Roster Building Processes & Global Tweaks

stecropper

• 8 months later...

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread either, until now. Should come in handy down the road. The only thing I was surprised that wasn't touched was pickoff levels. Seems to be too many pickoffs in the game, especially cpu on human. I've dumbed it down a very significant amount (75%) and it seems more realistic to try it and the cpu doesn't nearly get the unrealistic amount it used to. Good for human v human too.

Height in inches.

So if someone is 6'3" tall, (6 feet, 3 inches), that would be 75.

12 inches in a foot, 12×6+3=72+3=75

thanks very much :)

also i would like to ask how create ratings for players from fielding stats? because i want to update ratings for my own roster

I don't understand a few of the global tweaks in the OP. For example, he has "Throw Accuracy TA < 5 then TA +4". Is it supposed to be "=4" and not "+4"? +4 would make someone who is a 3, a 7 and put him ahead of the 5's and 6's. Make sense?

Thanks for catching this finger check .......... it should be TA < 5 then TA = 4

Thanks for catching this finger check .......... it should be TA < 5 then TA = 4

Well Don, in all the years I've been using these for my single season mods, I never caught this mistake, and it hasn't had a noticeable effect on the stats when I sim a season. Perhaps when I make individual tweaks to get stats to look good, I am actually making a change to correct the issue. Looking back, I noticed two instances of the mentioned finger check:

For pitchers:

TA < 6 then TA + 5

For Shortstops:

TA < 5 then TA + 4

If the shortstop setting should be changed as you mentioned in your last post, does that mean that the pitcher setting should also be changed so that it is TA < 6 then TA = 5?

Well Don, in all the years I've been using these for my single season mods, I never caught this mistake, and it hasn't had a noticeable effect on the stats when I sim a season. Perhaps when I make individual tweaks to get stats to look good, I am actually making a change to correct the issue. Looking back, I noticed two instances of the mentioned finger check:

For pitchers:

TA < 6 then TA + 5

For Shortstops:

TA < 5 then TA + 4

If the shortstop setting should be changed as you mentioned in your last post, does that mean that the pitcher setting should also be changed so that it is TA < 6 then TA = 5?

Jim & daflyboys,

My Bad --- I went back and checked on my MVPEdit formulas and I did use the relative things available to determine Throwing Accuracy for different positions such as Assists, Put Outs, Double Plays etc thus there was a method to my madness developing the Throwing Accuracy MVPEdit formula.

However, I do recall that while developing my Global Tweaks for certain ratings I just wanted to get an appropriate ratings spread for certain ratings accross players and THUS the Global Tweaks for TA as listed on the first page of this thread are as I designed them.

So, I guess I have to Retract my Retraction and say there is NO finger check on that as previously announced.

I also recall that Throwing Accuracy was something I normally perform a very extensive Individual Tweak on each player relative to his position and Thus the Global Tweaks were meant to set the ratings as to best represent a good balance throughout a roster/entire .mbe file and then the Individual Tweaks were meant to really hone in on them being more accurate relative to an individual player.

Hope this makes sense ---- but bottomline Jim is there is no need to go back and make any changes as they are as they were meant to be to serve the purpose they were meant to serve.

I think a good example is the Outfielders Throwing Accuary Global Tweaks is something like TA < 8 then TA +2 which would make no sense for it to have been meant to be TA < 8 then TA = 2 ............

Take Care,

Don

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I would like to eventually do a 1971 league. I've done leagues and unis in High Heat 2003 with the editor and PSP 14. This is totally new. Could you give me a listing of the tools, etc. that I will need to input the rosters in. I tried to use the editor but it goes and tries to start a backup of my system. It was the MVP 2006 editor. It's VERY frustrating. I'm new to this site and I n-e-e-d h-e-l-p!!! I'm soooooooo confused here.

Thanks,

BRobby05

BRobby05,

That would be fabulous ! 1971 would be a very welcomed season.

For inputting rosters you likely should use Robert Glass's MVPEdit program. I think it can be found in the MVP 2005 Download Tools & Editors section. Also Dylans calculators are really good as well. Off the top of my head I would look into BIGGUI, NFshtool, LocLook, Walk-Up Music changer, InGame Music Importer, EAGraph etc ......

Jim can likely give you a list of the most appropriate tool set to use for almost any aspect of creating a full season mod.

Please feel assured that we will help guide you as much as we possibly can. There are some great tutorials here on mvpmods that will help you along the way as well.

Glad to hear about your interest ..............