Do You Want A 2010 Mvp Roster?

kgbaseball

2010 MVP roster  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a 2010 MVP roster?

I've been on the fence during the offseason about whether or not to continue my roster. I've been leaning towards no for several reasons: 1) the MVP community as a whole is dwindling with better baseball games being made, 2) I have no interest (at this point) in doing new ratings for the upcoming season, and 3) time to keep the roster up to the standards I demand might be hard to come by come late spring and summer.

But I know a lot of people would be disappointed if there was no workable 2010 MVP roster, so perhaps I will do it if there's enough interest. Please vote if you want a new roster and I will likely do it if there is enough interest.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, without new rosters the future of the game goes in the tank.

Game, set and match. Without the roster updates, you might as well play Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball on SNES (which, btw, is hands down the greatest baseball game ever made). My point - if you're willing to do them, do it up. The community would love them done, especially me, but if you're not up to it, don't force yourself. 2K9 is balls, and The Show is meh, so the longer MVP has roster updates, the better.

KG, your rosters are great. I understand that they're very time consuming and demanding. Perhaps you could just do one roster for the beginning of the season?

Agreed. They're obviously time consuming. The player movement isn't hard to follow if you use MLB.com Transactions or something, it's the updated ratings that are difficult to make accurate that you've been so good with. Even one great update would be key, then if someone has a link or something that tracks MLB and A/AA/AAA movement so that we could do it ourselves, that might make life easier for you.

Love the one choice vote...lol. But, yes, at the very least an MLB update with maybe AAA and AA players that we know or believe could be called up at some point during the season. I think at this stage, if you get 75-100 "yes's", that would be a good number.

There is another vote elsewhere in this same page about which game people are using and you can check MVP is way ahead other games, and from my side I still like old MVP better than the others with all their fancy graphics, etc. but poor in the game mechanics. I think a good amount of people will say yes, we still find things to improve and I am sure we will find more to keep it alive, even after 5 years. But rosters is a key feature for enjoying the game and not many people like you (not for being absolute to say nobody) have succeded to keep it duly on date. Of course I know is hard work, I have tried by my self to make it for my own game and it is time consuming, tedious and needs a lot of information. So I understand your point, maybe you can issue it once at a year at the beginning of the season march-april, and maybe a second version in july-august if you feel like do it, but nothing more, besides make it in between have no sense as a lot of changes between teams takes place which is hard to follow in a short time. At the end I am quite sure a lot of people (including myself) will be gratefull that you keep the MVP roster yearly updated KG........Best regards for all

Absolutely, without new rosters the future of the game goes in the tank.

The future perhaps, but not the past. Total Classics will keep the game alive, at least for some.... ;)

By the way, I voted "Yes" for 2010 rosters, even though I don't play with modern players.

YES YES AND YES!!! I still play MVP almost every night during the season, and your rosters (and their accuracy down to A-ball) are the main reason why. I admit, I dont know much about roster editing, but if the rating are the major holdup, I'd be more than willing to lend a helping hand (as I'm sure others would be too) and help out with determining ratings and such. I just know I'd be borderline devastated if I couldn't get an accurate set of rosters for MVP this year

Archived