Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

No, but I suppose you could make them play exactly 82 games before, also I'd suggest 81 to balance it out. I wouldn't like the same time every day nor the rotating thing. Write a random generator function, that's like 5 minutes, and if not, then I don't know what to tell you.

What do you mean by "Write a random generator function, that's like 5 minutes"? I know it's easy to randomly generate something, but I doubt I can make a generator for the schedule, in the specified format as well, in 5 minutes.

What times would you recommend? Like would you like me to make like 5 different times and randomly pick from them? (If so, could you specify which times?)

And also, I meant 81 games...I miscalculated.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, what I meant was that you do: (This is pseudocode...)

Random Generate 1 or 2

If 1 is generated, string gets 1:30PM

If 2 is generated, string gets 7:30PM

PS, Aren't there also dusk games for teams like the Braves, making it not possible for your generator to work, aka Crashing the game.

Jeez, what I meant was that you do: (This is pseudocode...)

Random Generate 1 or 2

If 1 is generated, string gets 1:30PM

If 2 is generated, string gets 7:30PM

PS, Aren't there also dusk games for teams like the Braves, making it not possible for your generator to work, aka Crashing the game.

Oh, so you only two different times? Not more? (If more, could you specify?)

And I don't think the dusk thing matters...I don't think I have to type dusk anywhere in the schedule file, although I don't understand what the difference between the three mlb .dat files is, as well as all the commas at end of some of the three files.

The difference is that the game chooses one of the three schedules at random to use as your next schedule to play. No I don't want two times and the dusk does matter, cause the file asks for a game time, and dusk games are the ones played at 17:05.

EDIT: Mine doesn't have commas, just 4 boxes, meaning its something that wordpad can't read.

The difference is that the game chooses one of the three schedules at random to use as your next schedule to play. No I don't want two times and the dusk does matter, cause the file asks for a game time, and dusk games are the ones played at 17:05.

Are any dusk games set default in the files?

The 2007 schedule file (mlb162_1.dat) by Hory doesn't have any games at 17:05, and the mlb162_1.dat is different from mlb162_2.dat...

In Hory's 2007 schedule, the mlb162_2.dat dates are all dates from 2005, and his mlb162_1.dat dates are all from 2007.

Also, in Hory's 2007 schedule, the mlb162_1.dat file starts like this:

DATE,Time,Home,Road,Half

04/01/2007,19:05,StL,NYM,0
while the mlb162_3.dat starts like this:

DATE,GAMETIME,HOME,AWAY,HALF

4/1/2007,19:05,Bal,Bos,0

I need help installing uniforms, im making the mexican pacific mod and i cannot put a 3rd uniform to a team (im ussing AAA teams), when i insert the 034c index into the nfshtool the 0002.BMP doesnt appears in the black window that pops-up, only 0000.bmp and 0001.bmp, BUT when i look in the models file the u034c file is in there. Please help

Oh it wasnt, thanks homer.

EDIT: the uniform doesnt appears when i want to select the uniforms, and in EAGE it shows like this

...034.fsh

.....034a

.....034b

.....034c

...034a.fsh

.....034a

...034b.fsh

.....034b

there is no 034c.fsh file, but the 034c is in the 034.fsh, how can i fix this?

• 4 weeks later...

ok, my turn to ask a questoin or two.

I'm editing spring training stadium #1. I want to put a team logo behind the plate. At the very least I want to change the generic mlbpa logo and the other logo (can't think of that it is) that are down the first base and 3 base lines. I want to change these to a graphic of my choosing. There have been multiple threads on this already, but none actually expalining how to do it, except for venuday.big/venunite.big and that doesn't apply here. Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing the numbers and letters for the fXXX.fsh file...

how many pixels of space should I leave between each letter and number?

Because I have 2 pixels inbetween each letter and number at the moment

IDK if that's too close together or not

OK, I have a question (I'm pretty new to all this).

OK, so I'm using the Uniform Template from the downloads section (I forget whose it is). It's in Photoshop (.psd) format. I have it edited sufficiently and I want to upload it into the game (at least see how it looks). So what do I do from here?

- Do they have to be in a certain format to convert to .fsh or whatever?

- Do they have to have a certain name before they are converted?

- What about the pants? The template didn't come with pants...

- Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance.

One question - do I have to replace one of the existing uniforms? I tried to add my uniform in the "d" slot for the Red Sox using MVP Studio 2005, and it made my game crash when I used the Red Sox. I tried kraw's Installer, and that didn't work. I had to replace the models.big file from the disc.

The files are u010d.fsh and f010d.fsh.

Am I doing something wrong?

it depends on what models.big you're using. each team, except the blue jays can have up to 12 uniforms.

you should simply be able to install those with kraw's installer. did you play the game to see if it worked? the only thing you need to do is edit the uniform portrait screen. you need to replace the appropriate file. open the uniforms.big file in the frontend folder. look for the 010.fsh file. extract that, unpack it with nfshtool, and replace the appropriate pic with the one you want. repack it with nfshtool, then use kraw's installler to reinstall it into the uniforms.big file.

I need some help on using tywiggins' importer/exporter...I create a new folder in my documents, open the zip file, export the importer and exporter, start the game, load dynasty, alt-tab, open folder, double click exporter, the DAT files spill out into the new folder, then what?...I try to go into MVPedit and find the files but no luck, I try to "import", also try to "open", but when I get to the new folder that I have created, MVPedit does not recognize any contents in the folder, meaning, under the new folder heading the contents section is blank. As an aside I was wondering if it was possible to import a single cyberface from one dynasty or roster to another using this or any other downloadable tool? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...