List Of Bugs

LoGatto

My biggest question is ,dont they have testers for thier games??

With all due respect to the ones that bought this year's 2K10 (and the fact that I had Photoshop open), I may have found the answer to most of our questions concerning 2K's lack of ability to put out a less than error packed product.

As much as it doesn't "seem like it", I honestly think they're giving it their best shot. That said, I certainly couldn't do better myself, and wouldn't have the nerve to ask for people's money for a half finished product.

But hey, it's only a joke, I'll be more than willing to get this game if they put out a decent patch. :drinks:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect to the ones that bought this year's 2K10 (and the fact that I had Photoshop open), I may have found the answer to most of our questions concerning 2K's lack of ability to put out a less than error packed product.  

2lo67g3.jpg

As much as it doesn't "seem like it", I honestly think they're giving it their best shot.  That said, I certainly couldn't do better myself, and wouldn't have the nerve to ask for people's money for a half finished product.

But hey, it's only a joke, I'll be more than willing to get this game if they put out a decent patch.    :drinks:

Keep in mind if 2k makes the game and there are no bugs, we would not have to chat about 2ksports here and mvpmods would not have as many posts for us to read,becasue we would all be to busy playing the game, so they have created a interaction game by bringing people together from around the globe to chat.

I am experiencing a possible bug in which my gamepad fails to work once I get into a game. It works perfectly in the menus, and I went into the options and mapped all the buttons properly, but when I get into a game and try to pitch or hit, the only button that works is the one mapped to start/pause, everything else defaults back to the keyboard.

The gamepad is a saitek p990, anyone else here used one of these successfully with the new game? I'm hoping I'm just missing something obvious here since the game's a bit of a disaster without an analog gamepad, and the gamepad itself obviously works because I can still pause the game with it and use it in the menus.

This happens to me with a good ole Logitech Dual Action I just unplug it and plug it back in and it works fine

I bought mlb 2k9 last year, the pc version that is. I think it lasted max. 1 month before i uninstalled the game.

I was lured into buying based on the graphics and the demo, my mistake, **** happens.

I then turned back to mvp, after a few games i didnt notice the difference in graphics anymore. Besides that, with the resolution changer mvp still looks pretty damn good. Especially the uniforms and stadiums. Some things start to look a little dated, but the game still stands strong, which is amazing for a game of 2005. This is of course thanks to the moddign community.

Anyway, i bought me a playstation 3 some months ago. Needless to say i immediately bought mlb 09 the show. (damn hard when you live in europe btw).

I know most ppl dont like the comparison to this game, since non ps3 owners cannot play it but its hard to avoid it when you own the game so i'm gonna say just a few things about it.

The game is very very good, but still some things are wrong with it. I'm 40 years old and have been gaming for as long a i can remember. I have 2 kids so i dont get as much gaming time in as i used to, in fact i'm getting a LOT less. That leads me to my first problem with mlb 09 the show : i find it VERY hard to hit. I'm always late on fastballs and early on the breaking balls. Yes this is natural, yes that what happens in the majors. But do to the above mentioned family cicumstances i realise i have turned into a casual gamer. Too casual to get the show's hitting done. So, for me that game is too much of a simulation.

There's something wrong with the pitching as well, its too random. 2 fastballs thrown with the same speed, executed perfectly (ending on the white line you are supposed to hit with the trhowing meter) and one of them goes over the middle of the plate (i mean dead center) and the other one is in the dirt.

Some will say again : there's realism for you. Well being the casual gamer that i am i dont like it. Its a game, and in the game i'm a major league pitcher so i want to hit my spots if i execute perfectly. There can be an inch of difference in the location, but it still should be down and away whenever i want it to.

Those 2 things take away some of the fun that's certainly there in the show for me. Other then that the game is fantastic. Graphics great of course, but also smooth as butter. I heard a lot of ppl saying mbl 2k10 play smooth as butter but i dont agree. I have only played the demo about 10 games, but to me it feels awkward.

Outfielders sluggish, infielders too, as if wading through water. Smoother then mlb 2k9? YES, smoother them mvp05? NO WAY.

Then there's all the other stuff that has been mentioned, such as super arms, which looks crazy.

There are also a lot of jaggies in MLB 2k10. I have the ps3 demo and that just does not look good. Ok, they made it that way inorder to improve the frame rate.

Yes, gameplay is more important then looks. But really i cannot see why we accept this with the current technical standards that we have.

They made the game more ugly looking inorder for it to play better.....i just dont get it. I prefer to have waited another year in that case. One thing mlb2k10 has going for it is the pitching...i absolutely love it. This is realism too, making the wrong gesture ends up in a ball or wild pitch, while perfect execution makes you hit your spots.

