Who are you? Introduce yourself to the community.

HFLR

Athletics44 - A good number of the Total Classics fellows were dedicated High Heaters ..... I tried the game but it never lasted very long for me.

I am 59, work for IBM and have for many years. Initially a Systems Engineer and for the last 20 years or so I have been on the Sales Side. I actually got started programming on IBM 360s in 1968 as a member of the USMC.

Love this MVPMods experience and trying to keep Baseball in the '60s alive and growing. Original Cardinals fan until the Colt 45s showed up! Played Baseball throughout my youth and for the USMC Western Pacific traveling team, Coached Baseball for 32 years as well - around the globe but mostly here in South Louisiana.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realized I never posted in this topic. Well my name is Kevin and I am 26. I will be graduating from Ohio State this summer with a degree in Sociology with a minor in Communication.

Teams I rally behind are the Cleveland Cavs, the Cleveland Browns, and the Chicago Cubs. Im originally from Lima, OH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lima,_Ohio) and use to watch Harry Carey and the Cubs on broadcasts that came from Ft.Wayne, Indiana. Never really cared about the Reds or Indians. Being a Browns fan first I saw comparisons between the Dawg Pound and the Bleacher Bums and once I went to Wrigley in person I was hooked. MLB ballbarks Ive been to: Wrigley, Riverfront,Great American Ballpark,Cleveland Municipal, Tiger Stadium, PNC Park, Fulton County Stadium, and Jacobs Field.

In High School I only played baseball. I was fully capable of being one of those 3 sport types but I prefered baseball to anything else so I chose to only play baseball. I was a firstbaseman and batted 3rd/4th. I led the team in HR every year with a high of 10 (in 21 games) during my senior year. We played decent teams (if your familar with any of these Ohio Schools...St. Henry, Defiance, Coldwater, Bryan) I also golf and usually shoot around 83-85. Im hoping to get around par this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dont know if I ever posted here, but I guess there's no time like the present.

I'm a senior in High School, who is currently homebound after having extensive back surgery. Prior to the surgery, I was on the HS baseball team playing 3B, LF, and RF. I'll debate just about everything, and wont be afraid of making a fool of myself doing it. I have very little if no patience, and I am an avid Yankees fan (thats undebatable). I was planning on joining the NAVY after school, but I am uneligable since I had this surgery, something I wish I knew beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Im 22,and a bigtime fan of the 4th placed mariners!.(enjoy your $55mil meche,you lifelong prospect!).

Born in sweden,but moved to vancouver before i was even 1.lived there several years(got taken to mariners games,hence my love for the hapless M's) but moved with my mother to south australia,been there ever since.

I work for 2 companies,both doing mostly special fx on movies.

I love my MVP baseball, its a perfect work getaway.

Anyways,i love the site,and am working on contributing some good mods

in the near future.(not easy with work at the moment).

Peace,have a good day.

• 5 months later...

Im Adrian and I am a 21year old college student who just recently moved to Arkansas for my new life with my future wife(wow that ryhmed). I love baseball and so does my new family(Girlfriends Family) we have mlb ticket because her dad works for direct tv, so we rarely miss any action. I was a youth leader at an awesome church in Florida where I moved from. The funny thing is the rivalry in my new home, I am a Yankee fan and NYG fan, where as my girlfriend and her parents are STL Cardinal' fan's and Dallas Cowboy fans....a little football rivalry going on lol....but thats about it..I am studyingto be a graphic/web designer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm a 24 years old French guy supporting the Mariners. I discovered baseball in 2001 during a trip to the US... and since then I'm crazy about that sport. I live my passion for this sport through MVP Baseball for 3 years now (even if this game has not been released in France :( ) and I've discovered mvpmods.com for a few weeks.

As a European I also like soccer (that I practice too) and I'm a die hard fan of Milan AC.

Bye

PS : The work you modders do is really awesome. Thanks to let me live my passion for baseball ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My screename, Sportnut1486, has been with me since my start on the internet in the late nineties. It simply means that i am a sport fanatic and the day of my birth and year. I really should update it, but i haven't thought of anything interesting yet. anyways, I am a junior at Northern Michigan University and i am taking up electronic journalism. My dream job is the play by play for the Detroit Tigers, but I also aspire to be a sports reporter, and create documentaries. Spme of my idols are: Ernie Harwell, Dick Schaap, Rick Reilly, Dan Patrick and many more. oh yah, by the way... I am only new to MvpMods and I love it!

Hi,

Just discovered this site 2 days ago.

My name is Marnix, 38 years old. Married and have 2 beautifull girls of 4 and 6 yrs old.

I live in the netherlands / europe. Have been playing baseball since i was about 7 years old. Same goes for videogames. I have owned about every console that came on the market, except for the current ones.

I used to play baseball games on the ps2. - they do not offer a lot of them over here. I like mlb 07 the show, great game. I realise they stole just about everything from MVP, but still i think its a great game.

Anyway, i obtained mvp2005 a few days ago. The reason is that my best buddie - i know him since 4 yrs old - moved to the usa about 10 years ago.

Now we want to play some games together online. We do play a soccer game online together but always wanted to play baseball online.

So, now we will try to give it a go. I played a few games of mvp2005 yesterday and am really starting to like it.

I could use some help/advise on the mod topic. Would love to upgrade to mvp2007 but am unsure which mods/patches to use.

Any help would be great.

Great site!!!

Well, here goes nothing

My Name is JL, my nickname is Pooky (long history, dont ask). I'm 17, and i live in Jersey City, NJ. I'm currently a senior in High School. I'm a DIE HARD Mets fan. I discovered MVPmods in June. I love playing baseball, i also play video games, chill out with my friends, and all that other good stuff

I'm suckign up the place in MVP so, im looking for help. I dont know what happened! :)