Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

Updated to 4-13

...Jonathan Paplebon's walk from the bullpen in the eighth inning of yesterday's game took so long for him to do that I was able to order a pizza and have it delivered before he got to the mound.

...Some of these games between the Yankees and Red Sox are long enough anyways without a rain delay that you can fly cross country and the game won't be over.

...When Robinson Cano is not hitting well, he looks as lazy and uninterested as Alfonso Soriano.

...The April weather around here sucks. I got a cold that I can't shake. It doesn't help that one day it's 60 degrees and the next day it drops to 30.

...Red Sox fans are amazing. Just when I think they can not be any more disruptive, disorderly, rowdy, unruly, troublesome, barbaric, bellicose, combative, contentious, destructive, disturbing, quarrelsome, rapacious, threatening, boisterous, disobedient, drunk, fractious, undisciplined, intemperate, lawless, noisy, uncontrollable, abhorrent, appalling, hateful, hideous, horrendous, horrible, loathsome, monstrous, obnoxious, odious and offensive fans around, they prove me wrong and top themselves.

...Try saying that three times fast.

...I have to confess that I don't understand what some of these guys in here are talking about when they say Rick Roll. Someone once provided a youtube link and all I saw was a music video.

...I'm always reluctant to click on these links because I remember once a few years back I was asking MarkbtheYankee about some rap song that I knew nothing about and he gave me a link to see the music video of it. I clicked on it, but I forgot I had my speaker volume up kind of high and when that song started playing by Mr. HiphopJazzyJazz what's his name, I nearly fell out of my chair. I don't ask Mark about music anymore. :phone:

...You know you are married when you are forced to watch a movie on the Lifetime channel.

...I've been anxious to see a movie lately but I just don't see any good ones out.

Edit

...Correction: There's a new Al Pacino one coming out soon.

Updated to 4-13

...Jonathan Paplebon's walk from the bullpen in the eighth inning of yesterday's game took so long for him to do that I was able to order a pizza and have it delivered before he got to the mound.

BAHAHA :lmao:

...Some of these games between the Yankees and Red Sox are long enough anyways without a rain delay that you can fly cross country and the game won't be over.
I totally agree

...When Robinson Cano is not hitting well, he looks as lazy and uninterested as Alfonso Soriano.
Now that is a low blow

...The April weather around here sucks. I got a cold that I can't shake. It doesn't help that one day it's 60 degrees and the next day it drops to 30.
That stinks. Friday it as 70 and yesterday it was 75 here.

...Red Sox fans are amazing. Just when I think they can not be any more disruptive, disorderly, rowdy, unruly, troublesome, barbaric, bellicose, combative, contentious, destructive, disturbing, quarrelsome, rapacious, threatening, boisterous, disobedient, drunk, fractious, undisciplined, intemperate, lawless, noisy, uncontrollable, abhorrent, appalling, hateful, hideous, horrendous, horrible, loathsome, monstrous, obnoxious, odious and offensive fans around, they prove me wrong and top themselves.
I am hoping I am not included in that good buddy.

...I have to confess that I don't understand what some of these guys in here are talking about when they say Rick Roll. Someone once provided a youtube link and all I saw was a music video.
That is the point. You click the link looking for something else and then that video comes up instead.

...I'm always reluctant to click on these links because I remember once a few years back I was asking MarkbtheYankee about some rap song that I knew nothing about and he gave me a link to see the music video of it. I clicked on it, but I forgot I had my speaker volume up kind of high and when that song started playing by Mr. HiphopJazzyJazz what's his name, I nearly fell out of my chair. I don't ask Mark about music anymore. :phone:
Imagine if it used foul language and the wife got angry at you :lol:

...You know you are married when you are forced to watch a movie on the Lifetime channel.
My mom watches that channel, I hate it with a passion

As for my useless comment for this off topic thread, All I am thinking about is GTA IV. I preordered it in full on Tuesday so now I can go to the store and just pick it up. AS we speak there are 15 days 13 Hours 24 minutes till its release.

Present company excluded of course BigRog about the description of the Sox fans. Also I'd have to say Sean O and Borgi are excluded too. I don't want to give the wrong impression here.

You know what fans I'm talking about here BigRog? The ones who want to go to a game, and really it doesn't matter if it is in Fenway or New York or Anaheim. But the ones who go there just to drink and fight and ruin it for everyone else. I don't care who they root for, they aren't there to see the game. I'm sure you've been to Fenway Park many more times then I have, but the times I was there I always saw fights there for no reason. I'm saying to myself, damn I just want to watch this game and now everyone has to stand up just to watch two people fight each other.

