MVPedit...

coldcell

For the life of me I cannot figure out how this works.

My MVP 2005 is unmodded in anyway. When I save the roster, it becomes .sav

Since MVPedit requires .mbe, I cannot open the roster file.

For some reason, I cannot use MVP2005Exporter.exe, even though I'm using Windows XP SP2

So I'm stuck unable to do anything.

So far, I tried downloading a .mbe file.

Then I create a player to test it, start the game, and export. Here's the thing... nothing changes =

So.. what should I do?

If you got my message before this, than nevermind, but for a repeat of everything - you don't try to open a .mbe - what you need to do is import the database folder from your MVP 05 folder, it'll be the button inbetween the open and extract on MVPedit, then go to the database folder in MVP 05's folder and then it'll put everything on the screen for you in a few short seconds

I'm sure that very few people are aware of this, but if you look in your MVPEdit folder (i.e. the folder where you installed MVPEdit), you will find a file called readme.html.

This ReadMe file is the MVPEdit "instruction manual" and it contains information about how MVPEdit works, how to use it, etc. Of course, like most instruction manuals, it's mostly ignored by people..... :D

Look through this file, as well as Mark's FAQ file and I'm sure you'll find the answers to your MVPEdit questions.

• 6 years later...

Hi guys

Just a quick question re MVPEdit. I downloaded MVP 15 and love it but unfortunately the Dodgers have made soooo many changes to their AA and A teams that i've basically had to go to mvpedit and update them. Not a problem normally, I actually have fun doing that   but after i export the DAT files back to the game, it lets me create my season etc and lets me get all the way to starting the season opener and then it crashes as the game is about to start, I'm wondering if there.s something I should be doing. I've tried running it as administrator etc I considered removing al of the relief pitchers from their spots (apart from the closer) but that seems a bit drastic. Will do if need be though lol

Any ideas :-)

Depends on what you did in MVPedit.  First thing is that you don't want to transfer a player who is in the SP1 slot.  Move him from that slot first and then transfer him as desired.  Also, make sure you have 10 fielders and 10 pitchers minimum per team.

Also, make sure that the minor league stadium you are using doesn't normally crash in an exhibition game.

Your welcome.  Also, as you move forward and make major changes, I would do a "save as..." and build on your versions since you can't un-do what you did as this is an Access based program.  This way you can go back to a version with which you are satisfied.