List Of Bugs

LoGatto

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTH is that from ? My Player mode ?

Yep. That's my "mentor". He also apparently doesn't know that "let's", as in, "let us", should have an apostrophe.

thanks to the internet and typos, mistakes like there for their is pretty much the norm now lol

Sad, but true. And people wonder why I still type correctly.

Ok its been over a month since my pc fried and now have a new one, Sooo

a couple of questions please.. Did they Fix the walks problem, where the batter swings at everything?

Can I make Old Time Teams? What about PC vs Pc (yes I know strange, but thats me, I like to watch)

Is the pitching issues there when Pc vs Pc? what about simming a season? real?

I am hoping the game is better than last years..

Thanks....

One thing That I noticed in My Player is when you are trying to get skill points for Hit and Run you can't get any even when you and the hitter do it successfully, it's always a failure.

I was puzzled by that at first too, but it can be done. The trick is that it only works if you do a steal (holding the trigger).

Yep. That's my "mentor". He also apparently doesn't know that "let's", as in, "let us", should have an apostrophe.

Sad, but true. And people wonder why I still type correctly.

You know what? after thinking about it, I just realized that maybe 2k is just trying to give the game the ultimate dose of realism. You know, those baseball scouts don't tend to be the most educated, sharpest knives in the drawer, so maybe they're just adapting to the way they actually write. ;)

Makes me think of that Cliff Lee quote "I don't think I've read a book in my life, to be honest."

Only a GIANT facepalm could respond to that properly.

Just for reference, here's the list of bugs and issues I just sent to Ronnie at 2K.

In My Player mode, My Player is not listed in the League Leaders section, despite having compiled stats which should cause him to be shown. This also seems to affect the award winners.

When creating and editing My Player in My Player mode, one of the countries listed is England, instead of the United Kingdom, Great Britain, or even listing England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales individually. I have noticed that not all, in fact not many, countries are listed, but to call the whole of the United Kingdom "England" is far from accurate.

I seem to be isolated in this, but there is a severe lack of commentary from the announcers, even when in TV Broadcast mode with the volume maximised, on my system. In a related issue, the mentor's actual voice is only rarely heard, and the PA Announcer often only says the first or last name of a player, instead of the whole name, indicating that it's not an issue simply with one mode. I have verified that my PC's audio configuration is correct and normal, and the issue seems to be with the game, as all other sounds seem to be working normally in-game, as well as in other games. My audio drivers are also up to date.

The Swing Analyser often uses camera angles which doesn't allow the swing to be seen.

After finishing a game, checking the game track often shows either incomplete data, or no data at all. It does sometimes work normally, but often, at least 1 inning will be missing, most often more, without only the last 2 or 3 innings listed. Also, it is not unusual to see game track not completely recording outs correctly - for example, checking game track after a game will sometimes show only 2 outs in a half-inning.

Through 1 season in Double-A in 2010 and 18 games in 2011 in Triple-A, I have not yet seen any injuries, either to my player, or any other players. I have verified that injuries are on, both in-game, and in My Player Setup. I have also not seen any errors.

I may also have an issue with "Hurry Up Baseball" randomly turning itself on and off - I have it set to off, yet when playing, the animation after a pitch is often cut short by the game, without me pressing any buttons. This is especially evident when throwing a pitch inside to a hitter - their reaction cannot be seen due to the game snapping back to the pitching sequence.

After a call-up to Triple-A in 2011, using the "Play next appearance" mode in the schedule, a game was listed as being played by my player which I was not involved in or notified of - after the previous game, I chose Play Next Appearance as normal, yet noticed after the next game I played that my ERA was unusually high. Checking the recent games in the player card shows that my player played 1.2 innings in a game and allowed multiple runs, which caused the high ERA, although my player is a starting pitcher.

I assume you've already seen the many, many posts both on other forums, as well as the 2K Sports forums, about the issue of managers not removing pitchers at appropriate times, often leaving them in to pitch complete games, unless the pitcher is being hit very hard.

There is no punishment at all for continually hitting batters - no ejections.

Fielders seem very reluctant to dive for balls that trickle past them, yet would be turned into an out if they had dived.

When batting with an A.L. pitcher in My Player, the opposing pitcher will not throw any balls, even in 20+ pitch at-bats.

