2k9 Gameplay Suggestions/tips

CircleChange11

what do you mean by turnink ie off? turning it off in the option menu or turning the slider down to zero? couse turning it off in the option menu should just disable visual part of the ie aka red, blue and green squares.

That is what I mean,

"couse turning it off in the option menu should just disable visual part of the ie aka red, blue and green squares."

Yes, I know that, but if you check carefully the way AI pitches when you have the option ON or OFF, you'll notice that when the option is ON AI will always pitch you close to the squares of the K-Zone for your batter, and if you get to a 2 strikes count, AI will only keep throwing pitches to that location until you are OUT, AI won't try to challenge you or try to stike you out with a Fastball chest high. Simply pitch you around untill you miss one swing.

Example of that, I was playing with Tampa and Carlos Peña was at Bat, I got a 0-2 count and then got it to 1-2 after that I hit 6 foulballs in a row before finally striking out, but all 7 pitches were going rigth to the IE K-zone squares, and none of the pitches were high fastball to make me swing at it. The pitcher was Josh Becket.

I have found that hr's are tied in with IE pitchers sucess turn it down. I have been testing this out lately and turned it down to 0. Hit 5 hr's in 2 innings without the Rstick. So thats not good lol. I have it set to 25 right now and am in the middle of a game have hit 2 hr's no stick through 6 innings I am thinking that a setting around 30-35 might be the sweet spot. At least for me.

How do you turn "ie pitchers success down"? I can't see this in the sliders options.

I'm last in the league in homers, so I need to turn this down so that I can catch up. If I can start hitting about 3 or 4 per game for about two weeks of games, I can catch up to the upper third in the league which is where I think the Cubs should be at.

How do you turn "ie pitchers success down"? I can't see this in the sliders options.

I'm last in the league in homers, so I need to turn this down so that I can catch up. If I can start hitting about 3 or 4 per game for about two weeks of games, I can catch up to the upper third in the league which is where I think the Cubs should be at.

First thing is, What sliders set are you using?

I use Darkspace's; in around 12 exibition games i've played, I've hit 1-2 homeruns per game all without leftstick.

That is what I mean,

"couse turning it off in the option menu should just disable visual part of the ie aka red, blue and green squares."

Yes, I know that, but if you check carefully the way AI pitches when you have the option ON or OFF, you'll notice that when the option is ON AI will always pitch you close to the squares of the K-Zone for your batter, and if you get to a 2 strikes count, AI will only keep throwing pitches to that location until you are OUT, AI won't try to challenge you or try to stike you out with a Fastball chest high. Simply pitch you around untill you miss one swing.

Example of that, I was playing with Tampa and Carlos Peña was at Bat, I got a 0-2 count and then got it to 1-2 after that I hit 6 foulballs in a row before finally striking out, but all 7 pitches were going rigth to the IE K-zone squares, and none of the pitches were high fastball to make me swing at it. The pitcher was Josh Becket.

Hmm, I'm a bit confused, then.

I don't see anything in the options that has anything to do with IE except for in the "Presentation Options" (turn on/off IE K Zone) and in the hitting sliders (human/AI have an IE slider, but not the pitchers).

So, again, when you are turning it "OFF" and changing the slider to "0", exactly which things are you changing? Or have I stated them in the paragraph above (Presentation options and the hitting sliders)?

I played 2 games with the presentation option for IE turned off and the hitter sliders for IE set to zero and noticed little change except for no more green, yellow, and red squares around the strike zone.

Thanks for the help!

Hmm, I'm a bit confused, then.

I don't see anything in the options that has anything to do with IE except for in the "Presentation Options" (turn on/off IE K Zone) and in the hitting sliders (human/AI have an IE slider, but not the pitchers).

So, again, when you are turning it "OFF" and changing the slider to "0", exactly which things are you changing? Or have I stated them in the paragraph above (Presentation options and the hitting sliders)?

I played 2 games with the presentation option for IE turned off and the hitter sliders for IE set to zero and noticed little change except for no more green, yellow, and red squares around the strike zone.

Thanks for the help!

I just turn the option "OFF", whith this I eliminate those color squares around the strike zone and also eliminate the consistency of the AI to only pitch your batters around the squares of the IE K-Zone. The IE Sliders a let them at 100 as explained in Darkspace's thread.

I'm going to have to turn ie off. With it on, Ordonez and Cabrera (Ludwick and Pujols too) just get too many doubles to the gaps, mainly due to constant low-outside pitches and good contact. Your big hitters never seem to get anything with any degree of plate to it. Watching baseball, it's obvious that they do get mistakes now and then, and they crush them. While it might be smart for a MLB pitcher to nibble like they do on 2k9, very few of them have the actua ability to do so. If they did, the league batting average mght be around .240

With it off (or a lower slider influence - disabling cards), some of those balls may go over the fence, while other may result in high, deep fly balls. As it is now, it's mostly lasers to the gaps. In back-toback-games, I have 2 hitters (Carlos Guillen & Ryan Ludwick) have 5 hits each, each one a HR shy of the cycle. With some more "pop" in the bat or a less "nibbling" by AI pitchers, they may hit a homer, but also more likely get some long flyouts, instead of laser gappers.

The constant nibbling has always been a problem with 2K and Inside Edge.

Earning player cards isn't that intriguing, and besides they rarely seem to save accurately.

Does anybody know what sliders to adjust to throw more walks? I am always hitting my spots but if I turn gesture recognition up, it just adds more mistake pitches in the strike zone rather than out of the strike zone.

I'm going to have to turn ie off. With it on, Ordonez and Cabrera (Ludwick and Pujols too) just get too many doubles to the gaps, mainly due to constant low-outside pitches and good contact. Your big hitters never seem to get anything with any degree of plate to it. Watching baseball, it's obvious that they do get mistakes now and then, and they crush them. While it might be smart for a MLB pitcher to nibble like they do on 2k9, very few of them have the actua ability to do so. If they did, the league batting average mght be around .240

With it off (or a lower slider influence - disabling cards), some of those balls may go over the fence, while other may result in high, deep fly balls. As it is now, it's mostly lasers to the gaps. In back-toback-games, I have 2 hitters (Carlos Guillen & Ryan Ludwick) have 5 hits each, each one a HR shy of the cycle. With some more "pop" in the bat or a less "nibbling" by AI pitchers, they may hit a homer, but also more likely get some long flyouts, instead of laser gappers.

The constant nibbling has always been a problem with 2K and Inside Edge.

Earning player cards isn't that intriguing, and besides they rarely seem to save accurately.

are you gonna delete it or just put it 0 in franchise mode?

Deleting it results in no 3-0 walks, or auto IF/OF shifts. I would likely move the slider to 5 or 10.

What I'm doing right now is giving MVP08 Cardinals franchise a run with resolution changer, no pitching/fielding aids, etc. I need a break (perhaps long term) from 2k9. It's too much work.

Archived