Imagine if it used foul language and the wife got angry at you

She wasn't home and if there was swearing in that video I watched I had no clue because I couldn't understand a word except for that guy saying "YO" over and over.

I'll join you in that club my man - I've got one as well. :( Was scheduled to work until 6:30pm on Friday, left at 2:30pm after a 1 hour lunch. With the way I felt at lunchtime, thank God I worked that extra time at the end of my shift the last few months. Made up the 4 hours almost perfectly. Now, it goes down as time in lieu rather than sick time.

This cracked me up. :lmao: Someone's been studying their adjectives! :lmao:

That's probably a good thing. :lol:

Edit

...Correction: There's a new Al Pacino one coming out soon.

What's it called? I'll probably want to catch it, Pacino is a legend.

My thoughts;

Another win for Amir Khan last weekend. Campbell and Casamayor for the undisputed lightweight title, then Khan vs. winner. Downloading last night's Clinton Woods vs. Antonio Tarver fight now, looking forward to watching that tonight, then Calzaghe-Hopkins next Saturday. Some great fights happening these days.

God bless P2P.

Got my eyes on a new DVD player since my old one packed up - Sumvision Pheonix, HDMI output, upscales to 1080p, region free, plays DVDs, DivX and XviD AVIs, has USB and SD/MMC inputs and has subtitle support as well. Great little player, and cheap too. Only problem is, it's on promotion and hardly anywhere has it, went through a lot of hassle this week to get it reserved, but finally got it done. Picking it up on Wednesday...hopefully.

Got some new threads last week on a rare shopping trip, surprise pickup of the day being this;

dscf3233iw4.jpg

The amount of people who don't know how to use wireless internet correctly is amazing and sad. Well, funny as well. Wardriving FTW.

For anyone who remembers my April Fools Day prank on a work colleague (here if you didn't read it), I finally told him the truth on Wednesday, and it was a sight I will remember for the rest of my life. The most I have laughed in one single day at work.

And finally, Yankees @ Red Sox tonight on ESPN, looking forward to seeing Phil Hughes...and watch our UK commentary guys attempt to make things up about him because they haven't done enough research. :lol:

Hope everyone has a good week.

88 Minutes is a terrible movie. Pacino mailed it in long distance. For all of Pacino's good movies, he's done an equal number of terrible ones as well. Two for the Money anyone?

Honestly, I have no idea why 88 minutes is getting a wide release now. The movie originally premiered about two years ago.

-Cubs and Phillies on TBS here in about an hour. Still weird to see teams that aren't the Braves on it.

-Will watch some of The Masters through out the day. Hopefully, there will be a battle on the last few holes. Watching golf in HD is really incredible. Some of you may not enjoy golf or watching it, but I love playing it and watching it.

-Woke up this morning feeling like crud. Think I have a cold. The weather regressed to being horrible again. Cold and wet. It was close to 80 the other day and no theres a chance of snow. I hate this.

-Thinking about selling my graphics card since I really don't play games on my pc much anymore. Might see if my brother will trade his 7600gt + cash for it. Its a x1950pro with a aftermarket fan on it. Ahhhh.....maybe I'll just keep it.

-Haven't played the 360 in awhile, too. Maybe my gaming days are drawing to an end. Oh wait, GTA4 is coming. I sold 2K8 on Ebay for $41+$6 shipping. Gamestop was offering $24 for trade-in. Good thing I Ebayed it.

-I still would love to play The Show. I may sell off the 360 this summer and get a PS3. Not just for that game, but for the BluRay player as well. MGS4 will be out too. I always liked the storyline of that series. Hmmm sounds like a plan.

-Artie Lange...get it together man.

I've been accepted to Northeastern University in Boston, MA since March. (There were 36,000 that applied and I was one of the 2,800 that got in.) They had an open house yesterday. I have to say that it is the most beautiful campus that I've ever seen. It's also the biggest school I've ever been on and I got to a high school with 18 buildings and 4,000 students. It is in the center of Boston. Fenway is right down the street and you can see the scoreboard from one of the dorms. The Museum of Fine Arts is also down the street. Everything there is in Boston is so close! It's an amazing school with amazing academics and opportunities but it all seemed so overwhelming...I could tell you guys the whole day word for word but I'll spare you your time.

Here's some early random thoughts;

"...and now recognised by Ring Magazine as the new lineal light heavyweight champion of the world - Joe Calzaghe!"

