Increasing Home Runs Through Datafile

electro_cute

hi guys

i'd like to increase number of hr's through datafile. i dislike using the right stick and would like to hit hr's only using timing but with my current datafile (KSM) i'm unable to do this. does anyone know what should i change in the datafile to do this?

and one more question - i'd like to increase height of the camera in batting view 6. i read the tutorial but the pics are gone and i don't understand anything. what value should i change to increase it for a couple of inches?

For your home run problem , try this:

For those looking for a bit more offense or HR's may want to try this adjustment:

At the beginning of the Datafile, you'll find the <batter> section.

Three entries here (19,20, & 21) modify hit power based on contact being made in the batter's cold, warm, or hot zones. 

They are all set to 0.00 by default. Entry 19 is Hot_Power_Mod. This will modify the power of any hit made from within the batter's hot zone. Try changing this from 0.00 to, say, 0.20 or 0.25. 

Entry #20 is Warm_Power_Mod. Try 0.10 or 0.15. For entry #21 Cold_Power_Mod, you can leave at zero or maybe try 0.05.

These adjustments will globally increase overall hit power by a bit. Play a few games and then adjust up (for more power) or down.

You could also edit the second line in the datafile: 0xf3957227

values 40, 41, 42

40 = Inside Power

41 = Sweetspot power

42 = Outside Power

40: Inside Power: 0.80

41: Sweetspot: 1.00

42: Outside Power: 0.70

To increase the height of your camera, you need to edit the values for the y-axis, pitch and heading. Just follow the instructions given in the camera adjustment tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Related, though coming from the opposite end: is there a way to Decrease home runs through the datafile, besides changing the first few lines?

I tweaked the players so that they have a lot of power and contact, in order to simulate the feel of a fast-pitch softball game. However, instead of lots of hits and runs, which alone would be ok, there are too many HR's - average of about 7 per game....

Can anything be done through MVPEdit instead?

• 5 months later...

hi........excuse me the interruption......but where can i download the datafile tutorial spreedsheet?? i tried searching it, but i didn't find nothing.

Here you go. Includes the Datafile Tutorial and Layout Spreadsheet. Should you need anymore help, there are numerous discussion threads about editing the datafile on the forums.

Datafile Tutorial & Spreadsheet.rar

Archived