Zer0 Sliders

mike360

* Slider set last updated on April 20th, 2009 at 8:30PM EST.

These sliders were created by me after I removed Inside Edge from the game. To remove IE from the game, remove all files that begin with the letters IE from your main game directory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following are the control settings I use to test my slider sets.

Control Options ( I don't know if the results would be the same if Total Control methods are used )

Pitching Control Type - Classic

Pitching Aim - Pinpoint Aim

Batting Control Type - Classic

Batting Zone Hitting - Off

Batting Batters Eye - Off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vista Users

Put file in " c:\users\your user name\app data\roaming\2k sports\mlb 2k9\saves\ "

Load the " Zer0 Sliders " file before playing

*if you don't see the app data directory, you have to go into folder options and select " show hidden files and folders "

XP Users

Put file in " c:\Documents and Settings\2K Sports\MLb 2k9\Saves folder\ "

Load the " Zer0 Sliders by mike360 " file before playing

Zer0_Sliders_04_20_0821.rar

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the biggest difference between these and your originals??

These make every game realistic and the first set doesn't.. These change the whole feel of the game and the other set doesn't. The ability to draw walks is big difference too.. The CPU batters don't automatically make contact when the ball is pitched over the plate.. more foul balls.. the ability to get a batter to chase balls for Ks.. it just goes on and on.. ya gotta try these sliders..

Thanks will try. Walks were a rarity. I actually don't think I recall an unintentional walk at all.

If you're patient at the plate, you can draw a lot of walks depending on who's pitchin'.. I drew a few already. I'm still waiting to get my 1st HR in my franchise with these sliders..

Just did a quick on inning test with these. I didnt swing at any of the pitches for the whole inning and I recieved 1 walk and a couple of 2 strike, 1 Ball counts.

The CPU, though, swung and hit every first pitch, I think this is a problem that no amount of tinkering with sliders will solve its something that needs to be adjusted by VC inside the game. I'll give these more of a test later on.

Just did a quick on inning test with these. I didnt swing at any of the pitches for the whole inning and I recieved 1 walk and a couple of 2 strike, 1 Ball counts.

The CPU, though, swung and hit every first pitch, I think this is a problem that no amount of tinkering with sliders will solve its something that needs to be adjusted by VC inside the game. I'll give these more of a test later on.

Yea, I agree that 2K needs to correct it, but if you play a game with these sliders, you'll see the AI batters do somethings you've never seen before.

Here's an example of a CPU vs CPU game with the Batting Success sliders set to 5.. for good measure, i'm gonna let the exact same teams go at it again CPU vs CPU with the same slider settings and see what the results are..

mlb2k92009-03-1213-16-45-97.jpg

mlb2k92009-03-1213-16-37-13.jpg

mlb2k92009-03-1213-16-41-27.jpg

mlb2k92009-03-1214-02-41-50.jpg

mlb2k92009-03-1214-02-49-30.jpg

mlb2k92009-03-1214-02-54-66-1.jpg

Here's a NON CPU vs CPU game ( same settings as above - batting success sliders at 5 ). I played as the Phillies in this game. It was a real good game.. From what I've seen in these last 3 games, it looks like setting the Batting Success sliders to 5 is the way to go.

mlb2k92009-03-1214-49-21-87.jpg

mlb2k92009-03-1214-49-27-96.jpg

mlb2k92009-03-1214-49-31-90.jpg

I tried your sliders in a cpu vs cpu game.

The Braves at Phillies

It went 16 innings and the starting pitcher for Phillies went 11, and the Braves starter went 13

Braves scored in the top of 16 to make it 1-0

Phillies scored 2 runs in the bottom to win 2-1

pitches: Braves 153 Phillies 161

strikeouts: Braves 0 Phillies 7

walks: Braves 5 Phillies 2

errors: Braves 0 Phillies 1

I tried your sliders in a cpu vs cpu game.

