull off the upset tonight and beat New England.

...I'm so glad it's almost Spring Training..I miss baseball.

...I was supposed to go and get my Drivers License Friday, but it had to snow 8 inches. Grr.

...I think something may be wrong with my MVP, no way Mark Mulder should be 4-0 with a 0.53 ERA after 4 starts.

It's Super Bowl Sunday and I'm wondering two .... make that three things

1. How much money can I make if I bet $1000 on the Giants?

2. Is it too late to bet on the Giants?

3. I forgot what the third thing was ... I guess looking at all those women at the Super Bowl Pre-game party in AZ destroyed my train of thought

I just got a 360 and there's already a problem with the graphics card - now there's only blues, greens, browns, blacks, whites, and grays. Like playing in a friggin sewer sometimes.

One of the games I got was NCAA March Madness 08. I hate it. Yeah, it's a huge upgrade from 06 on the PS2. The graphics are awesome and the presentation is great (love the menus). However, my biggest pet peeve about the game is how many times shots within about three feet are made. I can have an opponent jump up, get whacked, and do this weird flip thing with the ball and it goes in, without a foul. This must happen 15 times during online play. Defenders almost never block shots, even when all they have to do is stick a finger up.

Xbox Live is pretty cool, though I hate paying $8 a month to use it. I like on the box how it says "FREE SILVER MEMBERSHIP INCLUDED!" when silver memberships are already free.

Go Giants!!