Total Conversion Mods

Yankee4Life

Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's a new PC game out and people here seem to be enjoying it. I don't own 2k9 and as of right now I don't plan on it. I really was going to get it, especially since I got a new computer and I can actually run it now, but it seems that every day I come in here I read about some new complaint with that game. Yes, I know, there's a patch coming out. And I'll be sure to read about how good or bad that is too.

When a modder like Jim825 uninstalls his 2k9 game and places it on Ebay, that tells me a lot. It tells me there's a lot of problems in 2k9 and that 2k Sports rushed this game.

When I read that Jim uninstalled his game, that gave me the idea for this thread and series of games that will be played in here. A lot of new people who have joined this site probably don't know much about Mvp baseball and are only concerned with the 2k9 game. They may not know how many great mods there are in the download section for Mvp. This thread will attempt to introduce them to the multitude of Total Conversion mods that we have here and to show them that Mvp baseball still has a lot going for it.

First up, the 1988 Season Mod which can be downloaded right here and if you plan on playing a dynasty, the 1988 schedule fix can be downloaded right here.

Video: Mark McGwire hits an infield single off Jack McDowell's glove.

Screenshots:

Total Classics 1988!

Here's Jose Canseco before he started writing books.

Main view of the 1988 mod. The overlay is fantastic. NBC Sports did the games back then and they were one million times better than the FOX Network.

Dave Stewart had a rough second inning. Here, he throws a wild pitch allowing a Chicago runner to reach second base.

The inning gets worse for Stewart as he hits Steve Lyons to load the bases. All Chicago got for its trouble was one run.

Pitchers hit in my games. I don't like the DH.

One glance at pitcher Donn Pall in this picture tells you everything you need to know as Tony Phillips connects for a two run home run.

Chicago rallys against Dave Stewart in the 8th as they score four runs to pull within one run. This run scoring single by Greg Walker got the Sox closer.

Tony Larussa pulls Dave Stewart from the game and brings in Rick Honeycutt to face Carlton Fisk. Fisk rudely greeted him with a bases clearing double to bring the White Sox one run behind, 6 - 5.

But that is as far as they got as Dennis Eckersley came in the game in the ninth inning and set down the White Sox in order to save the game as Oakland came away with a 6 - 5 victory.

I've been trying to get rid of my 2k9 since I bought. It wouldnt run on my pc (mainly my fault), but it doesnt run on my brothers pc either (his is brand new).

I'm back playing my Top 100 Dynasty and playing mlb the show 09 (just a ps3)

I might have to check out the 88 mod, I want to play with the Cards and the Wizard again.

I've been trying to get rid of my 2k9 since I bought. It wouldnt run on my pc (mainly my fault), but it doesnt run on my brothers pc either (his is brand new).

I'm back playing my Top 100 Dynasty and playing mlb the show 09 (just a ps3)

I might have to check out the 88 mod, I want to play with the Cards and the Wizard again.

Tebjr did a great job making this mod. He didn't rush it and he set his own pace and it turned out great. I just gave you a glimpse of what's in it. Playing against the Cardinals in this mod means you'll have your hands full because Ozzie, Willie McGee and Vince Coleman, just to name three, will run all day.

nice work Y4L..this mod looks fantastic, I will download it tonight.

as for MVP, I just got the game in January, so I have been playing it for about 3 months now. I hate playing games offline, especially sports. However, MVP is just that good, that I don't mind playing the computer. The past 3 years well 4 if you include this years 2k baseball for the 360 has totally been a let down for me. Long Live MVP!

Tebjr did a great job making this mod. He didn't rush it and he set his own pace and it turned out great. I just gave you a glimpse of what's in it. Playing against the Cardinals in this mod means you'll have your hands full because Ozzie, Willie McGee and Vince Coleman, just to name three, will run all day.

Oh I would be the Cards. I miss Whiteyball. '80s cards were fun to watch even if they didn't win all the time.

nice work Y4L..this mod looks fantastic, I will download it tonight.

as for MVP, I just got the game in January, so I have been playing it for about 3 months now. I hate playing games offline, especially sports. However, MVP is just that good, that I don't mind playing the computer. The past 3 years well 4 if you include this years 2k baseball for the 360 has totally been a let down for me. Long Live MVP!

You're welcome. But this was just the first mod. Later on I'll be doing another one. All I'm doing in this thread is showcasing once again the great work done by these modders on our site who produced these season mods for all of us to enjoy.

Man, Y4L, you need to turn some AA on in your graphics card settings. With a brand new system, there should be no reason for that many jaggies. :)

Tell me how to fix this and I will.

AA meaning what? I have not touched one setting on the video card at all since I got this thing.

Next up is the 1967 Season Mod which can be downloaded right here. Now, for some reason the Fenway Park day version (or I should say dusk version) still has a modded 2005 version of the park included in this mod. There is a 1967 version of Fenway that paulw and SeanO made and you can replace this stadium with the the correct '67 likeness by clicking on this link.

Rod Carew of the Twins. One of the greatest hitters to play the game.

Boston third baseman Joe Foy's throwing error lead to a three run inning for Minnesota.

Sox catcher Russ Gibson goes after a wild pitch.

Boston manager Dick Williams is ejected from the game. His argument was that Jim Kaat was out at second base, where the umpires ruled it differently.

Carl Yastrzemski, the player who did it all for the 1967 Impossible Dream Red Sox club.

Yastrzemski is forced out at second base to end the inning. The second baseman is Rod Carew.

