Welcome to MVP Mods
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

576 posts in this topic

Posted

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find this? I found it in one of the topics, but the link was broken.

Posted

Thanks! I really appreciate that.

Posted

How do you guys here make programs like LOCLook and MVPEdit? How do you find out how the program writes the information to the different files?

Posted

How do you guys here make programs like LOCLook and MVPEdit? How do you find out how the program writes the information to the different files?

neither of those were made here, contact the original makers. All your questions can be easily answered if you take the time to look a little.

Posted

neither of those were made here, contact the original makers. All your questions can be easily answered if you take the time to look a little.

Well, am I improving a little? Instead of posting a new thread, I posted in an already-made thread instead...

Also, I meant MVP2005 Editor, not MVPEdit.

Also, loclook says it was "NOT made by FuzzOne."

Is that being sarcastic?

Posted

Also, loclook says it was "NOT made by FuzzOne."

Is that being sarcastic?

I did that :)

It is a long long story, that does not need to be rehashed.

MVPedit was made using VB 6, if creates a database file from the roster.dat files. The gui pulls the info from the DB and lets you change values in that DB

Loclook was also made using VB 6

Posted

Who made loclook? How did you decode how MVP Baseball encrypted the text? (If you open it with Notepad/Wordpad, you get like junk.)

Also, how do you organize the data using VB 6 from roster.dat?

Btw, kraw, as mentioned in my other thread, I think I'll program in VB instead of MinGW...I think it's a lot easier...although there's dependencies...

And what would be the point of VB or any programming language for here? There's not many mods that you can make using them...

Posted

A) Use vb.net, it's a lot smoother, and tends to be the language of choice nowadays.

B) Roster.dat is not a "junk" file.

C) Use one of the sorting algorithims you may know to organize (if I am understanding what you mean by organize the data).

D) If I misunderstood, then what you may mean is how to get the data in each column, and for that I would say sort around "," and I think in vb.net is split(). It splits the string around the comma in this case.

Posted

A) Use vb.net, it's a lot smoother, and tends to be the language of choice nowadays.

B) Roster.dat is not a "junk" file.

C) Use one of the sorting algorithims you may know to organize (if I am understanding what you mean by organize the data).

D) If I misunderstood, then what you may mean is how to get the data in each column, and for that I would say sort around "," and I think in vb.net is split(). It splits the string around the comma in this case.

a. I am using vb.net (i'm experimenting with it)

b. I wasn't saying roster.dat looks like "junk". I said the loc files do, when you open with notepad....so how did they figure out how to read the loc files?

c,d. How do you separate everything in the file with splice? That's really hard to do...

Posted

Split function...google if you want, "split vb.net" (only without the quotes). The first result is very good, and the rest are pretty good.

All you have to do is read the file, and split around the commas, then you have it all done.

Posted

what about loclook? how was that decoded?

and what mods would i really need vb.net for?

Posted

No clue about loclook.

Anything that can be done with a gui, should (IMO) be done with vb.net. It's a very nice and simple language to code in, and it gives you everything you need, in terms of file manipulation. I don't know what mods you have in mind, but what you asked is very very vague, and I don't know how to answer it well.

Posted

well, do u have any ideas of any mods that haven't been already made on this website that would be worth having (using vb.net)?

cuz...most ppl just want uniforms and stadiums, and stuff like that...

how would vb.net help?

Posted

well, do u have any ideas of any mods that haven't been already made on this website that would be worth having (using vb.net)?

how would vb.net help?

I'd be working on em. In short, it wouldn't. You did something that people seemed to like, and you could have used vb.net, that's all I can say on how vb.net would help. Just take some time and try to think of something that you would like to see improved in the game, and then just think about how you can code it.

Posted

how would vb.net help?

I don't know if you could do this, but here goes:

A Stadium Editing tool that could:

-utilize ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe to easily turn a .ord and .orl file into a .o file and back (this would also be helpful for cyberface makers, so we wouldn't have to keep creating .bat files)

-automatically generates mip-maps in the stadium's cram32.fsh file (when you edit an image, it also resizes it and creates all the needed mipmaps and the alpha images to go with them)

-edits the index.fsh file contained in the cram32.fsh so that you can easily resize an image

Posted

I'm kinda confused...could you dumb it down a notch for me? I haven't done stadium editing yet...so i don't know anything about stadiums...and .o files...but i'll keep this suggestion. And what are the "mip-maps"? I should learn more about stadium modding first, should i? and what are (And where do u get) ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe?