Firstly, screw intellectual property being used by corporations. It's just wrong. Someone had uploaded the whole Calzaghe vs. Hopkins fight on YouTube and I had just settled down to watch it again before going to bed. What do I get when I click on the 9th and 10th rounds video? "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Home Box Office". Yeah, well screw HBO, and their copyright claim. They make enough money as is.

Great fight from Calzaghe. He got caught in the first, but, as he does in a lot of fights, changed his style to match the opponent and I don't think he lost a round after round 4.

Bernard Hopkins - wow. Don't get me wrong, he's a boxing hall of famer, no doubt. But he also needs a star on the Hollywood walk of fame for his performance on the low blow when he took a break. Yeah, he did get touched below the belt, the key word being touched, as opposed to punched. If he had been hit with a devastating blow right to the nether regions, it's understood. That's why they have the 5 minute break. But he didn't. His acting after the decision was good as well, but not quite as good. He may believe that he won the fight while he was in the ring, but if he watches the video, he'll see he was outclassed by a younger, better, harder fighter who simply wanted it more.

When I first saw Joe Cortez was refereeing the fight, I thought Calzaghe had no chance. Cortez didn't do much, if anything, to convince me that his performances in the last few years have gone drastically downhill, but the fact that he managed to get Michael Buffer to introduce him as Joe "Fair but firm" Cortez to make him look good in the event of an unpopular decision for Calzaghe was hilarious to me.

Fun fact - there were more Welsh fans than Americans in the Thomas & Mack arena for the fight. :lol:

No really big fights to look forward to for the foreseeable future. Amir Khan is waiting to see if Nate Campbell will fight Joel Casamayor but is scheduled to fight someone in June - no-one knows who. I'd like to see him face anyone in the top 5 apart from Yuri Romanov, who only has 4 more fights than him. Fighting an experienced veteran such as Juan or Julio Diaz would be more risky, but would be an excellent test to see how he handles someone that has been in the ring for a long time, and would be a good showcase for the worldwide audience before a Casamayor/Campbell fight. At this stage, he has nothing to learn from someone with only a few more fights than him.

Anyway, baseball...

Yankees slipped below .500 with today's loss to Baltimore. Kennedy just doesn't look good on the mounds, doesn't look comfortable.

Good to see Harlan Chamberlain getting better, and Joba make an appearance tonight. 1 inning of hitless relief, 1 walk, 2 Ks.

Still can't get my head around the Farnsworth suspension. I hope Daniel Cabrera gets some severe punishment, after all, he hit the same guy twice in one game, whereas Farnsworth didn't hit anyone, and only came close once. I better stop...the sarcasm meter is overflowing.

Finally got around to releasing the 2007 Waterfront Park mod. God, it took long enough. Hopefully I can get some decent photos and get the 2008 one done much quicker. Also, if anyone can help with some things in the park, please let me know.

Scranton win 1-0 over Rochester, Trenton win 5-3 in 11 innings with Ramiro Pena's go-ahead single. :D

Last non-baseball thoughts...

Work last Friday, left at 2:30pm on a 6:30pm shift. Felt like crap due to a flu - severe headache/migraine, general lethargy and exhaustion. Off on Monday, back in on Tuesday with some symptoms, but OK to work. Slight cough, runny nose, watering eyes, the usual crap. Cough gets worse through the week. Wake on Thursday, sore throat. Thursday night, coughing up blood and almost vomiting from coughing so much. Off on Friday, go to doctors - chest infection with damage to throat lining. Sick line, off work until at least Monday the 28th. Woohoo! Still not feeling great though. On the positive side, it's a week off work, and my abs are getting a severe workout from the coughing. Negative side - the muscle mass I'd built up recently has all but disappeared due to lying in bed and doing nothing with no training at all, not even dead weights, and the ab improvement is only just visible due to the thin layer of fat that's developed where the muscle was due to no cardio for 2 weeks. Arms looking rather skinny compared to how I'm used to seeing them now. Lost 5lbs in the last 2 days, and 3½ of that is probably muscle. :(

Battle Royale. Download it. You like it, buy it. Great film. (Yeah, I'm encouraging copyright violation. Sue me.)

2 things I would stab a Jehovah's Witness for right now - a Subway chocolate chip cookie or a chocolate cupcake. Neither of which I have at this particular moment in time. :(

I need to figure out some way of finding a good shot of the apartment blocks that are being demolished in summer. Should make for some very nice photographs and/or video, some of which I might circulate, if they're any good.

I love my MSDN license. If you need one reason, just one reason to work for a large I.T. company, the MSDN license is enough. In short - free access to almost any Microsoft product you can think of, along with product keys, and no need to screw around with cracks or activation hacks. And the only reason I say "almost" is because I'm not sure if it's every Microsoft product, but I haven't looked for one that's not been there yet, and they have a very wide archive.

