MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

I've asked this in another thread and was directed here without any true responsive answer.

Is there any way that the final version of this mod can have a "lite" alternative for those of us suffering stuttering problems and are not prepared to, or just recently upgraded our system?

I understand the reluctancy of those responsible for this mod to not want to less it down and keep the full feel of what they created. I also understand the argument that with new games, upgrades are required. However, and please do not take this the wrong way, this is a mod, not a new game. Plus, you guys are modders, fans of a now defunct game trying to keep it alive for at least one more season, not EASports, just putting out something for the sake of it. Let everyone share in your creation and enjoy 06 if it is possible.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've asked this in another thread and was directed here without any true responsive answer.

Is there any way that the final version of this mod can have a "lite" alternative for those of us suffering stuttering problems and are not prepared to, or just recently upgraded our system?

I understand the reluctancy of those responsible for this mod to not want to less it down and keep the full feel of what they created. I also understand the argument that with new games, upgrades are required. However, and please do not take this the wrong way, this is a mod, not a new game. Plus, you guys are modders, fans of a now defunct game trying to keep it alive for at least one more season, not EASports, just putting out something for the sake of it. Let everyone share in your creation and enjoy 06 if it is possible.

I thought about that, I can 1X Uniforms, faces, & portraits. But not stadiums, a few people with problems need to download a few stadiums and see if you have problems with no mods but the stadiums.

Plus there is the option of fake compression, maybe systems are draging on decompression. I do not know if fake compression will help or not, but it might be worth a shot.

On behalf of us low/medium-enders, thanks krawhitham.

I think I put this in another post, but I overwrote the stadiums included in the mod with the EA provided stadiums and the stuttering continued. I have a feeling, based on absolutely nothing except my own ignorance, that the stuttering may be uniform related. I tried looking for modded unis, but all available seem to be hi-res also. Hope that helps, and thanks again.

Is there a problem with UMachine's rosters and the 2006 mod? Every time I attempt to run an .exe file of one of the teams, it crashes. It also screws up some of the rosters. For example, on the screen in which you choose the uniform, I would choose the Cardinals' red jersey alternant, but it gives me the green alternant jersey.

The problem is that the models.big file in mvp 06 has more than 3000 items so gfxpak (which umachines installer uses) will crash when accessing a models.big file of that size

so you'll have to use EA Graphics editor or kraw's installer utility to manually install the unis

The problem is that the models.big file in mvp 06 has more than 3000 items so gfxpak (which umachines installer uses) will crash when accessing a models.big file of that size

so you'll have to use EA Graphics editor or kraw's installer utility to manually install the unis

Would you please explain to me how this works?

Try Umachines' uniforms they are 1.5x resolution rather than 2x like Moser's in MVP 06 or KC's unis.

I can get the memory required per uniform down to 1,132,208 bytes from 2,910,992 bytes while keeping it a 2x

but you do lose a little bit of quality (very little), but nothing like the quality you would lose going down to 1x

it involves switching all the images in a uniform over to dxt compression

I have a Mobility ATI 9700 card in my laptop with 1.5Gb of ram, and the normal game with no mods is choppy

turning down the detaill all the way fixes it, but them it looks like crap

I don't have any problem with the normal game with no mods, as long as the patches are installed, and that is running on 512mb. I suppose I'll just wait to see what the new memory will do for me tomorrow when I get it. If that doesn't help I may just try to create my own models.big from scratch.

Hey Kraw count me in on testing the new uniform file.

I don't think the PC config is the issue. I'm on a Dell 8400, 1GB RAM, P3.4 CPU with all background noise silenced running an ATI PCI-E 850 card.

I have the stutter.

It's not bad but does look similar to the original sutter when 05 came out.

But if faced with a decision of 06 with a stutter or NO 06 - gi-gi-gi-gi-gimme 06!

No offense to anybody that does stutter.

Salute to the Modders!

i say u just turn off all the resolution options in game. like crowd on,textures high, umpire blah blah -- and check to see if the stuttering is there. it shouldn't.

and from there. update each option and see if the stuttering is there.

that's just something u could try off the top of my head.

Archived