Official Video Game Thread

BigRog

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Game was okay at best. The only real high point was the ECW Extreme rules matches. Those are real fun and you will probably find yourself playing more of those then 24/7.Nothing quite like throwing Edge through a flaming table.

The 24/7 mode is a little bland.It is the same old stuff over and over. The storylines aren't as enjoyable as previous versions.

My main problem with this game is the same as 07. The new controls. To me it is a travesty that a button other than L1 is finisher. The controls had been the same since Smackdown 1. It makes the game less fun to me.

Verdict:I say it is a buy for extreme wrestling fans, a rent to casual fans.

kraw your word is god, but god an be wrong sometimes

1) this game was good at one point and still is. It is the most selling series ever for a wrestling game. Ive sold at least 30 pre-orders at my work

2) **** you. wrestling takes as much ability as football. you are actually getting hit in the ring. maybe not as hard as a street brawl but your getting hit. I knew John Cena before he made it big (not actually but my cousin works at his old gym so i met him about a dozen times. He still goes there now and then). Anyways he got me and my cousin tickets and backstage passes one time when Smackdown (at the time he was on it) came to Boston. Up close wrestling does not look fake AT ALL. i even got in the ring with him and Brock Lesner to see what it was like because ive always had a dream of becoming a wrestler. I've played highschool football and imo wrestling demands much more

Mick Foley who is a wrestling god has a number of legit injuries from just wrestling.

http://www.angelfire.com/md/mikeruic/mickfoley.html

ok now seriously... football doesnt have a script and its not bad acting. and also is anyone going to get rockband? that one is going to be a treat but the i got the 3 red lights of death so im screwed. o yea and crysis is going to be awesome... ign gave it a 10/10 for graphics. :D

so you and kyle got RRoD. LMAO at you two.

when rockband comes in ill try and get some screens for you. i do believe best buy has a demo set up at their stores. But if you guys want any specific upcoming releases talked about, just start talking and ill see what i can dig up for box art

yea apparently assasins creed is a disappointment according to ign... sry roger but i have no idea what the heck RRoD means... and what do you guys think i should ask for christmas? as in games... so far ive come up with fifa 08, call of duty 4, and rockband
the three red lights is the Red Ring of Death

I thought the Game was okay at best. The only real high point was the ECW Extreme rules matches. Those are real fun and you will probably find yourself playing more of those then 24/7.Nothing quite like throwing Edge through a flaming table.

The 24/7 mode is a little bland.It is the same old stuff over and over. The storylines aren't as enjoyable as previous versions.

My main problem with this game is the same as 07. The new controls. To me it is a travesty that a button other than L1 is finisher. The controls had been the same since Smackdown 1. It makes the game less fun to me.

Verdict:I say it is a buy for extreme wrestling fans, a rent to casual fans.

Well, i don't like the 24/7 mode.

I got Mick Foley's autograph on the box of Stranglemania when Al Snow held a charity wrestling event in my home town of Lima, Ohio (where Snow is from) Mick was awesome.

As for the game, I haven't really played wrestling games since those N64 ones and WWF Battle Royal at the arcade. Assassins Creed looks like the game I thought it would be. I have COD4 which is pretty sweet. Veteran makes me wanna throw the controller half the time, but I survived Ninja Gaiden so I think I'll survive COD4. Mass Effect is the game I have been waiting for. I know some people have gotten it at Kmarts already but Im willing to wait instead of go game hunting all over the city. From what everyone is saying it should be worth the money.

After that, I guess it's a time to wait for MLB2K8. Should be a lot better. As the MVP series progressed though the years so, hopefully, wlll the MLB2K series. There's minor league teams planned for 2K8 right?

I got Mick Foley's autograph on the box of Stranglemania when Al Snow held a charity wrestling event in my home town of Lima, Ohio (where Snow is from) Mick was awesome.

As for the game, I haven't really played wrestling games since those N64 ones and WWF Battle Royal at the arcade. Assassins Creed looks like the game I thought it would be. I have COD4 which is pretty sweet. Veteran makes me wanna throw the controller half the time, but I survived Ninja Gaiden so I think I'll survive COD4. Mass Effect is the game I have been waiting for. I know some people have gotten it at Kmarts already but Im willing to wait instead of go game hunting all over the city. From what everyone is saying it should be worth the money.

After that, I guess it's a time to wait for MLB2K8. Should be a lot better. As the MVP series progressed though the years so, hopefully, wlll the MLB2K series. There's minor league teams planned for 2K8 right?

im pretty sure that there are going to be minor league teams

i just realized, after i was just browsing through the marketplace, that the boss songs in Guitar Hero III are now available for Download for FREE. Those songs are the slash original song, tom morello original song and the Devil Went Down to Giorgia (metal version) final song

Archived