What age should you stop playing video games.

UncleMo

Just curious. At what age do you think people should stop playing video games?

I make fun of myself for playing them in my 20’s. I hope I’m not messing with this crap in my 40’s.

I’m just wondering because it seems to me that I am not wowed by any game at all.

I tried F.E.A.R. and that was just repetitive, though the graphics rocked. The special effects were great. But really, if I were to rate that game I’d give it a low score because there was no WOW YOU GOTTA PLAY THIS! factor.

I am now trying COD2, which is great, but I’m more wowed by the graphics I’m getting rather than the actual playing of the game. The game is fun, sort of, but the maps are small and it just feels like Medal Of Honor Allied Assault with better graphics. Been there done that.

The only game left that I have been wanting to try is Guild Wars and I suspect that I need to be one of those D&D guys who play role playing games in their grandma’s basement.

So, to avoid nerddom, when do you quit, and for the younger crowd, when do you think someone should hang it up in your opinion.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why give something up if you enjoy it!! Granted you may find yourself with less time for it (work, family, etc.) but IMO if it doesn't interfere with your lifestyle/priorities, keep playing. I don't feel you should stop playing just because you reach age XX.

I am 37 and still enjoy sports games immensely, have since APBA and Micro League first hit the pc.

Hell, I may have to sign up for MVP 05/06 anonomous! :-)

I'll second the opinion of others who ask, "Why do we have to stop?". Playing video games doesn't mean I haven't grown up. I'm 45 and I still play, however, I didn't start playing until about 7 years ago. I don't play a lot of video games (MVP, Medal of Honor and Call of Duty), and I find that they are just another way for me to relax.

I look at them as "me" time, where I can forget about some of life's pressures (job, mortgage, car payments, figuring out how I'll put my 3 daughters through college soon, etc.). It's a beautiful thing when I'm playing Total Classics and my biggest concern is whether I can get a 2-out hit to score the runner on 3rd base to give the '78 Yankees a win over the '78 Red Sox..... :smile:

Like everything else, video gaming needs to be done in moderation. As long as "me" time doesn't interfere with family time or "Us" time (where my wife and I spend quality time together), I don't see the harm in it.

I had to take a break from playing when I ran for political office... Now that its over, I am back to playing.

Congratulations -- What election did you win? Everyone knows that elected officials usually have lots of fee time on their hands (just kidding!) :razz:

You should playing when it's no longer fun or it starts screwing up your life. I'm 46 right now. The only games I play are MVP 05 in it's different mods, CIV IV, and once in awhile Europe in Flames,(an older late 90's squad leader type cpu game). It's a great stress release after a tough day at work to go blow something up in a computor game :)

I'm like Peter Pan, I'm not Peter Pan, thank goodness. I'm actually like him cause I don't wanna grow up...to point out the obvious.

Me at 65, like Albie over there --> :joystick:

heh - couldn't help myself. as for the age thing, it's all about enjoying life. hell my mom (67) still likes playing black bass and the original mario.

Archived