MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

problem is I do not have that problem, I posted a pic of Mr. Bard from the game and he looks fine.

If I can not recreate the problem I can not solve it.

how much memory do you guys have?

what is your video card?

which download did you use?

are you overclocking?

how fast is your PC?

what OS are you running?

can you run a MD5 check of your models.big and post the result

have you tried deleting you MVP folder, reinstalling MVP and then installing the 06 mod

it is possible you roster dat files are read only and the installers are not overwriting them?

labeling some faces as 04 type and some as 05 type that have been changed at some point

I know Pirate had the same problem with UR 5.0 plus

I took that models.big extracted all the files, decompressed them, recompressed them, and make a new models.big from it.

can someone will skills download just the josh bard face, install it on a fresh copy of models.big and see if it has the same problem

problem is I do not have that problem, I posted a pic of Mr. Bard from the game and he looks fine.

If I can not recreate the problem I can not solve it.

how much memory do you guys have?

what is your video card?

which download did you use?

are you overclocking?

how fast is your PC?

what OS are you running?

can you run a MD5 check of your models.big and post the result

have you tried deleting you MVP folder, reinstalling MVP and then installing the 06 mod

it is possible you roster dat files are read only and the installers are not overwriting them?

labeling some faces as 04 type and some as 05 type that have been changed at some point

I will be more than happy to try to help you guys out, but as a warning my computer skills are mediocre at best. I am running an AMD athlon 3.0 processor, with 1 gig of RAM, and a radeon 9700 mobile graphics card. i have windows xp, i used the LL version of the download and i am not over clocking. and i have no idea what a MD5 check is. I have not tried a reinstall, i am still thoroughly enjoying the game with an occasional mutant coming to bat. i may get to it within the next couple of days, after i finish some papers i have to write by Tuesday.

How would i check if my roster faces are read only?

krawhitham wrote:

try this datafile guys

should fix camera #6

all walkup camera action

walkup music is back

www.mindwarped.com/datafile.rar

Sorry that I'm coming in late, but where do we place this "datafile" ?

Hi guy, please, I have the same question... where I should place this datafile to solve the View-6 problem?

Thanks!

The split face happens in all stadiums on only a few fellas. Another is Felix Rodriguez.

So far Felix Rodriguez and Zach Duke.

The crash happens with any face named 759. Doesn't matter if it is Josh Bard or an original EA face. So wierd.

I need to check my patches.

I just checked several teams and this is the list so far:

I will update this further.

Weird misaligned faces like the Zach Duke face posted above:

Macier Izturis - Angels

Jose Valverde - Dbacks

Royce Clayton- Nats

Hayden Penn - Orioles

Craig Hansen - Red Sox

Jonathan Papelbon- Red Sox

Felix Rodriguez - Nats

Brandon inge - Tigers

Makes game crash:

Josh Bard - Red Sox

Abe Alvarez - Red Sox

Stephen Drew - Dbacks (Was reported to me via PM by a member as well)

Wrong Face:

Ricardo Rincon - has Juan Rincon Face

Rocky Biddle - ?

I'm noticing:

- more power from the Computer/AI. It seems as if every pitch hit is way out in the outfield at least.

- slowdown of gameplay. I have an ATI Radeon 9250 but my settings are not high at all. I play the game at 800x600 so I don't see the reason behind this.

Any suggestions?

turn down CPU Batting Power (mine is at -19 right now) CPU Batting Contact (-11 for me) and CPU swing frequency (mine is -27) that should help you out in the short term once I get these sliders down pat I'll start a new thread releasing them.

Of course the big problem is figuring out how much I suck at the game in comparison to where the sliders should be :D

I'm noticing:

- more power from the Computer/AI. It seems as if every pitch hit is way out in the outfield at least.

- slowdown of gameplay. I have an ATI Radeon 9250 but my settings are not high at all. I play the game at 800x600 so I don't see the reason behind this.

Any suggestions?

Get a new video card.

With this update, you get a lot of uniforms and stadiums that are going to be demanding on your system. You need to upgrade as you would with a game that offers updated graphics. Also think about how much ram you have. You may need more ram.

I just got MVP 06 up and running and I have a few suggestions of my own:

first of all, I think since so many people have different preferences on what's in their game so I think an installer like the one with Total Classics 4 would be great so people could choose their datafile, CTS Screen, etc.

I noticed a few things wrong with cyberfaces:

1)Kevin Millar looks like a ghost

2)it looks like someone slit Matt Murton's throat

I dislike the stadium select screens, they're awfully obnoxious with all the numbers and dimensions (maybe the choice to include these could be included in an installer)

I also must agree that the opening splash screen be omitted and replaced with something more official-looking. I have the utmost respect for all modders who helped in this Herculean effort but I think the splash screen is very unofficial-looking.

The only other thing left now besides an updated version of MVP 06 is Pirate's new Busch Stadium (I can't wait!)

Pirate, I found a site that has a web cam from the view of a rooftop down to the field: Link

I thought this might help you with any structures located beyond the oufield (even though I believe I read somewhere that you were done with all structural work).

I've got a Radeon Mobility ATI 9700 card and 512 of RAM, and I have the stuttering problem.....I'm about to upgrade to 1G of RAM in a few days. My question is: is my card still good enough for this mod? I don't know anything about graphics cards.......

Archived