Having damaged throat lining sucks. You get the pain from your chest due to the chest infection, as well as the pain from your throat, then you need to spit all the crap from your chest out. Nasty.

Regarding my earlier thought, forget the cookie and cupcakes. I just had a thought - why would anyone actually need a reason to stab a Jehovah's Witness?

Finally, you've never seen humour until you've seen a Glasgow junkie, mangled out of his face, attempt to walk in a straight line while holding an open container of food in one hand and trying to control a German Shepherd in the other. Laughing that much cannot be good for my throat, but screw it - it's worth it. :lmao:

TQ's new album, Paradise, it pretty good. Rather addictive.

Eyes closing, sleep time. Have a peaceful week, everyone. :D

Gift for all: some rather humorous images.

1208642187900su2.jpg1208642372479cg9.jpg

1206127954352uw7.jpg

1206375168028bs1.jpg

(This looks like it was taken in a Dell technical support lab - all Dell equipment on show. I recognise the systems, and I have a feeling I know exactly why he kept getting that BSOD. Yes, it is a technician error. To be there at the time would have been funny as hell.)

The following contain adult content, so don't click on them if you're underage or are offended by strong language. Yeah, everyone knows that won't stop you clicking on them, even though you're 12 and are depressed that you can't find any swear words in the dictionary. I'm just covering my ***. ;)

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3664/1208640628589vm3.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6312/1208640715896kb2.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7847/cork6qtrc6yz0.jpg

In closing, lolcats rule us all. The sooner we admit it, the less we will be harmed.

Updated to 4-20

...My first thought that has been on my mind recently is that I am going to be returning to work soon and I am still not sure I am 100%. I had my knee surgery back in January and I've been home ever since. I am hoping once I get going things will work out.

...Don't worry Miguel Tejada that you aged two years overnight. I'm still older than you. :huh:

...And I'll guarantee you that another guy that's been lying about his age is Alfonso Soriano. There's no way this guy was born in 1976. He had to shave at least three years off his age. Put it this way, if Soriano was born in 1976, I was born in 1990. :nay:

...It's never funny when an injury comes up for any player and we all can agree on that. But Soriano recently changed that belief right after this moron did his hop, skip and jump routine after he caught an easy fly ball last week. The guy's hitting .175 for the Cubs and can't catch a fly ball without being a showboat. That's 136 million dollars well spent.

...I'm no Kyle Farnsworth fan, but he is a victim of the Red Sox whining influence on Major League Baseball. The Red Sox must have been crying long and loud about that pitch almost hitting Ramirez, so the end result was that undeserved three game suspension he got. The next time Kyle, hit the piece of *&$#.

...Speaking of the Red Sox, rumor has it that they are filing a complaint to the Pope because he is performing a mass today at Yankee Stadium and he isn't doing one at Fenway Park.

...The only God New England has is the Beer God.

...Another frustrating April for the Yankees. They aren't doing anything right. Can't pitch, can't hit, can't put anything together. But that's normal. They'll dig themselves a huge hole and that's when they'll start playing better. Go figure.

...Mark's random thoughts were great this week. I knew you were not feeling well but I didn't know to what extent. It is much worse than this cold that I still haven't shaken yet. Get well man and get plenty of rest.

...Quick, someone go read Mark's random thoughts post and come back here and tell me what a lolcat is and who the hell is TQ?

...I've been reading about the RFK assassination that happened back in 1968. Some researchers are now saying there was a second gunman that was there. I don't understand why it took forty years for this to come out?

...R.I.P. Stanley Kamel, who played Dr. Kroger on the TV show Monk. :(

I just don't see the Yankees in the playoffs this year, something tells me their playoff streak is over. I didn't say this last year, or any other year I was a fan, but I just don't see it this year.

That article MarkB posted with the callers for that trip is awesome.

Updated to 4-27

...I should call this one Random thoughts on a Sunday evening. :( But I have been so busy today I couldn't do this. I'm glad some people did. That's ok, this is your thread anyways. All I do is change the date each week.

...Spent the weekend with the wife. Last night to a wedding reception for someone she works with. I didn't know a soul. I hate situations like that when I don't know anyone.

...I am kicking myself for not bringing my phone with me. It's got a camera in it. I could have taken this photo yesterday of this hot blonde in a short dress for you. Not that I was looking. I was thinking of you guys all the way.

...To top it off, most of the day we watched TIVO stuff that she records. Law and Order, NCIS, Criminal Minds, you name it. Sometimes you got to do what you have to do when you have to do it.

