Dylan's Mvp Baseball 2005 Batter Rating Calculator - Support Topic

DylanBradbury

For the record, how many PA/IP should I put to assure that these penalties are not being used? I also don't see why Caribe needs a separate calculator, they're measuring the same thing, as far as I can tell.

Patsen, just to be clear, the penalties my calculator uses are different from the MVP Caribe uses. omardj38 politely asked for my calculator, with MVP Caribe's penalties. It's just a one-time project I'll do for MVP Caribe.

My penalty formula are always used and differ for each amount of ABs. It's been there for a while, it's not a new thing. Since you haven't noticed it until now, it shouldn't matter.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice.......i used import/export function and i got an error.... a player with those stats:

Ab: 1

G: 1

2B: 1

AVE vs. R : 1000

SLG vs. R : 2000

AVE vs. L: 0

SLG vs. L : 0

the program show me an error with the formulas or something like that.

This bug has been fixed. Thanks omardj38 for ponting it out.

As well omardj38, I'd be more than willing to modify my calculators with your penalties, just tell me what penalties you'd like me to use:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?s=&sh...st&p=588117

upsss...........Dylan.....i forgot something.......we apply the penalties indepent...........it means that if a player have this stats, they get this penalties:

vs.Right:

AB = 20

Penaltie: -20 points

vs. Left:

AB = 80

Penaltie: none.

with this, we filter the players that only have good number against Left or Right hander pitchers.

If you can use this in the program it will be great, but if you can't do it don't worry about it. We'll use your generator for the mod.

use this...........

1-10 AB = -35 points

11-25 AB = -20 points

26-40 AB = -15 points

41-55 AB = -10 points

56-70 AB = -5 points

71 or more = none penalties

When I get a chance, I'll program these penalties in, and PM you the new version. Should be done by the end of the day.

upsss...........Dylan.....i forgot something.......we apply the penalties indepent...........it means that if a player have this stats, they get this penalties:

vs.Right:

AB = 20

Penaltie: -20 points

vs. Left:

AB = 80

Penaltie: none.

with this, we filter the players that only have good number against Left or Right hander pitchers.

If you can use this in the program it will be great, but if you can't do it don't worry about it. We'll use your generator for the mod.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to add this to the program.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I realize that but in MVPEdit it has a box for Groundball %, Liner %, Flyball % and HR % and the 4 combined always add up to 100% and if they don't the program automatically adjusts them to be 100%. If MVPEdit went by what you posted above then either those percentages wouldn't add up to 100% or their would be another box to include strikeouts. I understand what you're saying and I agree, that is the correct way to measure that stat, however, in MVPEdit's case you can't go by that and be accurate... I hope you see where I'm coming from, not trying to argue it with you, but I think ya gotta go with what the program is written for... and that's obviously by the number of balls in play...

Yes, HR% is on BIP, not total ABs or PAs.

DB,

In regards to the hot cold zones (batting output), can you tell me what 0,1, and 2 stand for?

0 = ?

1 = ?

2 = ?

with hot, cold, and neutral being the answer choices.

Sure thing.

0=Cold

1=Neutral

and 2=Hot.

Sorry about that, I probably should have included that in the readme. Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the most recent from this site.

I'm sorry, I should have stated that it happened when I was using the inputBatting Generator. I was strying to calculate the ratings for the diamondbacks and when I pressed import/export on the ratings calculator I get this:

battingcalculatorerror.jpg

So then I looked at outputBatting.csv and saw that thhere was nothing past Bryan Augenstein.Then I looked in the inputBatting.csv and saw that most of Boyer (who is after Augenstein) batting stats where zeros.

EDIT: forgot to add the player's name.

I downloaded the most reason from this site.

So then I looked at outputBatting.csv and saw that thhere was nothing past Bryan Augenstein.Then I looked in the inputBatting.csv and saw that most of Boyer (who is after Augenstein) batting stats where zeros.

EDIT: forgot to add the player's name.

Again, it worked for me.

Here are Arizona's ratings: There was a csv file here, but it was faulty.

Wait one second, I made a mistake inputting the values into the spreadsheet, here are better results:

outputBatting.rar

Sorry about that.

Dylan First of all, GREAT work on everything you have done. I am trying to do the 09 Cardinals (MLB, AAA, and AA)for my unmodded xbox. I tried your new system, but I kept getting the message out all of the zeros and when tried to look at the output. There was nothing in the file. Is there a problem with using Excel 2007? I do have my MACROs enabled.

Thanks again

Luke

Dylan First of all, GREAT work on everything you have done. I am trying to do the 09 Cardinals (MLB, AAA, and AA)for my unmodded xbox. I tried your new system, but I kept getting the message out all of the zeros and when tried to look at the output. There was nothing in the file. Is there a problem with using Excel 2007? I do have my MACROs enabled.

Thanks again

Luke

Thanks for the praise.

Having Excel 2007 shouldn't matter, and you're good to enable Macros.

I didn't have any errors. You've got to make sure that the player's name in the roster table and the stat table on each page, match.

Here are the ratings generated for the Cardinals (MLB, AAA, AA, A).

Enjoy!

St.LouisCardinals.rar

Archived