Hoop27's MVP 07 Allstar Sliders V1.1

Hoop27

Hoop27's Allstar Sliders with the MVP 07 mod V1.1 (MVP 07 Datafile and MD's datafiles)

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 15

Pitch Speed: -5

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 8

User Pitcher Fatigue: -17

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -1

User Pitch Control: -15

CPU Pitch Control: 10

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: -18

CPU Batting Contact: -11

User Batting Power: 10

CPU Batting Power: -35

User Bunting Ability: 5

CPU Bunting Ability: -7

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -25

User OF Speed (Manual & MVP): 2

CPU OF Speed: 2

User IF Speed (Manual & MVP): 0

CPU IF Speed: 0

User Throw Speed: 0

CPU Throw Speed: -0

User Throw Accuracy: 0

CPU Throw Accuracy: -15

User Catch Errors: 15

CPU Catch Errors: 35

User Dive Difficulty: 0

CPU Catch Effort: -15

User Baserunning Speed: 1

CPU Baserunning Speed: 1

User Runner Aggression: 0

CPU Runner Aggression: -7

User Runner Steal Speed: 1

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 1

User Runner Steal Delay: -3

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -3

CPU Steal Rate: 7

Runner Injury Frequency: 0

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0

Batter Injury Frequency: 0

Fielder Injury Frequency: 0

Pitching MG Difference: 5

Verison 1.0 It's based off of the MVP 06 slider set I did but I was finding it a bit too easy.

V 1.1 Just a couple little tweaks.

As with all sliders these are a guideline which I believe you should modify to suit your own

style of gameplay.

And of course my thanks to all the great modders that contributed to the 07 mod You guys rock!

Hoop27's PRO/ALLSTAR Sliders with the MVP 07 mod V3.0 (Kumala's updated datafile)

another datafile another update :D

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 50

Pitch Speed: -5

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 19

User Pitcher Fatigue: -2

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 5

User Pitch Control: -40

CPU Pitch Control: -25

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: 15

CPU Batting Contact: 15

User Batting Power: 15

CPU Batting Power: 20

User Bunting Ability: 5

CPU Bunting Ability: 5

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -28

User OF Speed (Manual & MVP): -15

CPU OF Speed: -15

User IF Speed (Manual & MVP): -10

CPU IF Speed: -10

User Throw Speed: 0

CPU Throw Speed: -0

User Throw Accuracy: -5

CPU Throw Accuracy: -5

User Catch Errors: 10

CPU Catch Errors: 25

User Dive Difficulty: 0

CPU Catch Effort: -15

User Baserunning Speed: 0

CPU Baserunning Speed: 0

User Runner Aggression: 0

CPU Runner Aggression: -7

User Runner Steal Speed: -2

CPU Runner Steal Speed: -2

User Runner Steal Delay: -8

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -8

CPU Steal Rate: 0

Runner Injury Frequency: 0

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0

Batter Injury Frequency: 0

Fielder Injury Frequency: 0

Pitching MG Difference: 0

Verison 1.0 I'm guessing a bit blind here but it seems to play well.

V 1.1 slight tweak to pitch meter

V 2.0 Kumala changed his datafile to add more pop to the batters. still needs a little help imo but it's close! so changes to batting, fielding, and swing frequency.

V3.0 Starting to feel a bit like a mad scientist here. Changed difficulty level to pro and messed with damn near every slider.

With V3.0 I recommend the following settings for experienced players... Turn off all pitching/batting aids except for the pitch cursor which I have on fade. for newer players keep the aids on till you feel comfortable and I recommend the change for a tougher challenge.

As with all sliders these are a guideline which I believe you should modify to suit your own style of gameplay.

Feedback and Suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

And of course my thanks to all the great modders that contributed to the 07 mod You guys rock!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kind of shocked to see CPU Batting Power: -35

On the surface it seems like quite a disadvantage for CPU. Can you advise how you came to that setting?

One of the issues that to me seems far from reality is the speed with which the CPU outfielders run all over the place. Now I see Catch Effort at -15 and you have Catch Errors at 35, but CPU OF Speed is set at 2 as if they needed more speed, which I don't seem to understand.

One of the things that bug me the most is hitting it off the wall or over the OF head and it's scored an error because of what happens after the ball goes over his head or hits the wall and I'm robbed of a hit -- this really makes me ripping mad. So, setting Catch Errors to 35 makes me think that would increase the problem. Any thoughts on this issue?

You have User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 15 and User Pitch Control: -15 So you make the meter a bit easier but then make control harder, which is something I don't quite understand. Can you explain the logic behind that combination?

I was kind of shocked to see CPU Batting Power: -35

On the surface it seems like quite a disadvantage for CPU. Can you advise how you came to that setting?

One of the issues that to me seems far from reality is the speed with which the CPU outfielders run all over the place. Now I see Catch Effort at -15 and you have Catch Errors at 35, but CPU OF Speed is set at 2 as if they needed more speed, which I don't seem to understand.

One of the things that bug me the most is hitting it off the wall or over the OF head and it's scored an error because of what happens after the ball goes over his head or hits the wall and I'm robbed of a hit -- this really makes me ripping mad. So, setting Catch Errors to 35 makes me think that would increase the problem. Any thoughts on this issue?

You have User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 15 and User Pitch Control: -15 So you make the meter a bit easier but then make control harder, which is something I don't quite understand. Can you explain the logic behind that combination?

Well with the CPU power I just found way too many homeruns for the CPU if you made a mistake pitch, granted if you make a mistake it should get ripped but not a homer every time.

