MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AstroEric,

Tried to use Lahmans db with MVPedit and it will udjust to the current year but it produces an error and then crashes. Very frustrating.

Trying to Import teams from Lahman in MVPedit and I'm getting a run-time error 3265 "Item not found in this collection"

The other option is importing the lahman data player by player I guess. Would take some time, but wouldn't be too difficult.

MVPedit 2006.2 with the Lahmans 5.3 embedded in the MVPedit folder...

When I try it for an individual I get an error that says its searching for a table or query named Pitcher, my guess is thats in the Lahmans DB... so I go in and rename the Pitchers table as "pitcher" and try again...

MVPedit 2006.2 with the Lahmans 5.3 embedded in the MVPedit folder...

When I try it for an individual I get an error that says its searching for a table or query named Pitcher, my guess is thats in the Lahmans DB... so I go in and rename the Pitchers table as "pitcher" and try again...

Try it with the checkbox unchecked. Don't have it in front of me, so I'm not sure what the check box actually does, but I remember getting the same error when I had it checked.

without checking the box, the stats stay ending in the year 2005.

We might be trying to do different things...

Just to clarify, my thinking was to edit the DB so the 05 stats appear in game as 04 stats, etc. This way the players career stats would all be the same, just a year earlier than they actually happened. This would leave 05 empty so the first season of your dynasty wouldnt be adding to any existing stats.

We might be trying to do different things...

Just to clarify, my thinking was to edit the DB so the 05 stats appear in game as 04 stats, etc. This way the players career stats would all be the same, just a year earlier than they actually happened. This would leave 05 empty so the first season of your dynasty wouldnt be adding to any existing stats.

OK... Just to recap...

When I tried the new MVP2006 mod, the stats were just adding to the 2005 stats already recorded for each player.

First thing I thought was, how can we change the game itself to start the season in the yr 2006. According to folks here in the forum, thats an illegal mod.

So then I thought, how can I quickly roll back each player to 2004 and retain the 2005 stats. I could really go and erase all the 2005 stats, but I didn't want to do that.

Are we on the same path or are we talking abbout doing two different things?

So then I thought, how can I quickly roll back each player to 2004 and retain the 2005 stats. I could really go and erase all the 2005 stats, but I didn't want to do that.

Are we on the same path or are we talking abbout doing two different things?

I think we're talking about the same thing...

As an example David Ortiz did the following in real life:

2005: .300, 47 HR, 148 RBI, etc, etc

2004: .301, 41 HR, 139 RBI, etc, etc

I want it to appear in the game as:

2004: .300, 47 HR, 148 RBI, etc, etc

2003: .301, 41 HR, 139 RBI, etc, etc

Thus leaving 2005 open for the first year of your dynasty, while retaining all is real life stats.

Now I can go about it the long way and change everyone individually, or I can do it using the Lahmans DB in the player stats menu in MVPedit (but thats where errors with the program are killing me).

I think the easiest way is to edit the Lahman database. Simply change the yearID column to be a year earlier. This could be done pretty easily using a Find/Replace. You could also probably delete everything in the DB from 1982 or so and earlier.

Once this is done, you could go through each player and import the edited DB on the player stats page, which should replace the existing stats containing 2005 with your updated stats that only go to 2004. So a player who has played from 1997 - 2005 would now have stats from 1996-2004.

Thanks for the help camulos... I'll look into doing that. I just wish I could figure out how to fix my interoperability issue between Lahman and MVPedit

Just to let you know, I tried this and it worked perfectly for me. What I did:

- Opened Lahman -> Batting

- Sort by year. Deleted all rows prior to 1980

- Starting with 1980, did find/replace to change YearID 1980 -> 1979, 1981 -> 1980, etc. You should end with a table that has rows from 1979-2004

- Opened MVP edit and imported my .dat files.

- Went to the Red Sox roster, highlighted Jason Varitek.

- Clicked the stats option and Career Batting tab

- Clicked Lahman, made sure Varitek's name was selected, clicked OK (left checkbox unchecked)

This changed Varitek's stats to read from 1996-2004 instead of 1997-2005. I also clicked the "Copy to Career" button but this probably isn't needed.

1st baseman mit

loading screens

stadium select screens

generic faces

rework models.big file

and maybe walkup music

Walkup music is a MUST! I've tried the one released few days ago and it's great! I would defnitively change the referees' faces though! Brian Schneider's face was kinda wrong too (Washington).

I've just tried the fix for the stuttering and it worked so so... I noticed alot of progress when pitching to a batter (the movement of the pitching meter is perfect now) but to throws to 1B, it's still there. Great work though! This is really appreciated, believe me!

Archived