In a slightly related issue, again, in My Player, hitters hardly ever take a 3-0 pitch, regardless of the pitch type, pitch location, or game situation. I say "hardly ever" because I generally avoid 3-0 counts, but I have not seen one batter take a 3-0 pitch in at least 20 occurrences.

It is remarkably easy to pick runners off of second base, even with a pitcher with a relatively low pickoff rating.

The catcher does not change his suggestion signs when there is a runner on second base, so if a behind the pitcher view is shown, the pitch suggestion can be seen. Also, there does not seem to be a way to "shake off" the catcher, unlike in MLB 2K9.

In My Player, it may be prudent to add some sort of verification to the "Request trade" feature. It is a good feature, however for a minor league player to automatically be traded to the team of his choice simply because he requests a trade seems unrealistic.

Camera angle changes while playing are not saved. When pitching, I use the Pitcher 2 camera with height at 10, yet when finishing a game, saving My Player, then saving the profile, options, settings and difficulty sliders, then exiting the game program and relaunching, the camera angle is back to the default when a game is started. This also occurs with the batting camera.

When playing an exhibition game in user vs. CPU mode, there is no way to change the CPU's starting pitcher.

Is there any way to play IP to IP with someone over the internet, or are all online games done via the 2K online server?

Am I correct in thinking that the MSAA Quality option in the Advanced Video Settings menu is only available for Nvidia graphics cards? The option is inactive for me, using an ATI Radeon 4670, and others using any type of graphics card other than an Nvidia card have also advised that this option is disabled for them.

There are also some errors in the after-game speech from the mentor in My Player mode which seem rather amateur.

"There's no better feeling than watching batters walk back to the dugout just shaking there heads in disgust because they had no chance against your filthy stuff" - "there", as opposed to "their".

"Remember, performance is more important than wins and loses" - "loses", as opposed to "losses".

"Nine times out of ten, when you pitch like that, you're goning to get a win instead of a no decision" - "going", as opposed to "going".

"That was dominant complete game shutout. There's no better feeling than watching batters walk back to the dugout just shaking there heads" - "was dominant", as opposed to "was a dominant", and, again, "there", as opposed to "their".

"There's no better feeling than watching batters walk back to the dugout shaking there head in disgust" - again, "there", as opposed to "their".

"Good to job to go wire to wire on that one" - "Good to job to go", as opposed to "Good job to go".

In addition to this, there is another one, possibly when starting a drill, where the mentor's text is "Lets", as opposed to "Let's", as in "let us".

Just started a franchise. First Spring Training game against the Phillies. Pulled C.C. after 2 innings, and the fielders after 3. Replaced with minor leaguers and bench players. Got to 4th inning. Wondered why the CPU had not pulled any players yet. Got to 5th inning. Pitcher up to 71 pitches. Still no replacements. Got to 6th. Pitcher at 83 pitches.

No replacements.

ngbbs4ae2d79d92aab.jpg

Also, from a text section about Spring Training in the "2K Franchise Handbook";

handbook1.jpg

I figured 2K could hire writers capable enough to avoid copying directly from Wikipedia.

wikid.jpg

Sigh. I really want to like this game and give it a chance, but this sort of stuff makes me wonder why I'm bothering.

Just started a franchise. First Spring Training game against the Phillies. Pulled C.C. after 2 innings, and the fielders after 3. Replaced with minor leaguers and bench players. Got to 4th inning. Wondered why the CPU had not pulled any players yet. Got to 5th inning. Pitcher up to 71 pitches. Still no replacements. Got to 6th. Pitcher at 83 pitches.

No replacements.

ngbbs4ae2d79d92aab.jpg

Also, from a text section about Spring Training in the "2K Franchise Handbook";

handbook1.jpg

I figured 2K could hire writers capable enough to avoid copying directly from Wikipedia.

wikid.jpg

Sigh. I really want to like this game and give it a chance, but this sort of stuff makes me wonder why I'm bothering.

:rofl::facepalm::help:

It would be funny if it wasn't because it's kind of sad and pathetic.

What will be the excuse next year? "Yeah we had a full development cycle in 2k10 but half the office went down with the swine flu. Now, 2k11 is going to be the game".

