MVP Baseball 1994 Released

Hory

wow...i always forget how different you can make this game. now this is what you call a total conversion. this is definitely a new feel to the game. very well done hory. i just destroyed the a's in the kingdome with a plethora of HR's! it was good.

you guys are getting me excited about all conversions. just makes me wonder what's on the horizon. has anyone expressed interest in making an all-timers conversion?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more question. I am getting a runtime error when I try to import the rosters in MVPEdit. Anyone else getting this? I've used MVPEdit a ton, so I know how to import the dat files, but for some reason with MVP94 I am getting an error stating that the changes would make duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Then it says change duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

Any ideas?

Stinky - Is it possible for you to compliment one mod without putting down others? First you make the following statement in your review of MVP 1994 on its download page:

All of us working on Total Classics 7 certainly appreciate your support for all the time and hard work we've put into TC7 for the last 5 months. :mad:

Then you make the following statement in your last post:

I'm sure that the '61 and '67 season mod developers didn't take too kindly to these words.

Don't get me wrong -- MVP 1994 is well deserving of all of the accolades it is getting. At the same time, however, all of these season mods are meant to compliment one another, not compete with each other. I know from talking to Hory that he feels that way as well.

In addition, until you actually try creating a single season mod yourself and see exactly how much work is involved, you're in no position to be critical of the work of others. To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Hory - Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I had to get this off my chest and stand up for all the classic modders. I'll step off my soapbox now and let the praise for MVP 1994 continue.

oh yeah... didn't realise that...

One more question. I am getting a runtime error when I try to import the rosters in MVPEdit. Anyone else getting this? I've used MVPEdit a ton, so I know how to import the dat files, but for some reason with MVP94 I am getting an error stating that the changes would make duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Then it says change duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

Any ideas?

Not sure what the problem is as the rosters import and export fine for me?

Are you using the latest version of mvpedit (2006.2)?

Anyway I can always post the .mbe files if you need them.

Hory,

Any idea why I can't seem to use the Box Score extractor while in Franchise Mode? I copied and pasted my original MVP 2005 folder, and installed the '94 mod that way. I played my first game in Franchise Mode, tried to run the extractor, the box came up, and then vanished...hope that makes sense.

Not sure what the problem is as the rosters import and export fine for me?

Are you using the latest version of mvpedit (2006.2)?

Anyway I can always post the .mbe files if you need them.

Actually, when trying to import the default "2005" 94 rosters I get that too.

The 1994 rosters with the real ages seem to work fine though.

I think it's something to do with the career stats.

Anyway I've posted the .mbe here.

by the way, if people were not aware there are two versions of the 1994 rosters.

By default, the "2005" rosters are installed in the mod, which are the 1994 rosters with 11 years added to the player's birth dates and career stats.

These rosters are best for direct ip & exhibition.

They can also be used for dynasty if you don't want to use the schedule updater or are not worried about the game year being 2005

The 1994 rosters with the actual birth dates are in the extras/Year Changer folder, these need to be manually installed and you must use tywiggins' Schedule Updater to play Franchise Mode with them.

I hate to seem nitpicky because I am truly grateful for all the hard work you guys have done in re-creating the baseball of my childhood, but I noticed that quite a few players are missing from the rosters that made somewhat significant contributions (at least in playing time) to their teams. For example, on the Marlins, the following players are missing that either played on the major league roster that year or were to become important big leaguers later in their career.

Jesus Tavarez

Darrel Whitmore

Rich Scheid

Terry Matthews

Jeremy Hernandez

Rich Renteria

Russ Morman

Bob Natal

Bryan Harvey

There are numerous others on other teams. I have no problems adding these players myself with MVPedit (at least the position players, the pitchers would be beyond my knowledge) and post an updated version of the roster online, but I have no way of making portrait files for them and would need to know the basis of the ratings system used to create the other players in the roster.

Yea, I still have around a hundred players to add to the rosters that made a major league appearance that year as well as a list of about 300-odd minor leaguers.

