MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

Great job modders! :D

This makes me feel so much better since EA is not doing an '06 version.

A couple of small issues from a Mariner's fan:

Could we please get a photo and face for Kenji Johjima?

I know that EA probably went a little overboard with Felix Hernandez (especially with patch #5! greatest pitcher in history?), but I think you tuned him down a bit too much, he is the greatest pitching prospect we've seen in a LONG time.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded both of the MVP 06 files, LL and IF. Each one downloads fine, but when I try to open them up with either WinAce or WinRAR, they state that each file is corrupted (corrupted file header) and doesn't extract anything. Any suggestions?

Final note:

My PC is

XP 2600+

ATI X850 PRO 256MB

2 GB RAM

Havn't had ANY stuttering or performance issues. I installed patches 1,2,3 and 5 from EA and then did the Living Large mod on top of that.

Performance has been silky smooth and the new textures look absolutely beautiful at 1280! I would guess any stuttering problems people are having is due to system and/or video RAM limitations. I just upgraded my PC to play some of the newer games, so I would have been pretty disappointed if it didn't play well.

To Gangrel:

I am using the 6.2 ATI cataly drivers so I don't think rolling those back will help.

When I upgraded my video card, my frame rates jumped through the roof and suddenly the game was far too fast to play. I used ATI Tray Tools, and enabled the option: Wait for Vertical Sync - Always ON. This solved the problem, but since you said you tried enabling frame sync I'm not sure that would help.

Once agains thanks to everyone who made this possible! Can't wait for the final release and opening day!

Everything is lightspeed. I can get gameplay to run perfectly by turning off vsync, but wow, the GUI is smoking fast! As soon as I start the game it goes into demo mode right after the EA Sports video.

I dont know if this was mentioned or not.. I read through a lot of posts and its hard to search using the keywords fast and GUI LOL.

Clean install, patch 3 and 5 were done, played to see if it was a good install of the patch. It was fine, then I install LL06.. and HOLY MOMMA! Ive messed with a handful of settings, but nothing helps.

This is on a Opteron 280 w/ 7800GTX SLI machine. I know my rig is quick, but I didnt think that I could sim a whole season in a few heartbeats(actually, if this is fixable, I might see how far I can sim in 20 minutes before I fix it, LOL.)

I really dont mind the GUI being so quick, but its hard to scroll through names and teams without it scrolling through a rotation every second.

Ok here's a few things I noticed...

1) Players faces are F'd up Vernon Wells and Russ Adams both have two pairs of eyes. Alexis Rios's face is backwards and not only is this on the Jays I ntoiced it on a few other teams and their managers (Dodgers : Grady Little).

2) Pithcing meter, I know it's been brought up 100 times but make sure you adress this.

3) Not really an issue but did you guys map the faces of Randy Winn and Barry Bonds because if so they look amazing, and if it was at all possible I would LOVE to see more players done (maybe entire teams :D)...

Everything is lightspeed. I can get gameplay to run perfectly by turning off vsync, but wow, the GUI is smoking fast! As soon as I start the game it goes into demo mode right after the EA Sports video.

I dont know if this was mentioned or not.. I read through a lot of posts and its hard to search using the keywords fast and GUI LOL.

Clean install, patch 3 and 5 were done, played to see if it was a good install of the patch. It was fine, then I install LL06.. and HOLY MOMMA! Ive messed with a handful of settings, but nothing helps.

This is on a Opteron 280 w/ 7800GTX SLI machine. I know my rig is quick, but I didnt think that I could sim a whole season in a few heartbeats(actually, if this is fixable, I might see how far I can sim in 20 minutes before I fix it, LOL.)

I really dont mind the GUI being so quick, but its hard to scroll through names and teams without it scrolling through a rotation every second.

I just did another reinstall. Before I put any patches, the game worked fine. I just installed patch 5, and I get hyper GUI and hyper gameplay.......

sigh, I can't fix this either...... looks like it's off to find a copy of high heat!

Ok here's a few things I noticed...

1) Players faces are F'd up Vernon Wells and Russ Adams both have two pairs of eyes. Alexis Rios's face is backwards and not only is this on the Jays I ntoiced it on a few other teams and their managers (Dodgers : Grady Little).

2) Pithcing meter, I know it's been brought up 100 times but make sure you adress this.

3) Not really an issue but did you guys map the faces of Randy Winn and Barry Bonds because if so they look amazing, and if it was at all possible I would LOVE to see more players done (maybe entire teams :D)...

I guess these things aren't happening for anyone else...

I'll ask this one again... When pitching in pitch 6 view... sometimes after a few pitches it will default to looking at the on-deck circle. And you cna't change ti back. Anyone else have this problem.

I believe there was a problem with the default datafile with this mod when facing lefties from the BTP cam. Check out the official mvp 06 datafile thread, I think there is an update in there. Or you can download someone else's datafile.

i dont know if anyone else brought this up, but when there is someone else on base and a left handed batter is up. The pitch meter is partially covered by the baserunning thing and u cant see the pitch meter anymore! :(

That post talks about vsync. Ive messed with it a bunch. Actually turning it OFF helps me in gameplay, but not in the GUI. turning it on does nothing. My refresh is correct aswell. 60Hz. =/

I dont mind a whole lot, but when the ingame music is playing, it plays the audio ridiculously fast. Whether its the LL updated audio, or anything I add in myself. But Im just mentioning bugs with LL. IDK what file that it over-rides that has sensitivinty to the exe.. but something is making people with high end rigs go turbo speed.

Also between plays is fast. When you hit a ball, it goes fast until a player gets posetion of the ball in the infield(no matter what monitor/vsync settings are used.)

I also noticed when I turn on vsync in both the game and windows, the game moves at its fastest... which is exactly the opposite of the post linked =/

Its funny, Ive maxed out my visuals both via driver settings and MVP, and I still get over 100fps at lightspeed mode. LMAO. I tried softspeeding my CPUs to 800MHz and lowering my Graphics clock to 250MHz, but then I get artifacts with maxed visual via driver.. but the game still runs like a madman. I put on software dependant visual settings, and artifacts are gone, but the game is still fast.

Okay. I fixed it. Vsync has to be on for the fix. But for those who vsync doesnt change the gamespeed...as some maybe experiencing.

As far as I know, this only effects users with SLI or Crossfire systems.

Go to your directx settings in windows.

Start/run/ dxdiag should work for everyone.

Go to display and disable AGP Texture Acceloration.

Save, and vola... game plays at perfect speed.

I believe there was a problem with the default datafile with this mod when facing lefties from the BTP cam. Check out the official mvp 06 datafile thread, I think there is an update in there. Or you can download someone else's datafile.

Thanks I appreciate it.

The final release of this mod will contain the UR rosters that have the minors right? I was wondering if the 100 Baseball America prospects will be updated in the opening day roster since Baseball America has released the new list? If not, that's cool, I can do it myself, but I was just wondering if this was planned or not. Thanks.

Archived