I know that ronmexico will probably take this idea, but could you possibly reserve it for me when I start learning about it?

And...any other suggestions for applying vb.net?

Posted

I'd be working on em. In short, it wouldn't. You did something that people seemed to like, and you could have used vb.net, that's all I can say on how vb.net would help. Just take some time and try to think of something that you would like to see improved in the game, and then just think about how you can code it.

so i would be better off with cyberface/stadium modding...that kind of stuff?

Posted

I'm kinda confused...could you dumb it down a notch for me? I haven't done stadium editing yet...so i don't know anything about stadiums...and .o files...but i'll keep this suggestion. And what are the "mip-maps"? I should learn more about stadium modding first, should i? and what are (And where do u get) ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe?

I know that ronmexico will probably take this idea, but could you possibly reserve it for me when I start learning about it?

No, go ahead, I don't mind at all, hell, I barely understand it =D

so i would be better off with cyberface/stadium modding...that kind of stuff?

I'm not suggesting anything, just find something that you want improved in the game. I didn't like the progressions, I found where they were, and I like the game more now, cause I can play a dynasty without talent running out, since I like to play long dynastys. Do whatever makes you happy, whether it's something that won't help you in your game, or something that you wanna see improved.

Posted

search for Pirate's O-Edit tutorial in the downloads section. That should help you out a lot. If you still have trouble understanding, let me know.

If you could put a program like I suggested together, I would be truly amazed

Posted

also, if you don't feel like doing this, it's ok. Do you have any photoshop skills? We could really use another quality cyberface maker.

Posted

also, if you don't feel like doing this, it's ok. Do you have any photoshop skills? We could really use another quality cyberface maker.

I'm a beginner at all this modding stuff...I don't really know how to use photoshop well...are there any quality tutorials on photoshop, or should I read a cyberface tutorial instead?

Also, about the stadium program...would it have to include a stadium editor too? Or just those 3 extra features?

Posted

With a few new members looking to learn how to mod,I have decided to open up this thread, as a way to keep all questions in one spot.

Enjoy.

Posted

What's a good tutorial for Photoshop? Because I want to learn it thoroughly for something like cyberface modding or something like that.

Posted

-automatically generates mip-maps in the stadium's cram32.fsh file (when you edit an image, it also resizes it and creates all the needed mipmaps and the alpha images to go with them)

dds photoshop plug-in and gfshmgr does that

or fshimage and gfshmgr does that

Posted

http://www.absolutecross.com/tutorials/photoshop/

Try this one, and there are a few others. Google will bring up dozens.

Good Luck.

Posted

Well, do you mean there's no just one tutorial to teach you all the tools? The only way I can learn is to make different objects in Photoshop?

Posted

Trial and error is the best way. Have a blast goofing around with all the different tools. But a lot of the Google tutorials will help out.

Posted

dds photoshop plug-in and gfshmgr does that

or fshimage and gfshmgr does that

So I just work on this:?

-utilize ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe to easily turn a .ord and .orl file into a .o file and back (this would also be helpful for cyberface makers, so we wouldn't have to keep creating .bat files)

-edits the index.fsh file contained in the cram32.fsh so that you can easily resize an image

Posted

OK. Thanks. Sorry for so many questions, but do you know whether learning to program in vb.net would really be of any use here? not many mods require programming...

Posted

Also, ChicagoCubs, do you want like a program that can do everything in OEdit PLUS these two features, or just these two features???!???!

Cuz I definitely do not know how to make something like OEdit.

Posted

There are countless utilities that could be made to streamline modding. you looking around to how mods are made or installed and see you you can automate that process.

Posted

This thread is a good idea, people can now ask their question without fear of creating unnecessary topics.

Posted

This thread is a good idea, people can now ask their question without fear of creating unnecessary topics.

That's what I figured, and it will keep the forums less jumbled.

Posted

There are countless utilities that could be made to streamline modding. you looking around to how mods are made or installed and see you you can automate that process.

like what?

Posted

What's a good tutorial for Photoshop? Because I want to learn it thoroughly for something like cyberface modding or something like that.

No kidding, but one of the craziest sites I have seen in terms of tutorials is Good-Tutorials.com. But I recommend you take a basics tutorial first - once you do that you can try doing some of the tutorials they link to.

Posted

No kidding, but one of the craziest sites I have seen in terms of tutorials is Good-Tutorials.com. But I recommend you take a basics tutorial first - once you do that you can try doing some of the tutorials they link to.

What do you mean by basic skills? And what tutorial do you recommend?