If you want to create players for the rosters your input is most welcome, there is a thread here devoted just to the developmemt of the rosters.

Hopefully with the release of the 1.0 version of the mod there will be a lot more input into the rosters.

I'd like to have the rosters accurate as possible so as well as additional players, any suggestions for more accurate batting stances, windups and appearances etc would be greatly appreciated in that thread.

by the way

The full list of players that made appearances for the Marlins in 1994 that are not currently in the rosters is..

Rich Renteria

Jesus Tavarez

Bob Natal

Russ Morman

Darrell Whitmore

Greg O'Halloran

Rich Scheid

Terry Mathews

Bryan Harvey

John Johnstone

Willie Fraser

Brian Drahman

Mike Jeffcoat

Hory,

Two big thumbs up for this mod! I installed it last night without a problem and shortly thereafter played a game with the Yanks vs. the Red Sox (Jimmy Key vs. Aaron Sele). Happily the final result was a 3-0 Yankees win, with Key and Steve Howe combining for a 3-hit shutout.

As others have said, from a visual standpoint, it looks like a completely new game. Each time I saw something new, it gave me ideas for the '78 season mod. I've got a list of questions for you that I'll be sending by e-mail soon.

Well it seems like you are well aware of the current state of the rosters Hory, you know as much if not more as I do. You guys are doing a great job with this and are really on top of everything, and I appreciate the amount of detail that I've already seen going into this roster. It's been nice to browse through minor league systems and see guys that didn't crack the majors for another three years in A ball.

Hory, did you use up all the cyberface slots for this mod? I'm just curious if there's room for more faces.

One more thing, not trying to get picky, but have you seen the All-star rosters? something doesn't seem right about them to me.

Hory, did you use up all the cyberface slots for this mod? I'm just curious if there's room for more faces.

One more thing, not trying to get picky, but have you seen the All-star rosters? something doesn't seem right about them to me.

There's definitely plenty of room for more faces.

And yea, the lineups for the NL All-Stars need to be adjusted a little, Bagwell is playing ss for some reason, I must have forgotten to fix that up, it'll be taken care of in a future roster update though.

Here ya go

I've haven't listed all the authors yet, but these are all the face numbers that have been used in 94.