Well this post is getting way to long. I'm not going to buy mlb2k10. It is just not worht the 60 bucks for consoles. I feel i will end up playing another season of mvp05 and that sure is no punishment.

Most of these are not bugs, like #2, #5, #7, 15, ETC They were choices 2k made. bad choice but still a choice

some can be fixed with sliders like #4, 9, 19, ETC

and a few are just plain BS (at least the PC version does not do it) like 13, 21, 24, 25, 27, ETC

Not at all. Not in my limited experience with it this year (2 games is all I have played since I got it yesterday), or from anything I have read since it's release.

531 posts in 5 days, in the official bug/glitch thread

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/398802-official-bugs-glitches-thread.html

572 posts in 4 days for franchise bugs

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/399134-mlb-10-show-franchise-issues-update.html

Sony is currently working on a 2nd patch due mid April

531 posts in 5 days, in the official bug/glitch thread

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/398802-official-bugs-glitches-thread.html

572 posts in 4 days for franchise bugs

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/399134-mlb-10-show-franchise-issues-update.html

Sony is currently working on a 2nd patch due mid April

Yeah the Show has a ton of bugs and there are a lot of people that are disappointed with it, so let's not pretend that is the perfect baseball game.

Frankly I haven't seen a company top EA yet in terms of gameplay, but VC is at least giving the user more control with the way you bat and pitch in the game. You actually have to do some practice to get good at the methods, similar to batting practice or throwing bullpens.

And lets not forget, this is VC's 2nd offering of MLB2K.

EA's version of the MVP series was pretty raw in 2003, improved a ton in 2004 but still had issues (lefty bug), and after a few patches in 2005, finally became the title that is so revered today. But it still doesn't have 40 man rosters, nor the franchise mode that 2K is offering now.

There are some gameplay issues, but the games are certainly playable and the presentation is top notch IMO.

People see a bug list and automatically think "same 2K", but there is some major potential here, and 2K seems to be trying to make a good effort to fix the problems.

I can't speak for the pc ver. of 2K, but compared to the 360 ver., MVP still has more of that organic, unscripted feel to it. Still some better ball mechanics and overall better player movement (though we know MVP needed tweaks there in some respects). It was like the MLB guys went down the hall and asked the NHL guys for pointers on fluidity of movement. Mistake.

There are some gameplay issues, but the games are certainly playable and the presentation is top notch IMO.

People see a bug list and automatically think "same 2K", but there is some major potential here, and 2K seems to be trying to make a good effort to fix the problems.

True...Game is much better from a playable and presentation standpoint than the 2k9 version.

Much of the problem I have with the game is with the controller....Not very dependable.

2k needs to give up. Let EA back in the game, or give Sony a shot.

While I too am frustrated with the many bugs and problems, 2K is the only developer to put out a baseball game since MVP 05. As far as passing the torch to EA, they seem to be pretty much abandoning the PC market. NHL is still available on PC, as well as their NBA title and Tiger's game, but there was no release for PC of the prior Madden iteration. When asked, they said that it was a business decision based on the prevalence of piracy and was not a decision that would be changed in the foreseeable future and that the franchise would be solely available on consoles (nevermind that console games are just as easily pirated as PC ones, which kinda makes it a joke. Sony I'm not too sure about, seems in most instances that they are pretty content with the console market as well (in part for some pretty obvious reasons)So if you're a PC gamer and want baseball, 2K may very well be it. Let's just hope that they keep getting better with experience.

After some more time with the demo the game is starting to grow on me. Maybe it just takes a little getting used to.

I saw somebody write about how great the presentation is. And it is. But there's a number of small things that detract from this simply because they are not good.

Most of them have to do with the animations.

I really hate that move / stop / move animation. You catch a ball in the outfield, player stands still like a statue for a few seconds and then starts the trhow to the cut off man.

Hit a homerun and the rounding of the bases looks a little awkward. The player gets home, steps on the plate, walks, runs and walks again when he reaches the dugout.

Make an out at first : 1st baseman stands VERY upright, looks weird. He catches the ball, stands still, and then throws the ball.

Such a shame that these little things are in there, espcecially since other animations look pretty damn good. This is not good for the flow of the game and the feeling of really playing baseball instead of a video game. It would have been so so easy to improve on this.

Do guys ever come out of the dugout when you hit a homerun? I have only played the demo so cant judge 100%, but to me currently the homerun celebrations of MVP05 look a lot better.

Other then that as i said, im starting to get a feel for the game, and i believe there is a future for pc baseball games again.

While I too am frustrated with the many bugs and problems, 2K is the only developer to put out a baseball game since MVP 05. As far as passing the torch to EA, they seem to be pretty much abandoning the PC market. NHL is still available on PC, as well as their NBA title and Tiger's game, but there was no release for PC of the prior Madden iteration.

