Welcome to MVP Mods
Welcome to MVP Mods, like most online communities, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry, this is a simple, completely free process that requires just some information from you to signup. Be a part of MVP Mods by signing in or creating an account. Get access to over 5,000 modifications for MVP, MLB 2K and High Heat Baseball FOR FREE! Become an amazing part of our online community to discuss baseball! Participate in the Shoutbox on our front page!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lights! Camera! Play Ball!

What Team I Should Use?   38 votes

1. 1. What Team Should I Use?

• Chicago Cubs
    • Minnesota Twins
    • Los Angeles Angels
    • Cleveland Indians
    • Los Angeles Dodgers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

Posted

holly.jpg

Explanation: Everyone has a favorite baseball film. I myself, can't really pick one due I think many are great including Major League, The Sandlot, Rookie of the Year, etc. While watching them and having already loving baseball as it is, watching baseball films gives the same theme as you get playing or watching with most of them dealing with the fun of baseball truly is. Also getting to know the characters of the film and grow to love favorites like Willie Mays Hayes, Henry Rowengartner, Jim Bowers, Steve Nebraska, Roy Hobbs, Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez, I can go on and on.. Now leads to my idea of this dynasty, where I will put together a team of those great characters you grow to watch in the movies, on your tv or computer and to see how they would compete in today's baseball. I wanted to create an unique dynasty and with my 1994 Dynasty file being lost and deleted unfortunately I wanted to start something new and different. So I put together a 25 man team of great baseball film characters and place them in the major leagues in todays world and play a season with them and see how it turns out. I choose various films to get players from, mostly the ones I know regliously, but be free to give input onto who you might also want to see on the team.

Poll: Now due to I didn't know what team to choose, I made a poll of teams that were the main teams in the films, and I didn't feel like choosing so if you are interested to help me out. Please pick the team you think I should use in this dynasty. I added the Dodgers for another national league team than it being 3 to 1 AL teams and plus LA is..well LA.

Roster: Below is a rough copy of the 25 man roster team I will use for this dynasty. There could be changes before I get everything underaway and like I said be free to suggest who you will like to see play in this dynasty from great baseball films.

Billy Heywood - Coach (Little Big League)

Starting Pitchers

1. Chet "Rocket" Stedman (Rookie Of The Year)

2. Steve Nebraska (The Scout)

3. Ryan Dunne (Summer Catch) I kno..i kno but I needed a lefty pitcher lol

4. Mel Clark (Angels In The Outfield)

5. Ebby "Nuke" LaLoosh (Bull Durham)

Relief Pitchers

1. Whitt Bass (Angels In The Outfield)

2. Jim Bowers (Little Big League)

3. Ed Harris (Major League)

4. Henry Rowengartner (Rookie Of The Year)

5. Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn (Major League)

6. Kenny "The Heater" DeNunez (The Sandlot)

7. Mike McGrevey (Little Big League)

Starting Players:

1. Crash Davis - C (Bull Durham)

2. Lou Collins - 1B (Little Big League)

3. Danny Hammerling - 2B (Angels In The Outfield)

4. Roger Dorn - 3B (Major League)

5. Benny "The Jet"Rodriguez - SS (The Sandlot)

6. Willie Mays Hayes - CF (Major League)

7. Roy Hobbs - RF (The Natural)

8. Scott Smalls - LF (The Sandlot)

Bench Players:

1. Jake Taylor - C (Major League)

2. Pedro Cerrano - OF (Major League)

3. Ray Mitchell - OF/3B (Angels In The Outfield)

4. Stan "Mr. 3000" Ross - 1B (Mr. 3000)

5. Gus Matthews - IF/OF (Benchwarmers)

Players That Will be In the Minor League Team

1. Hamilton "Ham" Porter - C (The Sandlot)

2. Michael "Squints" Palledorous - RF (The Sandlot)

More To Come...

Posted

LA! LA! LA!

Posted

What a great idea.... :clapping:

Posted

Definitely my favorite dynasty ever right here. One thing though, Ed Harris is in Major League not Angels in the Outfield :)

No love for Bad News Bears huh? Or for Rube Baker?

Forgot a couple earlier:

Jack Elliot from Mr.Baseball. Classic.