The Braves at Phillies

It went 16 innings and the starting pitcher for Phillies went 11, and the Braves starter went 13

Braves scored in the top of 16 to make it 1-0

Phillies scored 2 runs in the bottom to win 2-1

pitches: Braves 153 Phillies 161

strikeouts: Braves 0 Phillies 7

walks: Braves 5 Phillies 2

errors: Braves 0 Phillies 1

You guys may wanna play with the Batting Success sliders. I'm experimenting with them now at 15. 0 is too low. 5 may be a little too low. 10 may be perfect. 0 is too low because the amount and frequency of extra base hits and HRs is too low.

the only "problem" I had with these sliders when I tried them out this afternoon was that Kevin Millwood pitched a perfect game against the Orioles. I had no trouble at all getting them to chase junk out of the zone and thus it was a cake walk.

Speaking of walks, I was able to get Jeremy Guthrie to walk me--my first base on balls in this game. Only took 6 games and a change of sliders to get one.

I'll try again tomorrow, I suppose. If I can pitch just brilliantly again, then I'm not going to use them.

the only "problem" I had with these sliders when I tried them out this afternoon was that Kevin Millwood pitched a perfect game against the Orioles. I had no trouble at all getting them to chase junk out of the zone and thus it was a cake walk.

Speaking of walks, I was able to get Jeremy Guthrie to walk me--my first base on balls in this game. Only took 6 games and a change of sliders to get one.

I'll try again tomorrow, I suppose. If I can pitch just brilliantly again, then I'm not going to use them.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't pitched a perfect game yet, but I've pitched a 3 hit shutout, so I'm considering what you said and I'll see if there's any way I can tweak the sliders to fix that. I'm thinking it's a problem only 2K could fix with a patch, but we'll see. Maybe if you increased the AI Batter Success slider they wouldn't be so easy to pitch to - I don't know.

I got a beautiful game out of this.

Although I mashed three homeruns against Brad Lidge, back to back then a 2-run shot in the next inning to end the game.

I think that's rare. I use classic batting and pitching. What do you use ? Also, did you increase the batting success sliders ? I mean, I hit HRs too, but the most I've ever hit in one game was 2 and never back to back. Most games I don't hit a HR.

I've played a number of games with these sliders and they are the best set of sliders i've tried so far. I get very believable results in most cases. The good pitchers (both CPU and human) seem to be able to shut the other team down and the bad ones get tagged for more runs and hits. I even get the CPU to look at called 3rd strikes on occassion. I actually K'd Pujols twice in one game with Ian Snell. One looking, one swinging. About the only thing I think I need to fool aroud with a bit is my own hitting. I'm happy with the number of hits and runs i'm averaging, but I am getting like 12+ strike outs a game. I think I need to increase the user contact slider. Just have'nt gotten around to trying it yet.

I played another game with these last night (CIN at KC). I lost 2-1 but still only gave up 4 hits and struck out nine. I was able to collect 10 hits as the Royals.

These sliders have promise but I need to tweak them a bit for myself. Plus, I should probably just wait for the patch and see how well they "fix" things.

I've played a number of games with these sliders and they are the best set of sliders i've tried so far. I get very believable results in most cases. The good pitchers (both CPU and human) seem to be able to shut the other team down and the bad ones get tagged for more runs and hits. I even get the CPU to look at called 3rd strikes on occassion. I actually K'd Pujols twice in one game with Ian Snell. One looking, one swinging. About the only thing I think I need to fool aroud with a bit is my own hitting. I'm happy with the number of hits and runs i'm averaging, but I am getting like 12+ strike outs a game. I think I need to increase the user contact slider. Just have'nt gotten around to trying it yet.

If pitching to the AI batters seems easy, increasy the AI batter success slider and / or increase the AI pitch success slider...

I played another game with these last night (CIN at KC). I lost 2-1 but still only gave up 4 hits and struck out nine. I was able to collect 10 hits as the Royals.

These sliders have promise but I need to tweak them a bit for myself. Plus, I should probably just wait for the patch and see how well they "fix" things.

You may be waiting a very long time for that.. just increase the AI Batter Success slider if you find it too easy to pitch to the AI batters. If you find it easy to hit the AI pitchers, increase the AI pitch success.

Archived