Catch effort as I have found relates to the number of diving catches (at least as close as I can figure it.) there were too many out of the box imo. catch errors at 35 is to cut down on the number of errors. OF speed at 2 is just a slight adjustment I felt was needed after a couple years of playing the game.

As for the error issue. I'm afraid thats a game bug and you cant do much about it.

A lot of people have had problems in the past hitting the pitch meter with the mods. The meter difficulty at 15 is to address that issue. (adjust it to your skill set) the -15 for control is a recent addition essentially I was just trying to find a way to get more walks without of course missing the pitch meter. What I have found so far is that I can still hit the meter but if I am not right next to the line the pitch will sail off a bit so if you try and nibble with 3 balls you have a shot at giving up a walk. (walked two in my last game which is huge for me.) There is a lot of potential to see that number go even lower.

Hope that answers your questions and as with the 06 version I welcome all feedback and suggestions with the 07 set.

Hoop,

You said "catch errors at 35 is to cut down on the number of errors."

Catch errors on the plus side is for more errors, not less!

hmm seems to work on my side lol I've seen a reasonable # 100 games into my season. so damned if I know why it works :lol:

hoops, love your sliders for all star, works great with my datafile. Just made some personal changes but thanks to you, great base to start with.

Good to hear that Kumala, I was using Hoop's sliders (in MVP mode) + your datafile: man was impossible to hit or pitch for me LOL, then I tried your datafile with sliders set ALL at 0 and it seems fine in PRO and ALL STAR, but quite less challenging (too much at user's advantage this time)

I Hoop (lol) that with your datafile/Hoop's sliders on ALL STAR mode I can finally play my playoffs, cause I was getting riped by the CPU and that's not fair :D

You two guys help us a lot to make this CPU-User battle be a fair one, guess baseball is the only sport that always tries to have a fair duel, and that's one thing I like a lot about this sport, it is a fair one, and if you loose you know there is just about 4 causes for it:

1-You were worst than your opponent

2-Your opponent was better than you

3-You got ripped by the umpires :D

4-Luck was not on your side and probably on the opponent's side

Anyways thanks to both of you for making this game better and especially more REAL.

Good to hear that Kumala, I was using Hoop's sliders (in MVP mode) + your datafile: man was impossible to hit or pitch for me LOL, then I tried your datafile with sliders set ALL at 0 and it seems fine in PRO and ALL STAR, but quite less challenging (too much at user's advantage this time)

I Hoop (lol) that with your datafile/Hoop's sliders on ALL STAR mode I can finally play my playoffs, cause I was getting riped by the CPU and that's not fair :D

You two guys help us a lot to make this CPU-User battle be a fair one, guess baseball is the only sport that always tries to have a fair duel, and that's one thing I like a lot about this sport, it is a fair one, and if you loose you know there is just about 4 causes for it:

1-You were worst than your opponent

2-Your opponent was better than you

3-You got ripped by the umpires :D

4-Luck was not on your side and probably on the opponent's side

Anyways thanks to both of you for making this game better and especially more REAL.

I always vote for #3 :lol:

are u guys using the new updated kumalas datafile with hoops allstar sliders?

I have tried in All Star also, but IMO in Pro it's closer to the real thing, and I've been playing for around a year ion MVP mode with MD's or KSM, Trues datafiles w/MVP06, then MVP07 / KGS/Hoop's sliders (I just checked and I had played 1270 games already, before trying the new kumala's datafile and Hoop's sliders, so I can see the difference I guess LOL)

I am very happy with this, but it's just 2 games, well .... playoff games, I will continue to play another season and then I will have more experience to talk.

thats nasty when you first start playing with the strike zone and pitch cursor off. I finally caved in and turned the strike zone back on. for me it made it easier to tell if a pitch was low or not.

thats nasty when you first start playing with the strike zone and pitch cursor off. I finally caved in and turned the strike zone back on. for me it made it easier to tell if a pitch was low or not.

Low Pitches? Haven't seen one myself yet, did you? LOL (that kills me, of course I have the strike zone off since ages, don't tempt me to put it back Hoop!)

Guess we are all fooled by those low pitches because there is no way we can see them in the game, would love to see MLB players hitting or taking THOSE on MVP, guess they will finish to HIT them OTP :D

Man I just Pitched a no-no and loose ! F****S***!

3rd Game of NLCDS

NYM (2-1) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 1 Final

SD (1-2) 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 1 0 1

W: Greg Maddux (1-0) L: John Maine (0-1)

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO PC ERA

John Maine (L, 0-1) 8.0 0 1 0 0 4 70 0.00

Greg Maddux (W, 1-0) 9.0 4 0 0 0 2 55 0.00

Play By Play:

San Diego - Bottom of 2

Mike Cameron reached base on an error (Maine covering first base error). (stole second and then third bases)

Khalil Greene flied out.

Jose Cruz sacrificed. (Mike Cameron scored)

Josh Bard grounded out.

1 Runs, 0 Hits, 8 pitches thrown

It's Baseball ! Thanks Kumala and Hoop's one more :D

the one thing I have noticed using kumala's datafile is you may want to up the hitting power for both sides. I'm still experimenting with it myself but my first 3 games with kumala's were 2-0 2-1 and 1-0 with me throwing a 1 hitter and 2 hitter. However the ball physics are amazing, i have a hunch that there will be a few more hits upping the batting power.

If that is the case I'll adjust sliders for Kumala's and MD's datafile (I use the same set for default and MD's)

Archived