Or if you need some pitching, Billy Chapel from For Love of The Game. Not a fan of the movie, but just in case.

Posted

Awesome. My boy (8 and 2) have watched The Sandlot every night as they fall asleep for the last 1.5 years. Every night.

Bull Durham, for my generation, is THE movie. I'd bet almost every guy who played HS or NCAA ball when that came out, can quote much of the movie.

I vote Indians just so you can wear those 90s unis ... and Homer has made a Ricky Vaughnn cyberface, complete with "skull" black-framed glasses (eamods).

Posted

I vote Indians just so you can wear those 90s unis ... and Homer has made a Ricky Vaughnn cyberface, complete with "skull" black-framed glasses (eamods).

Agreed. And I didn't know that thanks for the information. That will be nice to have with the existing Major League movie roster.

Posted

No Billy Chapel? For shame.

Posted

how about the pitcher in Talent for the game the one who throws "105mph". :D

Posted

Definitely my favorite dynasty ever right here. One thing though, Ed Harris is in Major League not Angels in the Outfield :)

No love for Bad News Bears huh? Or for Rube Baker?

Forgot a couple earlier:

Jack Elliot from Mr.Baseball. Classic.

Or if you need some pitching, Billy Chapel from For Love of The Game. Not a fan of the movie, but just in case.

No Billy Chapel? For shame.

Yea I was thinking of Jack Elliot but I wasn't sure if I wanted to use him or not plus I already had a first baseman but I might switch him up in the end. And for Billy Chapel, I already had a plan on how I want to use him for later in the dynasty as you'll find out. There's plenty of people who I thought of, just might be using them in a different way later on. Anyway thanks for the the interest already and noticing the typo lol

Awesome. My boy (8 and 2) have watched The Sandlot every night as they fall asleep for the last 1.5 years. Every night.

Bull Durham, for my generation, is THE movie. I'd bet almost every guy who played HS or NCAA ball when that came out, can quote much of the movie.

Ah I didn't know he made a cyberface for him, that's good to know. I'm begining to figure out how to use MVPedit and dealing with that and such so I'm defiantly going to have to get that. That's awesome, thanks for the info and once again thanks for the interest much appreciated.

Also I will continue the voting till tonight and by tomorrow at noon est., the team will be chosen and I can start continue the process of this dynasty. Once again thanks everyone who voted so far, much appreciated. And hope your ready, as I am to get this dynasty rolling.

Posted

I know he was a real player, but how about Moonlight Graham from Field of Dreams?

Posted

Yea I was thinking of Jack Elliot but I wasn't sure if I wanted to use him or not plus I already had a first baseman but I might switch him up in the end. And for Billy Chapel, I already had a plan on how I want to use him for later in the dynasty as you'll find out. There's plenty of people who I thought of, just might be using them in a different way later on. Anyway thanks for the the interest already and noticing the typo lol

You could always put Jack Elliot in the minors or have him come over from Japan if you need a bat mid-season ^_^

The suspense is killing me lol. Good luck with all this.

Posted

You could always put Jack Elliot in the minors or have him come over from Japan if you need a bat mid-season ^_^

The suspense is killing me lol. Good luck with all this.

Haha yea that could be a possibility..we shall wait and see

Quick Update: Got most of the roster done, still got to mess with the cyberfaces a little and that be set. Also wanted to remind that the voting will still going tonight and it will end tomorrow at noon before I head off to work so I know what team I will be using. Thanks again everyone.

Posted

Hey, cool idea!

you should use the Washington nationals..... They're such a joke team....

Also,

for

Closer: Kenny Powers (Eastbound and Down)

Posted

Also,

for

Closer: Kenny Powers (Eastbound and Down)

I was thinking this same thing.

"You're f&#king out!"

Posted

haha yeaa there could be a possibility later on the season, that he might come in handy so I'll keep that in mind.

Anyway just let everyone know that voting ends in a hour, so if you like to vote I recommend you do so and after the hour, we should know what team I will be using in the dynasty. Thanks again for everyone that already voted, much appreciated. Also like to say the roster end of the part is finish with creating the players, now I just need to work with the cyberfaces a bit and than expect updates to begin and the season to get underway fairly quickly after that.