I don't know but I really fail to see anything wrong with copying Wikipedia. It is accurate and that is really the reason for the explanation.

As far as the AI not making replacements that you normally do during ST, I know nothing about computer programming but I imagine that requires a completely separate program than what is used for regular season play. Otherwise, wouldn't there be substitutions every two or three innings during the season and that certainly is not realistic?

We all have our likes and dislikes but I have played thirteen ST games getting ready for regular season franchise play and it doesn't bother me that the CPU doesn't make player changes during ST games.

What does bother me though are the pitch counts that the AI allows in some games, ST or not....Guess we all have things in simulation games that we would like to be improved. :sad:

I don't know but I really fail to see anything wrong with copying Wikipedia. It is accurate and that is really the reason for the explanation.

It's what a ten year old that has to write a paper would do, that's what's wrong with it.

By the way, "Wikipedia being accurate" is a pretty risky assumption, just in case you're using it as your main source for knowledge.

It's what a ten year old that has to write a paper would do, that's what's wrong with it.

By the way, "Wikipedia being accurate" is a pretty risky assumption, just in case you're using it as your main source for knowledge.

I know what you're saying, Tenshi but I just don't have a problem with the simplistic explanation....It tells you what Spring Training is all about. IMO,it doesn't serve any purpose to go into more detail. Maybe it was written by a ten year old but the kid knew what he was talking about. :)

Wikipedia = accurate??...Certainly not always but (as Yoda would say) convenient it is.

Now, I believe, it is time to return this thread to the original owner. :good:

As far as the AI not making replacements that you normally do during ST, I know nothing about computer programming but I imagine that requires a completely separate program than what is used for regular season play. Otherwise, wouldn't there be substitutions every two or three innings during the season and that certainly is not realistic?

Nope, not at all. It should be blindingly simple - 2 lines of code. One checking the environment of the game - spring training, regular season, playoffs or World Series, for example - then another calling an adjustment of the CPU's behaviour for replacements from there. For example, I'd assume that the game already has programming in place to check the environment and the type of game it is, so it should be no more difficult than implementing, for example, that all minor league games have the double-sided helmet flaps. (Which, by the way, I was very pleased to see when customising in My Player.)

In VB, it would be something like;

Dim GameEnvironment as String

If GameEnvironment = "SpringTraining" Then GoTo SpringTraining

(Forgive my VB if it's incorrect, I'm rusty.)

The SpringTraining section would then contain the instructions for how the CPU should manage the rosters in the same way it should do in other games. The logic used for Spring Training could also be implemented and slightly modified for the All-Star Game since, I assume, this won't have any dedicated coding either, and will probably also have the starts completing the game, instead of the CPU attempting to get as many players into the game as possible.

• 3 months later...

Second e-mail to Ronnie, this one highlighting issues post-patch.

These are the issues which I mentioned in my previous e-mail which weren't corrected;

"In My Player mode, My Player is not listed in the League Leaders section, despite having compiled stats which should cause him to be shown. This also seems to affect the award winners."

I found this to be related to the game not setting the "Rookie" tag correctly. In some cases, the player is not tagged as being a rookie, so they're not eligible for rookie of the year awards, etc.

"When creating and editing My Player in My Player mode, one of the countries listed is England, instead of the United Kingdom, Great Britain, or even listing England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales individually. I have noticed that not all, in fact not many, countries are listed, but to call the whole of the United Kingdom "England" is far from accurate."

This issue still exists. It should be an incredibly easy thing to fix, yet, for some reason, it wasn't.

"I seem to be isolated in this, but there is a severe lack of commentary from the announcers, even when in TV Broadcast mode with the volume maximised, on my system. In a related issue, the mentor's actual voice is only rarely heard, and the PA Announcer often only says the first or last name of a player, instead of the whole name, indicating that it's not an issue simply with one mode. I have verified that my PC's audio configuration is correct and normal, and the issue seems to be with the game, as all other sounds seem to be working normally in-game, as well as in other games. My audio drivers are also up to date."

I am still experiencing this issue, and have found out that others users are as well.

"The Swing Analyser often uses camera angles which doesn't allow the swing to be seen."

