MVP Baseball 1994 Released

Hory

I'm compiling one as well, if you want it Homer.

that would be great. i always like to know what's in each mod for my own purposes.

i'm liking all of these conversion mods. i hope you guys keep up the good work. hell maybe one day we'll have them all!!! if not, i'd like to see the all timers, 95, 97 and 2001.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone answer this question for me. How much disk space does one install of Mvp 05 take up? Because I know that the best way (and only way) to install these mods the proper way is to have a fresh install of Mvp 05 and then install the season mod over it. Ok, so how much disk space is a full install of this game? I want to put on TC 7 soon, and re-install 1961, along with '94 and '07 and who can forget 1967? (Wait, I can. A ninth place Yankee team, that's why) We are starting to talk about some serious space, you know what I mean?

just to give you an idea...i have several of them installed, including the original from the cds, and also a patched version just in case of any of these new conversions coming out. it makes it easy to install this way. but anyhow, i have mind listed at 1.33 gb. you can see in comparison to the others.

I just checked my hard drive. Here's what I have:

Default MVP 2005 - 1.3 Gb

'67 mod - 1.5 Gb

'94 mod - 1.6 Gb

Total Classics 7 - 1.7 Gb

Note that for the '94 mod and TC7, I installed all of the modded stadiums that I was able to download from MVPMods, in addition to the ones included with the installer. If you use the default stadiums, the disk space would be reduced. For the '67 mod, I believe that I only installed the ones that came with the installer.

I had the '61 mod installed, but haven't had a chance to reinstall it since I had to replace my hard drive a few months ago.

i've been ready for months now since they brought it up, and with hory and tebjr talking about their releases at that time, just got me salivating enough for me to purchase a new hard drive just so i could fit all of them on my laptop. i just finished downloading 61 and 67 too...

but back on topic. this 94 is rocking. i was in a nailbiter with the indians. god knows why i decided to be lou piniella, but i decided to give ayala a shot at the save, and what does he do? bam! three run walk off to albert belle. though the loss, i'm diggin the realism :)

anyhow, enough playing. i gotta get back to work on sutter for tebjr.

Playing this game has been laods of fun. I've been simming through dynasties with the marlins, who have some weird glitches (like essentially an unlimited budget after year 3), and it has been a blast stockpiling a lot of the great players of the 90's into the Marlins. Amazingly, what would have been 1997 was a WS year for me as well, although I had a firesale and traded Jeff Conine and scraps for Jim Thome and Manny Ramirez, as well as Sheffield and scraps for Larry Walker and Ken Hill. The only glitch that I have found is that almost all the young prospects who were in A ball at the time, despite very very high potential, have not amounted to anything save for Andruw Jones because he was so young.

• 1 month later...

you guys should pick up the sports encyclopedia (baseball) . it has every stat from every player from every team. i got the newest one so it spans from 1900-2005. it would be perfect for you guys making the classic mods. obviously the only thing it doesnt have is the minor league rosters

I'm loving this mod, but have one technical problem with the game.

For some reason when I am in my franchise, and I try to simulate the season, the game just crashes. Anybody know how to prevent this from crashing?

It doesn't crash for me.

If you are running your dynasty starting in year '2005' you should use the default rosters installed which have the ages adjusted to 2005.

If you run your dynasty in year '1994' using the included Year Changer utility you should use the 1994 Rosters in MVP Baseball 1994extrasYear Changer

It doesn't crash for me.

If you are running your dynasty starting in year '2005' you should use the default rosters installed which have the ages adjusted to 2005.

If you run your dynasty in year '1994' using the included Year Changer utility you should use the 1994 Rosters in MVP Baseball 1994extrasYear Changer

I was using the schedule changer, but I guess I was using the wrong rosters.

I've done what you told me to do and now we are in business. :smile:

Thank you Hory.

I'm currently working in a sports store for the summer, and in the rafters of our store is a 1994 Authentic Jays jersey. It has the 125 anniversery patch, and just seeing that jersey there makes me want to play this mod.

EDIT: It's still crashing when I try to get to the player progression page.

Hey guys...I'm new here and this is my first post on the board, so you might have gotten this question a lot. If you have, I apologize. For this mod (which is awesome), I use the hitter's eye view when both hitting and pitching, but my pitching meter is off to the right side when I'm pitching. I've heard about the meter problems for the 07 mod, but not this one, and I didn't want to download any of the fixes for that one and use it on 1994 because I'm afraid it will screw something up. If someone could help me get the meter over the pitcher like it should be, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Is there anyway to run this without getting rid of 07?

fresh install i believe

also, one thing i noticed in this mod is everytime i play a game at the kingdome its actually raining inside the dome. but the problem is the game crashes after about an inning. this is the only stadium thats crashed on me so far. anyone else have this happen?

EDIT: It's still crashing when I try to get to the player progression page.

There's special instructions to follow when you reach Spring Training in '1995' to get around that crash, check the text file in the Year Changer folder for full instructions.

Although there are issues when reaching Spring Training 1996 which I have still not resolved.

Hey guys...I'm new here and this is my first post on the board, so you might have gotten this question a lot. If you have, I apologize. For this mod (which is awesome), I use the hitter's eye view when both hitting and pitching, but my pitching meter is off to the right side when I'm pitching. I've heard about the meter problems for the 07 mod, but not this one, and I didn't want to download any of the fixes for that one and use it on 1994 because I'm afraid it will screw something up. If someone could help me get the meter over the pitcher like it should be, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

The reason for the positioning of the meter is so that it is usable on all the different views, I myself use hitters eye and don't find it distracting.

You can try the 07 fixes but I'm fairly certain it will mess everything up.

I can try and reposition it exclusively for you if that doesn't work out and you can't get used to it.

Is there a way to get this into a save so i can just load these rosters every time i want to use them?

No, since the game contains hundreds of modded faces a save file will crash or the faces will look weird of you load it within vanilla mvp.

Is there anyway to run this without getting rid of 07?

Yes. Installing the game will not affect your 07 install as long as 1994 is installed to it's own directory, e.g 'MVP Baseball 1994'

also, one thing i noticed in this mod is everytime i play a game at the kingdome its actually raining inside the dome. but the problem is the game crashes after about an inning. this is the only stadium thats crashed on me so far. anyone else have this happen?

I've had Kingdome crash once, though at the time, I though it was cyberface related.

I will investigate to see whether there is any way to turn off the Safeco Field rain (Kingdome uses Safeco's slot), I wonder if this happens at Astrodome (Minute Maid) too?

If not, I will come up with a workaround, and include it in the upcoming MVP 94 Patch.

Archived