Song ideas?

piratesmvp04

Alright, I know how much you all enjoyed MVP Baseball 2008! We're currently working on making MVP Baseball 2009 a much better mod than the previous one. One of the ways we want to do that is by creating a new playlist. I already posted a thread over at EAMods, but I only got a bunch of oldies requests. Perhaps there are more younger people over here with younger ideas. Here's what I've got on the playlist for sure so far:

It's my Life-Bon Jovi

All-Star-Smashmouth

All these things that I've done-The Killers

Don't Bring Me Down-Electric Light Orchestra

We have 4 more slots to fill for the playlist, so get your ideas in, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Dropkick Murphys - For Boston (IMO they have many good songs that would fit the game)

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart

Guns N' Roses - Nightrain

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama

Alter Bridge - Rise Today

Pennywise - Greed

Rancid - Salvation

Social Distortion - Don't Drag Me Down

Saliva - Ladies & Gentlemen

Kid Rock - American Bad ***

I don't know.. maybe you'll like them.

As for the Donots' song I don't really like it. And Back In Black is great but I'm not sure if it fits well a baseball game. Just my .02. ;)

I replaced the Donots song with a Latin song suggested to me by a member at EAMods. It's in Spanish, but the tune's pretty cool, and I think it'll appeal to Latin American/Spanish speaking baseball fans. I also added a few other suggestions. Here is the final playlist. If anyone has any objections, please post here. Otherwise, this playlist is final and will be submitted to BigRog so he can get the songs for me.

It's My Life-Bon Jovi

All-Star-Smashmouth

Sabor a Beisbol-Victor Manuelle

Save a Horse-Big & Rich

Back in Black-AC/DC

Everything is Alright-Motion City Soundtrack

That list shouldn't be too bad. I have half the songs. Just send me the final list and I will compile the files for you in an archive and send it to you. Do you just want the mp3 files or do you want me to convert them with the ditty Importer and then send it to you?

That list shouldn't be too bad. I have half the songs. Just send me the final list and I will compile the files for you in an archive and send it to you. Do you just want the mp3 files or do you want me to convert them with the ditty Importer and then send it to you?
Thanks very much! I'd prefer that you convert them with ditty importer because that will save me time. If no one objects to the final list, I'll send it to your PM.

Thanks again!

After thinking about this for a little, I agree with rabbit that Back in Black does not go well with baseball, so I've replaced it with Stars by Switchfoot.

So, here's the final list:

It's My Life-Bon Jovi

All-Star-Smashmouth

Sabor a Beisbol-Victor Manuelle

Save a Horse-Big & Rich

Stars-Switchfoot

Everything is Alright-Motion City Soundtrack

WRONG, crashes like a bazillion times.

MVP Baseball isn't going to get any better then 07 with some changes like Hi-Res uni's/Dirt/Bats etc.

Time to uninstall it and get me a next-gen game.

He is talking about MVP Baseball 08 mod. there was no 07 mod for the 04 game. Before bashing how about reading the topic location.

I second what Bigrog said, and I add this:

Everyone who's played MVP Baseball 2008 has told me they like it and it is stable with Patch 1 installed. You're the first one to complain about it. If you have issues, why not posting your problems in the right thread: http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=33322.html instead of complaining about it here.

Anything rock is good. Nothing from MVP 05 or anything.

Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen

Tom Petty - You Wreck Me Baby

ACDC - anything, it's all good

Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench

Finger Eleven - Good Times

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again/Who Are You

Nirvana - Breed/Heart Shaped Box

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Social Distortion - Story of My Life

Pat Benetar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot

The White Stripes - Icky Thump

The Killers - All These Things That I've Done

Guns 'N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black/Gimme Shelter

30 Seconds to Mars - Battle of One/The Kill

As long as there's no rap/hip hop, I'm happy. The tunes for MVP 07 were terrific - very baseball suited - not too aggressive, not too mellow. Whoever was in charge of it for 07 did great, I'd have no second thoughts about letting them control 08.

I'm sure this has been touched on elsewhere, but would it be possible to upload your own ditties? I like other people putting it in the game by default because you find bands you've never heard of before, or bands you like and you find a song you've never heard from them before. Either way, as long as there aren't repeats from 05 or something, it stays fresh, so anything's good.

I think I need to clarify that I'm not looking for suggestions right now. I only want comments on the current playlist and any suggestions on what could make it better. I am not checking out any more songs.

Bigrog, I thought he might be talking about that mod, but I'm confused about what he said about it always crashing. I didn't think that mod would be that bad.

Archived