...Starting Thursday my time on this wonderful website is going to be cut dramatically. I won't be spending that much time on here because I'll be returning to work that day after my knee surgery so during the day hours I'll be busy working instead of having fun in here.

...A big middle finger salute to the State of New York, who, in their ultimate wisdom, have decided to raise the thruway toll prices 5% in July (just in time for the summer travel season) and another 5% in January.

...To say I am worried about the Yankees health-wise would be an understatement.

...And I don't care what anyone says, I think this Yankee team is a terrible hitting ballclub.

...What a difference a year makes. As of Friday, Joe Torre's Dodgers had a 9 - 13 record. That was the same record that the Yankees had last year after 22 games. The big difference is this year I don't care how Torre's team does. :shrug:

...Good luck Darren McFadden, the first round draft choice of my Oakland Raiders.

Updated to 4-20

...It's never funny when an injury comes up for any player and we all can agree on that. But Soriano recently changed that belief right after this moron did his hop, skip and jump routine after he caught an easy fly ball last week. The guy's hitting .175 for the Cubs and can't catch a fly ball without being a showboat. That's 136 million dollars well spent.

...I'm no Kyle Farnsworth fan, but he is a victim of the Red Sox whining influence on Major League Baseball. The Red Sox must have been crying long and loud about that pitch almost hitting Ramirez, so the end result was that undeserved three game suspension he got. The next time Kyle, hit the piece of *&$#.

-Soriano might be a moron, and the Cubs might have spent way too much money on him, but his injury actually occured after the jump, not during. I've alway thought that jump was strange being an outfielder myself, but it might just be a weird style of his that helps him time up catching the ball. Since he is a converted infielder, he probably never really learned any sound outfield fundamentals. I really don't think it's showboating. I know you hate him for whatever reason, but c'mon. Maybe if he would have had his 40/40 season with the Yanks instead of the Nats, you wouldn't hate him so much.

-Don't even try defending Farns. Even you should have realized his intentions on this one. Manny was 3 for 3 with 2 HR that night. Farnsworth THROWS A 97 MPH FASTBALL BEHIND HIM. Hmm seems a little fishy, right? The Red Sox didn't have to say anything, Watson would have been a moron not to suspend him. Besides all of that, he made it quite obvious back in his Cub days that he is a hot-head.

CC720, don't start confusing me with the facts now, ok? :)

Ok, one more time why I dislike Soriano. And it has nothing to do with having that 40/40 season not in a Yankee uniform. In 2003, he almost had his 40/40 season in a Yankee uniform but came up short. He pressed too much and started swinging at bad pitches. Towards the end of that year, everyone was getting him out on sliders, low and away. Over and over and over. The Red Sox KILLED the guy in the playoffs with that pitch. In the World Series, the Marlins KILLED him with that pitch. The entire ballpark knew that pitch was coming except for Soriano. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

As for Farnsworth, I didn't know much about that guy until he came to the Yankees CC720. And now I know more than I want to know and I want him off the team ASAP. The only time I heard of Farnsworth before he came to New York was a video of a fight he was in while on the Cubs. I never followed his career before he joined the Yankees. I didn't know he was a hot head. I do know he is a cement head.

CC720, don't start confusing me with the facts now, ok? :)

Ok, one more time why I dislike Soriano. And it has nothing to do with having that 40/40 season not in a Yankee uniform. In 2003, he almost had his 40/40 season in a Yankee uniform but came up short. He pressed too much and started swinging at bad pitches. Towards the end of that year, everyone was getting him out on sliders, low and away. Over and over and over. The Red Sox KILLED the guy in the playoffs with that pitch. In the World Series, the Marlins KILLED him with that pitch. The entire ballpark knew that pitch was coming except for Soriano. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

As for Farnsworth, I didn't know much about that guy until he came to the Yankees CC720. And now I know more than I want to know and I want him off the team ASAP. The only time I heard of Farnsworth before he came to New York was a video of a fight he was in while on the Cubs. I never followed his career before he joined the Yankees. I didn't know he was a hot head. I do know he is a cement head.

If you only know what Farnsworth has done, maybe you'd understand. I'd almost go as far as to say that he's just as stupid as Soriano.

Go find the video of that brawl Farnsworth was involved in with the Tigers. The fight was over and his teammates still had to restrain him because he wanted to go after people. The year before, he was traded from the Cubs after another fight. No, I'm not talking about his fight with Paul Wilson. I'm talking about his fight with a large metal fan in the Cubs' clubhouse. The fan won and the Farns went on the DL with a leg injury.