The latest Tiger is only on consoles

http://tigerwoodspgatour.easports.com/home.action

The latest NHL is only on consoles

http://nhl.easports.com/home.action

The latest NBA Live is only on consoles

http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action

EA has completely given up on PC sports games

EA's version of the MVP series was pretty raw in 2003, improved a ton in 2004 but still had issues (lefty bug), and after a few patches in 2005, finally became the title that is so revered today. But it still doesn't have 40 man rosters, nor the franchise mode that 2K is offering now.

The latest Tiger is only on consoles

http://tigerwoodspgatour.easports.com/home.action

The latest NHL is only on consoles

http://nhl.easports.com/home.action

The latest NBA Live is only on consoles

http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action

EA has completely given up on PC sports games

WOW, tis a sad state of affairs indeed for PC sports junkies. One might say that it means I should give in and go to the consoles (hell, I emulate a few on my PC, but those are the classics like the Genesis. Had a few games that really stood the test of time). But I'm just not willing to, largely because other than sports games I'm really into strategy and MMO's. Both of the latter are really niches for the PC. That and I'd rather spend $300 upgrading my rig than buying a console w/ a bunch of features I won't use (Blue-ray, internet connectivity, and streaming? That's what I've got my LG network Blu-Ray player for). Like I said, further strengthens the point that for us PC junkies, 2K is our last, best hope.

I've spent the last 6 or so hours playing My Player and have come up with a list.

My Player not listed in League Leaders

England instead of United Kingdom option when creating player

Line from the coach or manager or whoever the hell he is that pops up after games - "There's no better feeling than watching batters walk back to the dugout just shaking there heads in disgust because they had no chance against your filthy stuff".

Severe lack of commentary

Todd Wellemeyer, Seth McClung, Gary Sheffield, Justin Spier, Jamey Wright, Jason Isringhausen not with Yankees, and Marcus Thames is not a first baseman - could be roster issues, using Snash's latest rosters, will double-check with default rosters.

Ramiro Pena shouldn't be at third base with 2 fake SS's playing shortstop. - as above.

Swing Analyzer often using camera angles which doesn't allow the swing to be seen.

I think there may also be an issue with "Hurry Up Baseball" randomly turning itself on and off - I had it off, then set it to on by mistake while changing other settings, changed it back to off, then, in the next game, it was on, but the option in the menu was set to off. Strange.

The 2 that really annoy me are the one with England instead of the U.K. and the "there" one - not because they're the most serious, but because this is the type of thing that should never have gotten past testing. Well, if any of the testers have an IQ in double-digits, that is. They're just stupid errors to have in a final product, especially one you've increased in price from last year's.

That said though, I am enjoying My Player. I'm purposefully not fulfilling 2 of my call up goals so that I an stay in the minors for longer.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Ron, the admin at the 2K Sports forum?

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." Especially how the 2K9 patch didn't do much, and NBA 2K10 still doesn't have a patch. I think I'm gonna make a clean install of MVP and play!

that's so right! i bought both 2k9 mlb and 2k10 nba for PC and i feel exactly that way. i won't be buying until important stuff is fixed. and i'm still waiting on nba 2k10 patch after half a year!

The one thing that basically ruins the my player mode is the pitchers stamina thing. The fact that you basically pitch a complete game everytime you go out kills any resemblance of realism.

I cannot for the life of me comprehend how after last year's fiasco we have this whole team coming out with the "we really care about the stats" thing and then they do not catch this problem before the game is released. I honestly don't give a rats *** if the Indians logo is a little too wide or if Adrian Gonzalez doesn't look entirely like his real counterpart, but this kind of mistakes basically crash the game.

I haven't played in franchise mode yet, is the stamina error also there?

I've played a few more games and put the pitcher fatigue up to 100 just because I usually swing too early against the PC...and the stamina goes from 20 to 99...but on my player it did the same thing...but in the little screen where it shows your pitcher's pitch count the stamina was still low...so maybe it is just a glich in the pause screen hopefully...HOPEFULLY the patch fixes a lot of things.

24-When in the middle of a game if you save and exit the game the pitcher you have on the mound recovers all his fatigue upon re-loading the game. So if his 'energy' was down to 75% when you saved; when you re-load your save it will jump back up to 99%.

This save and exit actually works for you. Whats the secret? I've yet to save and quit a game and be able to continue because the gamepad won't respond.

Just got another one. In Spring Training, after a loss - the line "Remember, performance is more important than wins and loses". No, that's not a typo. Loses. Either my "mentor", or whoever coded his lines, is a damn idiot.

Latest at the top.

collectionh.png

The annoying thing is that they're so pathetic. A professional games company shouldn't make mistakes like this, especially when the end product is actually pretty decent.

WTH is that from ? My Player mode ?

Archived