Posted

Quick Update: Due to the polls and the voting now ended, the team will be the Cleveland Indians.

Posted

Great choice. Go get 'em "Wild Thing"! :D

Posted

Quick Update: Due to the polls and the voting now ended, the team will be the Cleveland Indians.

Excellent choice. Wear those sweet 90s unis with pride.

Also, I just thought of another pitcher. Jim Morris from The Rookie.

Posted

Excellent choice. Wear those sweet 90s unis with pride.

Also, I just thought of another pitcher. Jim Morris from The Rookie.

Yea i'm going to pretty excited to wear those uniforms. It should be good. Ah not sure if I want to use Jim Morris just yet due to he is a real player, but you never know what could happen.

Posted

Just a little update, I got the roster all ready and set. So expect more updates coming up very soon, and the first game should be very soon also..Maybe by the weekend.

Posted

Heres a little preview of what the roster update will look like, same templates I used last time but different face..lol

rv99.jpg

Posted

Wild Thing! \o/

Very very cool, man!

Posted

That looks awesome. I'm looking forward to the season.

Posted

2009 Cleveland Indians Roster

Starting Rotation

1. #52 Chet "Rocket" Stedman

cs52.jpg

2. #36 Steve Nebraska

sn36.jpg

3. #21 Ryan Dunne

rd21.jpg

4. #37 Ebby "Nuke" LaLoosh

el37.jpg

5. #12 Mel Clark

mc12.jpg

Posted

Relief Pitchers

1. LRP #10 Ed Harris

eh10.jpg

2. MRP #15 Mike McGreavey

mm15.jpg

3. MRP #22 Whitt Bass

wb22.jpg

4. MRP #23 Jim Bowers

jb23.jpg

5. SU #26 Kenny DeNunez

kd26.jpg

6. SU #1 Henry Rowengartner

hr1.jpg

7. CP #99 Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn

rv99-1.jpg

Posted

Starting Lineup

1. CF #44 Willie Mays Hayes

wm44.jpg

2. 2B #2 Danny Hammerling

dh2.jpg

3. SS #3 Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez

br3.jpg

4. RF #9 Roy Hobbs

rb9.jpg

5. DH #13 Pedro Cerrano

pc13.jpg

6. 3B #24 Roger Dorn

rd24.jpg

7. C #8 Crash Davis

cd8.jpg

8. LF #20 Scott Smalls

ss20.jpg

Posted

Bench Players

1. C #7 Jake Taylor

jt7.jpg

2. OF #49 Gus Matthews

gm49.jpg

3. OF #23 Ray Mitchell

rm23.jpg

4. 1B #30 Stan Ross

sr30.jpg

Posted

2009 Cleveland Indians Depth Chart

dc2.jpg

Posted

Looks fantastic!

Posted

Page_2.jpg

I just did this within like 5 minutes..I know its a bit corny, but might be a segmant I might continue if you guys like this..lol

Posted

Looks great. Man you are righty heavy, especially in the bullpen.

Posted

this will be resumed very quickly!..maybe even the first game of the season tonight?! who knows depends how long I can keep myself up tonight lol

Posted

Opening Day: Cleveland Indians @ Texas Rangers

Starting Pitchers:

pre1.jpg

Starting Lineups:

start1.jpg

Posted

Opening Day: Cleveland Indians @ Texas Rangers

Postgame Report:

post1.jpg

Postgame Highlights:

p1h1.jpg

p1h2.jpg

Box Score

Notes: So here is the first game of the season, I wanted to get this going, I'm using my basic templates for now till I get time to do new ones for this dynasty so expect that soo too!

Posted

This is cool.

However, Hobbs is a lefty-hitter only (not switch). Actually the image of him hitting from the right side, burned my corneas a little.

Posted

ahh yeaa i knew that after i took that photo i thought something was weird about it..but thanks for the head up lol

Posted

Game 2: Cleveland Indians @ Texas Rangers

Starting Pitchers:

pre2.jpg

Postgame Report:

post2.jpg

Postgame Highlights:

p2h1.jpg

p2h2.jpg

Click Here For Box Score

Posted

Game 3: Cleveland Indians @ Texas Rangers

Starting Pitchers:

pre3.jpg

Postgame Report:

post3.jpg

Postgame Highlights:

p3h1.jpg

p3h2.jpg

Click Here For Box Score

Posted

I just remembered another potential ben ch player ...

mrbaseball.jpg

Jack Elliot

Posted

how about that rookie catcher from Major League 2?

minor leagues perhaps?