Posted

Basic Skills means, just learning the basics of the program. the different brushes, etc...

Look, I don't mean to be rude, but we can't hold your hand on everything. Rather then post non stop questions on this site, go out into the World Wide Web, do some googling, and learn for yourself. I am sure you'll be surprised what you can find out on your own.

Posted

By basics, I specifically mean that you should learn what each tool is called, some of the shortcuts that you will probably be using, what tools *basically* do. It's really important to get into that stuff - it makes things so much easier, and when you learn a technique from something like a tutorial, you can change it up a bit to perfect it to your own liking.

And I absolutely agree with DJEagles - try some googling, learn for yourself. Not everything can be taught, some things you just have to figure out yourself.

Posted

Does it have to be an entire stadium editing tool? (Like OEdit PLUS these three features?

Also, could you clarify on these three requests? I'm not that familiar, even after skimming the OEdit tutorial.

Also, what do I do with a tool that turns .ord and .orl file into .o file? Would I have to rename any of the files?

So basically, I could need some clarification...

Posted

OK thanks.

Posted

If I release nfshtool as part of a mod, do I have to include all the 5 files included in the nfshtool download? If so, I think I need to fix my AllScreensMaker download...

Posted

Anyone have base 2x cyberface textures in all the skintones?

Posted

In pirate's OEdit tutorial, he says that I need to unpack a stadium .big file using this:

gfxpak -u jacoday.big cram32.fsh mstadium.orl mstadium.ord removable.orl removable.ord

and then I should delete the mstadium.orl and mstadium.ord, and rename the removable.orl and removable.ord to mstadium.orl and mstadium.ord.

What do these files do, and what is the purpose of deleting them and renaming the others to take their place? Why can't we just not create those files in the first place?

PS, DJEagles, I'm just posting this here because it was already started...after this question, I'll start posting in the Modding help thread.

Posted

I'm sorry, I just can't find the answer to this question on google...

In C++, if I have a string named x, and I want to use x as the text to type into cmd, how do I do it?

system(x) doesn't work...

It's a little trickier than that. This is taken from my Models.big Creator program:

#include <windows.h>

STARTUPINFO si;

PROCESS_INFORMATION pi;

ZeroMemory( &si, sizeof(si) );

si.cb = sizeof(si);

ZeroMemory( &pi, sizeof(pi) );

string commandstring = "cmd /c eazip.exe +a "" + modelspath + "" "tempc*"";

CreateProcess(NULL,LPSTR(newtextstring.c_str()),NULL,NULL,0,CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE,NULL,NULL,&si,&pi);

WaitForSingleObject( pi.hProcess, INFINITE );

CloseHandle( pi.hProcess );

CloseHandle( pi.hThread );

Note: Everything after eazip.exe (but on the same line) are the command line options for eazip. (modelspath is another string)

Note: The /c option in "cmd /c" will close the console window after it is finished running.

Posted

I figured it out. Thanks.

How do I do the following command in fifafs instead?

gfxpak -u test.big cram32.fsh mstadium.orl mstadium.ord removable.orl removable.ord

Posted

I used fifafs, and gfxpak...

but in either one of them, how come I can't use *.big instead of test.big?

It doesn't work...

For fifaFS, I used:

fifafs -e *.big cram32.fsh cram32.fsh

It should get the cram32.fsh out of the big file, but it doesn't.

However,

fifafs -e test.big cram32.fsh cram32.fsh

Why?

Posted

Anyone have base 2x cyberface textures in all the skintones?

Kraw did take them away. Try downloading the MVP 06 models.big and taking some of the 2X default faces from that.

Posted

don't worry about the actual extracting of the files from the .big files, what I think would be most useful is a utility that would take a .ord file and a .orl file and turn them into a .o file, and back. To do this you need ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe. you then create a batch file that will run the program:

ord2o whatever.ord whatever.orl whatever.o
and another to turn the files back into .ord and .orl:
o2ord whatever.o whatever.ord whatever.orl

it just becomes a pain after a while to make all the damn batch files

Posted

don't worry about the actual extracting of the files from the .big files, what I think would be most useful is a utility that would take a .ord file and a .orl file and turn them into a .o file, and back. To do this you need ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe. you then create a batch file that will run the program:

ord2o whatever.ord whatever.orl whatever.o
and another to turn the files back into .ord and .orl:
o2ord whatever.o whatever.ord whatever.orl

it just becomes a pain after a while to make all the damn batch files

That would be pretty damn easy to make, wouldn't it!!! Would there be any point?