Favorite Christmas Music?

BigDaddyCool

Since we have a thread for the favorite Christmas movie, how about the Christmas music that we listen to?

Personally I never tire of the Charlie Brown Christmas music. Yeah that's the stuff from the cartoon. That and the Grinch soundtrack.

Wifey prefers the Kenny G and Michael Bolton Christmas CD's. I counter those with Mariah Carrey and Manheim Steamroller.

If I'm in a redneck mood I'll put on Bill Engval or "Grandma got run over by a Raindeer"...

But the Peanuts gang is my #1.

Yours?

To anyone needing some Christmas music, take a look at the Time Life Treasury of Christmas. Those albums have pretty much anything you could want.

I personally like Carol of the Bells - Trans Siberian Orchestra. Not your traditional Christmas song, but a very good one to listen to.

Well, I do like the classics for Christmas songs and not the new versions that people like Mariah Carey, Jessica Simpson or whatever blonde bimbo is popular at the moment comes out with for the holiday season.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra does a great job for Christmas, and you can't beat people like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Bing Crosby (who hasn't heard this guy croon White Christmas?)

My favorite Christmas song is Adeste Fideles. That's the Latin version of O Come all Ye Faithful. I took Latin in school years ago and we had to memorize that song. It's odd that this song is my favorite because when it was originally written, it was not a Christmas song. It just became well known around the Christmas holidays and people thought it was a Christmas song.

Well, I do like the classics for Christmas songs and not the new versions that people like Mariah Carey, Jessica Simpson or whatever blonde bimbo is popular at the moment comes out with for the holiday season..

surprisingly, the Mariah Carey Christmas album from years ago is a classic. This was made during the period when she actually concentrated on using that amazing voice of hers. Tony Bennet has a good one. But the Carpenter's holiday record symbolizes everything i felt about Christmas as a kid. Her voice is just "Christmas."

surprisingly, the Mariah Carey Christmas album from years ago is a classic. This was made during the period when she actually concentrated on using that amazing voice of hers. Tony Bennet has a good one. But the Carpenter's holiday record symbolizes everything i felt about Christmas as a kid. Her voice is just "Christmas."

Tony Bennett is great at whatever song he sings. I can't wait for his special tonight.

There's one Christmas song that touches the soul and brings a tear to my eye every time I listen to it:

"Merry Christmas, Darling" by the Carpenters

Yes it is, you've got good taste. I'll be honest with you, every time I hear that wonderful voice of Karen Carpenter it really depresses me. Not because I didn't like her singing, I loved it. She had a great voice. It was the way she died. Someone got it into her head that she was too "fat" and she starved herself to death. Anorexia I believe it was. When she died in 1983 it left a huge loss in the music world. The pressures that they have to put these women in the public eye is terrible. That woman was not fat a day in her life.

surprisingly, the Mariah Carey Christmas album from years ago is a classic. This was made during the period when she actually concentrated on using that amazing voice of hers.

You know something? You are right. I stand corrected my friend.

Archived