This is also still occurring. Another user noticed that turning off MSAA in the Advanced Video Options screen fixes this, but this may have an impact on overall video quality. Furthermore, one would expect this to be tested prior to release.

"After finishing a game, checking the game track often shows either incomplete data, or no data at all. It does sometimes work normally, but often, at least 1 inning will be missing, most often more, without only the last 2 or 3 innings listed. Also, it is not unusual to see game track not completely recording outs correctly - for example, checking game track after a game will sometimes show only 2 outs in a half-inning."

Also still occurring, and I have also noticed that the game's box score is affected, too. Often, checking the box score after a game will show a starting pitcher pitching, for example, 6 innings and allowing 6 hits, 1 run and a walk, with the pitching summary on the line below, listing 9 innings pitched, 10 hits, 4 runs and 3 walks. It seems that some pitchers just are not being registered as having pitched in the game.

"Through 1 season in Double-A in 2010 and 18 games in 2011 in Triple-A, I have not yet seen any injuries, either to my player, or any other players. I have verified that injuries are on, both in-game, and in My Player Setup. I have also not seen any errors."

This was not addressed in the patch, although was mentioned as not being able to be fixed before next year's game. I find this to be inaccurate, though, as many players have reported that some injuries and errors do occur, and the game does have animations and know how to deal with them. In the patch notes, you mentioned that "The proper fix for errors and injuries requires additional animations and we are unable to add animations into our game for a patch." Although I understand that some things cannot be changed in a patch due to file size limits etc., surely it is possible to at least increase the number of injuries and errors using the animations which already exist, so that although the animations that are shown are repetitive, users can experience injuries and errors? I think most, if not all users would much prefer seeing the same animation over and over again than have no injuries or errors. Furthermore, this, again, should have been noticed and corrected in testing

for the game.

"I may also have an issue with "Hurry Up Baseball" randomly turning itself on and off - I have it set to off, yet when playing, the animation after a pitch is often cut short by the game, without me pressing any buttons. This is especially evident when throwing a pitch inside to a hitter - their reaction cannot be seen due to the game snapping back to the pitching sequence."

This also still occurs.

"There is no punishment at all for continually hitting batters - no ejections."

This has not been addressed either. Just for testing, I started an exhibition game and did nothing but hit batters. When the pitcher had allowed 20 runs, I figured that was conclusive enough to prove the issue. Furthermore, hitters seem to be very demonstrative in certain animations after striking out. In reality, if a player struck out, turned to look at the umpire, then stood in front of home plate with his arms outstretched, representing his perceived size of the strike zone, he would be ejected immediately. In game, a batter can do this twice in a game, as well as turn around and remonstrate with the umpire over balls and strikes after striking out, and be allowed to appear in his next at bat in the game.

"The catcher does not change his suggestion signs when there is a runner on second base, so if a behind the pitcher view is shown, the pitch suggestion can be seen. Also, there does not seem to be a way to "shake off" the catcher, unlike in MLB 2K9."

Again, still occurring.

"Camera angle changes while playing are not saved. When pitching, I use the Pitcher 2 camera with height at 10, yet when finishing a game, saving My Player, then saving the profile, options, settings and difficulty sliders, then exiting the game program and relaunching, the camera angle is back to the default when a game is started. This also occurs with the batting camera."

This is an issue which many, many users thought would be fixed in the patch, yet, for some reason, it wasn't. How difficult is it to implement a few lines of code to save the camera settings? A new .exe file was distributed with the patch, so surely a subroutine could be written to add the saving of camera settings into the .exe file and the settings saved to the player's user profile. I, and many others, were very surprised, and very disappointed, that such a small issue was not corrected.

"When playing an exhibition game in user vs. CPU mode, there is no way to change the CPU's starting pitcher."

Also, no listed fix for this. Some users are circumventing the issue by assigning the keyboard to the CPU team, changing the starting pitcher, then changing the controller to CPU once in-game, but this is a workaround at best.

"Am I correct in thinking that the MSAA Quality option in the Advanced Video Settings menu is only available for Nvidia graphics cards? The option is inactive for me, using an ATI Radeon 4670, and others using any type of graphics card other than an Nvidia card have also advised that this option is disabled for them."

From what I've heard reported from other users, this still seems to be the case - ATI users cannot alter MSAA Quality. Any feedback on this?

