Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

Alright, next entry of mine....

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/mvpleague...7_nym-nyy_1.htm

Endy Chavez pinch ran for Cliff Floyd in the top of the 9th and scored a run. He didn't come to the plate to bat, have no record of him scoring the run. He did stay in the game for the bottom half and had a putout (which recorded fine).

I guess that in kraw's layout, I'll have to check if any players not listed as a batter scored a run. In neojonas's layout, I'll have to check if any players not listed as a batter stole a base was caught stealing, or scored a run..

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys thanks, the mod is great.

But one thing noticed in my last game.

3B: Hector Luna 2 (0); So Taguchi (1);

2 3Bs in game but 0 in total?

Hope this helps to make the mod.

Thak you all again. I really think your job is great and what people really need.

Thanks for that. I fixed it.

Odd, will have to run a test in a dynasty to see if these phantom PO's are getting recorded in the season stats as well.

Just tested this in a dynasty, pinch hitters do indeed get credited with a phantom putout in their season total.

Odd, will have to run a test in a dynasty to see if these phantom PO's are getting recorded in the season stats as well. I just noticed this in my last game. Pitch hit in the 8th, batter took the field in the 9th, and definately wasn't involved in any plays.

I'll have to test this out, and make sure that it's not an error on my part.

More info on the phantom PO's.

The player's total for the game will end up being +1.

Last test I ran included pinch hitting for 5 guys, 3 of which never got an at bat. After that half inning I ran the exporter, all 5 of them had 1 PO (quite impossible when they haven't seen the field yet, one of them being a DH lol).

I set the other team to keyboard control so that I could strike the batters out. I put one of the pinch hitters at catcher, struck a guy out, and ran the exporter. He then had 2 PO's.

I put a different pinch hitter at C, struck out the next 2 guys, ran the exporter, he then had 3 PO's for the game.

*edit*

Is it possible for you to remove these erroneous PO's in the output?

*edit again*

Have I mentioned how unbelievably sweet this little app has become, other than that time I said you were my hero?

More info on the phantom PO's.

The player's total for the game will end up being +1.

Last test I ran included pinch hitting for 5 guys, 3 of which never got an at bat. After that half inning I ran the exporter, all 5 of them had 1 PO (quite impossible when they haven't seen the field yet, one of them being a DH lol).

I set the other team to keyboard control so that I could strike the batters out. I put one of the pinch hitters at catcher, struck a guy out, and ran the exporter. He then had 2 PO's.

I put a different pinch hitter at C, struck out the next 2 guys, ran the exporter, he then had 3 PO's for the game.

*edit*

Is it possible for you to remove these erroneous PO's in the output?

*edit again*

Have I mentioned how unbelievably sweet this little app has become, other than that time I said you were my hero?

What happens if you just bring in a guy as a defensive substitution? Do they get a free putout? Does a new pitcher get a free putout?

I don't think that I could remove all of the erroneous PO's from the output.

I can probably get rid of most of them.

What happens if you just bring in a guy as a defensive substitution? Do they get a free putout? Does a new pitcher get a free putout?

I'll run through the various situations, get a better idea of the who/when these phantoms come into play.

I can probably get rid of most of them.

That would be wonderful.

The following I've checked for free putouts:

Pinch hitters (whether they actually bat or not)

Pinch runners

Defensive substitutions

New pitchers

In all of these cases they get credited with the phantom putout the instant they enter the game, before any additional action is taken. I'd test injury replacements, if a guy would actually get hurt. Probably a safe bet they'd get a freebie too.

The following I've checked for free putouts:

Pinch hitters (whether they actually bat or not)

Pinch runners

Defensive substitutions

New pitchers

In all of these cases they get credited with the phantom putout the instant they enter the game, before any additional action is taken. I'd test injury replacements, if a guy would actually get hurt. Probably a safe bet they'd get a freebie too.

Okay. Thanks. I think I can remove the free putouts in most situations.

Also note, it doesn't appear to be restricted to played games only. I ran a quick sim, went 9 innings, there were a total of 28 putouts (my south dakota math tells me that's 1 too many). The only substitution in the game was a single relief pitcher, who did have a putout in the season stats.

Also did a managed game, where i subbed every single pitcher in during the 9th inning and walked a batter with each one. They were all credited with a putout for the season.

i would like to test this mod, i downloaded the June4th revision and I tried to run the executable and a DOS window quickly pops up and goes away. I have the .NET framework 2.0 installed.

any help is appreciated. i am really excited about this project

i would like to test this mod, i downloaded the June4th revision and I tried to run the executable and a DOS window quickly pops up and goes away. I have the .NET framework 2.0 installed.

any help is appreciated. i am really excited about this project

You need to have MVP Baseball 2005 running.

Sounds to me like the .NET framework isn't installed. That's what it was doing for me anyways.

Either that, or make sure you're viewing the box score in the actual game, then alt-tab or hit the "windows" button on PC's to get back to the desktop, and THEN run it.

Happy box-scoring.

EDIT - Looks like you beat me to the punch Ty.

Here's the latest build.

What was added/changed.

1. number of pitches thrown in the half inning is now in all of the gamelogs

2. neojonas's layout now has his updated gamelog.

3. If a pinchrunner scores a run, they will show up in kraw's boxscore.

4. If a pinchrunner scores a run, steals a base, or is caught stealing, they will show up in neojonas's boxscore.

5. Neojonas's boxscore now doesn't show the season stats columns or records if you choose exhibition game.

6. If you choose exhibition game with neojonas's layout, it uses the boxscorex.css file. Right now this is just a copy of his latest boxscore.css file.

7. csv boxscore doesn't show the season stats or records if you choose exhibition game.

8. whatever I said that I already fixed and would be in the next build.

Let me know if you have any problems. Test out the pinchrunners. I haven't tested it on a game where there were pinchrunners yet.

I'll test this for you in a bit ty, thanks alot for the outstanding work.

EDIT:

Actually I would, but I can't download things from this forum for some odd reason. Strange, could you update the link on your site? Then I'll test this for you.

I haven't run any tests on the new build yet, but just realized that Kraw's layout does not list which pitchers allowed the HR's.

Can we sneak that in between SO's and PC?

Or alternatively placed below the pitchers at the top of the additional info area?

I haven't run any tests on the new build yet, but just realized that Kraw's layout does not list which pitchers allowed the HR's.

Can we sneak that in between SO's and PC?

Or alternatively placed below the pitchers at the top of the additional info area?

Like this

jrhrr5gw.png