Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

Yes, I'm also having issues with the game crashing while simming in dynasty mode. I've tried a fresh install, then 3 different rosters (Lunasonica, KD, & Epic) but it still crashes. It is never on the same date but I'm still stuck in the first 2 weeks of April.

This never happened with roster prior to this year's updates.

And yes, I do have the original disc. I tried it both with & without the disc (no-cd crack & ISO file) and the crash still occurs.

Unfortunately, nobody seems to be responding to these questions regarding these crashes.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My game now crashes in the batting mini game mode. It shows the player walking into the box and when it's time for the camera to switch, it crashes. What's up with that?

Well, its kind of hard to "Know what's up with that"... without knowing "what" you have done lately to your install. :wink:

Have you used MVPedit to change your installed roster any?

Lol

Well that's the case... I edited the legends teams and NL All Stars using notepad and a trick KGbaseball taught me (Thanks). I only imported the teams and switched the lineups with MVPEdit. It was all good before the switches. It crashes with whoever.

Lol

Well that's the case... I edited the legends teams and NL All Stars using notepad and a trick KGbaseball taught me (Thanks). I only imported the teams and switched the lineups with MVPEdit. It was all good before the switches. It crashes with whoever.

Figured so.

I ran a quick search "mini game crash(s)". Check ronmexico's post in the following thread. Contains some links that might help ya, and/or put you on the right path.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...game+crash.html

Once again, only you know exactly what you changed. Good luck man. :wink:

My game crashes whenever I try simming thru the minor league games in franchise mode. I have MVP 07 with the patch. It use to work, with no problems... But I reformatted my pc, and when I re-installed MVP 07 this problem started.

Hey guys...

I just reinstalled the game a few days ago, and tried to turn off the jukebox, but the game freezes up whenever I try to click the "Accept" button on that menu.

Fresh MVP 05 install, no mods, nothing, using the CD

Help?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing a dynasty for a while now. I think I'm well into June. Anyway my problem is when I started to play a game today the catcher for the opposing team was missing. He wasn't there while the pitcher was warming up and wasn't there when the game started. When the pitcher throws the first pitch to my first batter the game crashes as soon as the ball crosses the plate. I haven't changed anything or added any new mods. I can play an exhibition game no problem, it only happens when I try to play my dynasty. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know if there's anything I can do to fix it?

Anyone encountered a problem with "ntdll.dll" in Vista?

All the sudden, that module is the faulty one that stops the game from running.

I usually backup the whole MVP folder on a DVD so I wouldn't have to install every mod again and I tried to run the old .exe file from there and the crash at the startup is the same.

My game worked for the first couple of games after installing the mods but it now crashes whenever I get to simulating the other games when my team's game is done, and sometimes when I simulate up to my game. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Also, love the work you guys put into this, the game looks awesome!

My game worked for the first couple of games after installing the mods but it now crashes whenever I get to simulating the other games when my team's game is done, and sometimes when I simulate up to my game. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Also, love the work you guys put into this, the game looks awesome!

Some of the mods can't work together you always should make a backup file and try the mods one by one and see if it crashes then. Try downloading a other mod for the one that makes youre game crash.

Here's my problem. It's a little odd.

I am in an Owner mode and I get to this game. No matter whether I sim it or play it, the game CRASHES! I get a Visual Studio error.

Any idea why this would happen and how I can fix it?

PS: Torrent version since I can't find the game anywhere!

It's happening because you are using the pirated copy of the game.

OK :)

Was that a joke or not? Lol, but anyway, do you know where I can find a legal? I've searched everywhere!

And are you sure it isn't just a problem w/ my system? Because I don't want to pay the $80 for the game (yes; people are selling it for $80) if it is just a system crash.

Was that a joke or not? Lol, but anyway, do you know where I can find a legal? I've searched everywhere!

And are you sure it isn't just a problem w/ my system? Because I don't want to pay the $80 for the game (yes; people are selling it for $80) if it is just a system crash.

Just get it from ebay. You'll be $79 instead of $80. :D

Nope, it's not a joke. The same problem with the no-CD .exe file that was released has been reported for years now. It's nothing new.

I'm pretty sure we're all well aware of the prices the game is going for. Supply and demand.

Nope, it's not a joke. The same problem with the no-CD .exe file that was released has been reported for years now. It's nothing new.

I'm pretty sure we're all well aware of the prices the game is going for. Supply and demand.

No way to get around the no-cd.exe thing, eh?

I found out that the game is no longer made or sold (gay), so I have to get it on eBay for '$79'. :(

Oh well.

I have MVP Baseball 2004 for PS2, I guess I could play it w/o updated Rosters.

My game would start to crash at the loading screen just before you start a game after installing the Crowd Changer v 2.5, so after getting rid of it and using the backup files, the game still crashed, then I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, after that I reinstalled the mods I have(except Crowd Changer), and it still crashes right before the click to start screen. Any ideas as to how to solve this?

Some of the mods I have are KG 5.1 Standard, TheSpungos 2008 Uniforms, TheSpungos Black Braves Concept Jersey ,datafile 4.7+.

Archived