"There are also some errors in the after-game speech from the mentor in My Player mode which seem rather amateur."

This is another issue which I am very surprised was not corrected. Even less taxing to correct than the camera settings not saving, it simply requires use of a spell check - even a human of below average intelligence who completed high school would do.

"Finally, can you advise why the controller configuration mappings for all types of play - pitching, batting, baserunning and fielding - are all linked, and if it is possible to change this? For example, if I want to use button 1 for selecting the first pitch in pitching mode, but also use button 1 to represent second base when in fielding mode, I can't. Button 1 is then tied to home plate when selecting it for the first pitch in pitching mode."

This also was not corrected with the patch, but I view this as more of a choice 2K have made than a bug, although I see no advantage to limiting the user's options over controller configuration. I would like to know if it is possible to change this, though, or if there are any plans to in the future.

Now, with those listed, here are some other issues which I have seen.

In My Player mode, playing as a centre fielder, errors are incorrectly assigned. I played a game where I only had 3 balls hit to me in centre field, all fly balls with no runners on base, all caught as normal and returned to the cut-off man, yet I was charged with an error. This has also happened in games where I have fielded more varied chances, all cleanly.

In My Player, the awards players are strangely chosen - similar to the Pepsi clutch player of the game choosing incorrectly. In a My Player season, the player of the month was given to a rookie who had just been called up and had made 2 appearances, both bad, with an ERA of 9. Also, in the actual screen showing the players who have won the awards in weeks and months past, it may be more prudent to show their statistics at the time the award was given, rather than their current statistics. Showing the current statistics in September for a player who hit .450 with 6 homers in May, but who's hitting .230 with 7 homers for the season is largely pointless, especially when their season stats can be seen from their player card, which is accessible from that screen.

After a single, the runner will continue on slightly down the first base line into the outfield before returning to first base, however, in game, he does this in fair territory, even when the ball is being returned to the infield from the outfield. In reality, if a player is standing in fair territory while the ball is returned to the infielders, the infielders can throw to the first baseman, who can tag the runner out as he is standing in fair ground. In reality, runners go into foul territory after a single to avoid this.

Umpires occasionally get calls wrong. Not a bug as such, as we all know umpires aren't perfect, but it would be helpful to have an option of whether umpires blow calls or not in the game settings. Stolen bases and plays at the plate are when most of the incorrect calls are made, although I have seen some questionable balls and strikes calls.

Batters in-game stand three-quarter's of the way between the back and front of the batter's box, obviously varying in location depending on batting stance. However, in reality, most batters stand as far back as possible in the batters box, often with their back foot on the line indicating the back of the batter's box, in order to get a longer look at the pitch. This has an effect when analysing potential swings with the newly implemented check swing - batters will break the front plane of home plate with a shorter swing than they do in reality as they are standing further forward.

Collision detection in some areas seems to be lacking - especially in ball on player and player on equipment contact. A line drive up the middle will sometimes literally go through a pitcher and into centre field. Runners stealing second will often have their tagging hand go through second base. A little more attention to detail in the 3D mapping should correct this.

In Spring Training games, starting pitchers will be left in to pitch as if it were a regular season game, instead of being pulled in the third, fourth or fifth inning, as in reality. Hitters are also not replaced at any point for rookies. This was also evident prior to the patch. In one instance, Dustin McGowan of the Toronto Blue Jays threw 162 pitches, facing 35 batters, before being replaced in his first Spring Training game of the year. Although this would explain why he recently had rotator cuff surgery, it isn't realistic.

Runners on third base are still not advancing as often as normal on sacrifice flies. This was, apparently, addressed in the patch, but although it is not as evident now, it is still occurring. Runners on third take a few steps toward home on deep fly balls to center field, fielder catches the ball, and runner retreats back to third base.

In play-off games in My Player mode, the overlay at the bottom right showing the pitcher's composure and pitch count and the buttons to press for a mound visit or substitution are shown. Of course, in My Player, players can't initiate mound visits or substitutions, so, appropriately, pressing them had no effect, however it is shown repeatedly, as if it's an exhibition game.

That's them all. Can you provide any insight as to whether MLB 2K10 will receive a second patch?

Archived