ADDED

0002 Barry Bonds	homer813/rockp

0016 Roger Clemens	facetoface

0058 David Justice	VeeSmack

0065 Randy Johnson	EA/kraw

0080 Robin Ventura*		EA

0097 Andres Galarraga	cankey

0113 Tony Batista*		EA	

0132 Dante Bichette

0141 Robert Person*		EA

0144 Ellis Burks	cankey

0155 Darryl Strawberry	baseballfans

0161 Matt Williams	VeeSmack

0162 John Burkett*		EA

0171 Rickey Henderson	peterbernard

0177 Bob Wickman	EA/VeeSmack

0179 Vinny Castilla

0183 Roberto Hernandez*

0210 John Franco*		EA

0216 Jeff Reed

0269 Karim Garcia*		EA

0349 Kevin Mitchell*

0350 Carlos Febles*		EA

0358 Eric Young

0359 John Vander Wal

0472 Mark McLemore*	homer813

0479 Jim Leyland 	jogar

0491 Tom Candotti	homer813

0492 Alan Trammell

0501 Lenny Dykstra*

0505 Will Clark*

0506 Dave Stewart*

0560* Scott Erickson

0561 Ricky Leedee	terminatorkorea

0562 Brad Ausmus	AstroEric

0563 Andy Van Slyke

0571 David Nied

0578 Bobby Bonilla*

0584 Mickey Morandini*

0600 Andre Dawson	veesmack

0602* Kirk Gibson

0609 Mark Grace*

0616 Orlando Palmeiro	jogar

0619 Wade Boggs		jogar

0643 Todd Zeile		veesmack

0654 Ken Caminiti	veesmack

0658 Doug Drabek	homer813

0663 Deion Sanders	veesmack

0664 Don Mattingly	peterbernard

0665 Benji Gil		veesmack

0666 Albert Belle	veesmack

0667 Ramon Martinez	veesmack

0668 Tony Fernandez	veesmack

0669 Ed Sprague		VeeSmack

0670 David Cone		baseballfans

0671 Paul Molitor	veesmack

0683 Todd Jones		jogar

0698 Johnny Damon	jogar

0700 Trenidad Hubbard

0701 Paul O'Neill	baseballfans

0702 Kirby Puckett	baseballfans

0703 Cal Ripken Jr	baseballfans

0705 Eddie Murray	baseballfans

0707 Joe Randa		jogar

0710* Tony Gwynn	baseballfans

0711 Mark Wohlers	homer813 

0712 Dan Plesac		homer813

0713 Bob Welch		homer813

0714 Chad Curtis	baseballfans

0716 Tim Raines		baseballfans

0717 Scott Brosius	baseballfans

0718 Chili Davis	baseballfans

0719 Homer Bush		baseballfans

0720 Luis Sojo		baseballfans

0722 Graeme Lloyd	baseballfans

0723 Mike Stanton	baseballfans

0724 Ramiro Mendoza	baseballfans

0725 Marvin Freeman	cankey

0726 Howard Johnson

0727 Roberto Mejia

0728 Charlie Hayes

0729 Mike Kingery

0730 Armando Reynoso

0731 Pedro Castellano

0732 Angel Echevarria

0733 Walt Weiss

0734 Edgard Velazques (Clemente)DOUBLE can be overwritten

0735 Derrick Gibson

0736 Edgard Velazques (Clemente)

0737 Ront Gant *

0738 Generic

0739 Jay Buhner		homer813

0741 Harold Baines

0743 generic  glasses no mustache

0745 Willie McGee

0754 Gregg Jefferies*

0772 Cecil Fielder

0773 Russell Branyan	jogar

0774 Harold Reynolds	homer813

0775 Terry Steinbach	homer813

0776 Pat Hentgen	homer813

0777 Jose Rijo		homer813

0778 Eric Davis		homer813

0779 Brian McRae	homer813

0780 Brady Anderson	homer813

0781 Terry Pendleton	homer813

0782 Bernard Gilkey*	homer813

0783 Dave Henderson*	homer813

0784 Mike Jackson*	homer813

0789 Chad Mottola	dhinske

0800* Dave Winfield	jogar

0803 Michael Jordan	cocobee

0808 Bo Jackson		cocobee

0809 Mark McGwuire	Veesmack

0811 Jose Canseco	Veesmack

0819 Lance Parrish

0827 Chuck Knoblauch	baseballfans

0828 Joe Girardi	baseballfans

0830 Wally Joyner

0831 Brett Butler*

0832 Lee Smith		homer813

0833 Felix Jose		homer813

0838 Jose Offerman

0844 Mickey Tettleton*

0847 Paul Sorrento*

0848 Robby Thompson

0849 Jay Bell

0852 Darren Daulton

0861 Jack Morris*

0862 John Rocker*	EA

0884 Todd Hundley	   jscand

0867 Generic - Long hair black eyeshadow

0885 Ron Darling	jscand

0887* Orel Hershiser	bodhiball

0888* Dwight Gooden	bodhiball

0889 Chris Sabo		bodhiball

0890 Ryne Sandberg	bodhiball

0891* Ozzie Smith	bodhiball

0893* John Kruk		bodhiball

0894* Mac Suzuki	EA

0895* Mike Greenwell	bodhiball

0896  Tom Goodwin	homer813

0897  Tom Brunansky

0898  Jody Reed

Well Hory, the '94 mod has broken my heart about 5 different times already. Despite a very healthy pythagenport, my Expos are about 3 games under .500 on May 1st. So far I've had a 2 run walkoff when Wetteland was trying to close out the game in the 9th, a 14 inning battle with Petey vs. Jose Rijos, and just now when I came back from 6-0 only to lose on a Matt Williams homer in the 10th.

So, thanks? I've never had as much fun being miserable in my life.

Archived