Tony Conigliaro makes a sliding catch off of Harmon Killebrew's sinking liner in right field.

Tony Oliva slides safely into third base on a successful hit and run executed by the Twins.

1967 continued

Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington, Minnesota. The original home of the Twins before they moved into the Metrodome.

Even though Jim Lonborg bobbled the ball for just a bit, he was still able to make the play at first base to retire Bob Allison.

Red Sox second baseman Jerry Adair knows this ball is gone as he gives his team a 5 - 3 lead. The batter before him, Joe Foy, also homered to break the tie.

There was no quit in the Twins as Rod Carew (3 for 5 in the game) singles to center. He was erased one batter later on a double play.

Jerry Adair's second hit of the game was a well placed double to right field.

The Twins wanted no more of Carl Yastrzemski after this game. Here Yaz collects his fifth hit of the game - a triple. He finished the game 5 for 5 with two runs scored and two RBI.

Yastrzemski scores the sixth run of the game for Boston on an infield single by George Scott.

Final score, Boston 6, Minnesota 3. And George Scott (3 RBI) had a huge hand in the win.

Finally for tonight, the 1961 Season and that can be downloaded right here.

Frank Lary went 23-9 for the Tigers in 1961 as they won 101 games.

Yogi Berra grounds into a double play.

Jake Wood gets out of the box quickly.

Bobby Richardson is late getting to second base as Billy Bruton slides in safely.

Even when Mickey Mantle swings and misses, it's impressive.

Steve Boros dives in foul grounds and still manages to throw out Elston Howard

1961 continued.

More season mods tomorrow.

The Yankees score a run.

Roger Maris dives into third base with a triple.

Full house today at the Stadium between New York and Detroit.

Norm Cash cuts off a throw.

Tigers get the force out at home.

The '61 Yankees head back to the dugout. (Why are the names on the backs of the Yankee uniforms? I asked that very question when the 1961 mod first came out. I was told that the names were put on so the younger users would know who these guys were.)

Nice review and much appreciated.

As far as the Stadium alignments in the TC61* & TC67 Total Conversion Mods, due to those two being the 1st two initial Full Season Mods released the Stadiums were not aligned as they were in later Full Season Mod releases beginning with the TC78 release. In those initial 2 Mods TC61* & TC67 we were using the Classic Stadium slots for the modded stadiums but with the release of TC78 we began actually aligning the modded stadiums in the slots of the appropriate individual teams. At least that's how I recall things progressing.

There are enhancements in the works for TC61*, TC67, TC64 as well as TC69 at which time the TC61* & TC67 seasons will have properly aligned Stadiums for individual teams --- of course along with many other enhancements included to bring them more in line with the later Total Classics Full Season Mods.

And Yes, your memory serves you very well with why we intentionally decided to place player names on the back of those jerseys in those initial mods. However, they will likely be removed in the upgraded versions now that we have vastly improved overlays with information bars at the bottom of the screen that constantly shows players names.

Thanks Again for your review of these Classic Mods !

Don

Great thread, I haven't bought 2k9 and reading those reviews I'm not going to. Furthermore, there's a reason why this site is called MVPmods...MVP2005 stands out as the most durable sports game I've ever played. It's always amazing the fun you can get from playing this "dated" game,and alot of the credit goes to these incredible modders.

And, Y4L, I wasn't able to stop myself from clicking on your sig. :D :D

Edited by carpenter

As far as I'm concerned, MVP Baseball is the only game for PC and continues to be tops because of all the modders who make this game fresh and exciting every year. It truly is amazing that we can play this game with new rosters, portraits, faces, etc., and all because of the wonderful people who make it possible. My appreciation also goes to this site and eamods.com for making it all happen.

As long as I can lift a gamepad, I will be playing MVP Baseball.

As far as the Stadium alignments in the TC61* & TC67 Total Conversion Mods, due to those two being the 1st two initial Full Season Mods released the Stadiums were not aligned as they were in later Full Season Mod releases beginning with the TC78 release. In those initial 2 Mods TC61* & TC67 we were using the Classic Stadium slots for the modded stadiums but with the release of TC78 we began actually aligning the modded stadiums in the slots of the appropriate individual teams. At least that's how I recall things progressing.

Don - I forgot that I broke new ground when I aligned the stadiums in the TC78 mod. :lol:

Next up, the 1956 season which has been recently updated as of March 20th and can be downloaded right here.

Ernie Banks scores a run for the Cubs

Single up the middle off of Chicago pitcher Bob Rush

Even Hall of Famers make errors as evident here as Ernie Banks throws one away.

This was the best chance for the Phils to score but they were denied.

Backing up the play behind the third baseman.

Mr. Cub himself.

1956 continued

This ball was hit off Robin Roberts' shin but he remained in the game.

This Cub made sure a double play was not turned here as he upends the Phillie shortstop.

Great reaction by Chicago's Bob Rush as he catches a liner right back at him.

Partial view of Connie Mack Stadium, the former home of the Phillies.

He had it, then dropped it.

A great catch up against the wall in right field to rob a home run.

Winning pitcher, Bob Rush. Rush was the Chicago ace in 1956 as he went 13-10 with a 3.19 ERA.

Not that I wish to do anything to sully paulw's wonderful work on these classic parks, as he's done more for classics than virtually anybody, but you may also want to check out the new versions of Yankee Stadium and Shibe (though, admittedly, the shibe download is currently down, I need to re-upload the corrected file). Anytime someone downloads a total classics TC, it'd be smart to check for updates in the download section to make sure you're working with the latest version.