Posted

I just remembered another potential ben ch player ...

mrbaseball.jpg

Jack Elliot

Knowing Jack Elliot, I doubt he'll take a bench job.

Make him a free agent, and sign him midway through the season, 1 year deal.

LOL

Posted

Knowing Jack Elliot, I doubt he'll take a bench job.

Make him a free agent, and sign him midway through the season, 1 year deal.

LOL

haha yeaa I still have in the mind, I still got plenty of players still in mind just in case of injuries including squints and porter for sandlot and of course jack elliot also. We'll just see how the season goes. I wish there was more lefty pitchers tho I'll say that.

Posted

Game 4: Toronto Blue Jays @ Cleveland Indians

Starting Pitchers:

pre4.jpg

Starting Lineups:

series2.jpg

Posted

Game 4: Toronto Blue Jays @ Cleveland Indians

Postgame Report:

post4.jpg

Postgame Highlights:

p4h1.jpg

p4h2.jpg

p4h3.jpg

Click Here For Box Score

Posted

Game 5: Toronto Blue Jays @ Cleveland Indians

Postgame Report:

post5.jpg

Postgame Highlights:

p5h1.jpg

p5h2.jpg

p5h3.jpg

Click Here For Box Score

Posted

[1] If you;re looking for lefties in the bullpen, you could create the lefty opponent from the Natural ... y'know the flaemthrower from Nebraska that's intended to represent the "Young Natural vs. The Old Natural" as Roy Hobbs current facing what he might have been. I don;t remember the guys name, but I remember he was form Nebraska. Actually, when I fisrt saw the name "Steve Nebraksa" I thought of that guy first, and thought "hey he should be a lefty" ... but then I remembered the movie "The Scout".

[2] I don;t know if you;ve seen the movie "Sugar" about Dominican players trying to make it to the majors, but there's also some guys you could from that movie.

[3] I think you have to change Ebby Calvin's 1st name to "Nuke", like how Dwight (Gooden) is changed to Doc in the classic mods. Remember, "all the great ones have nicknames" ... beats the hell outta 'Pokey'. *grin*

Posted

[1] If you;re looking for lefties in the bullpen, you could create the lefty opponent from the Natural ... y'know the flaemthrower from Nebraska that's intended to represent the "Young Natural vs. The Old Natural" as Roy Hobbs current facing what he might have been. I don;t remember the guys name, but I remember he was form Nebraska. Actually, when I fisrt saw the name "Steve Nebraksa" I thought of that guy first, and thought "hey he should be a lefty" ... but then I remembered the movie "The Scout".

[2] I don;t know if you;ve seen the movie "Sugar" about Dominican players trying to make it to the majors, but there's also some guys you could from that movie.

[3] I think you have to change Ebby Calvin's 1st name to "Nuke", like how Dwight (Gooden) is changed to Doc in the classic mods. Remember, "all the great ones have nicknames" ... beats the hell outta 'Pokey'. *grin*

Ah yea i defiantly keep that in mind with that pitcher, I got re-watch the movie to see who that guy was again..lol Especially when I just got an injury in my starting rotation even tho I know who is going to replace him in the rotation but I'll defiantly keep that in mind.

Posted

Game 6: Toronto Blue Jays @ Cleveland Indians

Starting Pitchers:

pre6-1.jpg

Postgame Report:

post6-1.jpg

Postgame Highlights:

p6h1.jpg

p6h2.jpg

p6h3.jpg

Click Here For Box Score

Posted

injury.jpg

Unfortunately my ace got injured in last game when a ball hit him from a line drive up the middle. Now at first I had no clue who I was going to make to replace him until I saw the schedule. Now I'm not going to name the player just yet but I will give the hint by how when the next start for that spot in the rotation lands against the Yankees, in yankee stadium..pretty simple

Posted

I was going to suggest him earlier. I guess we're thinking alike. The aging veteran grabbing on more bit of glory ... for the love of the game.