Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

I am new at this stuff and I need some help please. I have been trying to get my MVP to work with the up-dated roster and the 2 patches (3 & 5) but it still does not work. Could you please let me know 1) where do I put the patches (what folders do I save them tob- do I extract them or just double click on it) Also is there a special order that you have to down load these items. I downloaded the Roster file first then downloaded the patches, but it won't down load patch 3 - it down loads patch 5 but the roster is still the same with all the old players. If someone could walk me through this I would really appreciate it. I have been working on this all day. Thanks for your help

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you modify a slider in the game, does it get saved to the datafile, or to your My Documents folder?

If it's the latter, then is it possible to change a slider like (bat contact, bat power) in the datafile, and where?

it saves it in your options.sav or dynasty.sav files

nothing to do with the datafile

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that I'm so stupid, but I never understood the difference between standard and plus rosters.

Are the audio/portrait IDs different in correspondence to the models.big?

Or something else?

Thanks.

plus rosters are to be used with certain models.big files that are released...they contain all cyberfaces whereas standard rosters just have the core included faces. On a side-note, the models.big files I'm referrencing usually have more uniforms included.

So it wouldn't be useful to make an installer for cyberfaces, right?

The end-user would end up changing the face ID anyway?

Also, is there a list of cyberfaces that people are requesting, but haven't been done yet?

Also, homer813, wouldn't it be great if somebody compiled a database of which faces' .o files have larger noses, bigger mouths, bigger ears, etc. so cyberface modders could query the database and find which face .o file is the best for a certain cyberface?

the installer would work just fine as long as they didn't change the id number. if we could all ever agree on a central numbering system it wouldn't be an issue.

there's a whole slew of faces that have been requested that haven't been done. each modder seems to have their own thread and most of those requests get thrown in there. i was looking through the projects section, and was thinking something like that would be a good central place to hold it. this way, any face modder could look in there to see which faces are requested and which ones have been done. don't know if anyone here would be willing to do it.

this would would really do me alot of favors when doing the classic faces. i know i've probably done faces that jscand and other modders have already done or planning to do. i'm not really sure on how that section of the site works, but it would be a good place if anyone was willing to tackle it.

as far as the database goes, it may or may not work. it would be a good idea, but in reality, for myself at least, when it comes to making new faces, it's a matter of being familiar with who's already in the game and recognizing which of them would make a good model. it's kind of something you get better at with experience. that or i will just ask for a recommendation from the community. but it's never perfect, so i end up using oedit anyhow, so i'm not too picky on it anymore. i tell you what though, if anyone is able to oedit the homer simpson face for me, that would be cool!

get a program called nfshtool. take your fsh file, drag and drop it into nfshtool this will create a folder by the same name as your fsh file, in the same location as your fsh file. open it up, inside is the index file. right click it to open it with notepad, and edit it as such. save it, and then drag and drop the index file into nfshtool again. this will repack it.

otherwise, you could just take your bmp file and the alpha and use kraw's portrait maker.

Those are for the MVPSavReader program, not MVP 2005. They will not show up in your game. Unless you use the SavReader, you don't need those.

So what does that all mean? If i use the savreader program will i be able to incorporate those pictures into my game? Sorry for my ignorance.. i'm so new at this its not even funny