Classic Uniforms From Spungo

Yankee4Life

Spungo's classic uniforms  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate to Spungo?

• Yes, I would.
    • No thank you.
    • I am not sure right now.

There's been a lot of people jumping on the 2k10 bandwagon lately that it has put Mvp in the background right now but Spungo is still a modder that is creating great stuff for this superior game. We have Dylan still making his ratings calculator, Homer's been plugging away on a classic mod that he will not release until he is 100% satisfied with the result. Jim825 and the Total Classics guys keep churning out Total Conversion mods that remain very popular and don't forget the guys over at Mvp Caribe with their contributions. Lately the guys at Mlbmods have updated portraits for the game. I am sure I am forgetting some guys here so let me apologize for that right away.

MvP is a game still worth going back to because these guys make it look great all the time.

Don't forget my Legends from the Booth PBP mod which I hope everyone will be using once COMPLETELY finished.

I would be willing to dish out some serious $$ to get the 30's Giants, and 30's Cubs as well as the 19teens Brooklyn Dodgers.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget my Legends from the Booth PBP mod which I hope everyone will be using once COMPLETELY finished.

I would be willing to dish out some serious $$ to get the 30's Giants, and 30's Cubs as well as the 19teens Brooklyn Dodgers.

Oh no. You see? That's why I apologized in advance. I'm not overlooking you at all OTBJoel. This thing you are working on is exciting and when it's done it will be like having a brand new game.

Forgive me, please.

Oh no. You see? That's why I apologized in advance. I'm not overlooking you at all OTBJoel. This thing you are working on is exciting and when it's done it will be like having a brand new game.

Forgive me, please.

No problem. :mellow:

I really hope Spungo does this one.

Well, considering there has been little interest in this, I'm afraid it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Maybe if we could get a large initial investment, I can set aside a few days from work to bang out a nice little collection of old uniforms. Then once those are completed, maybe that would interest some more people and I could get some more donations and set aside some more time to finish the thing up.

What do you guys think? Um, all 16 of you who seem to be interested?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so here's a little preview of what could come if I can get some donations/interest from the community here:

http://thespungo.eamods.com/downloads/1969_Angels-vs-Athletics_Preview.zip

Install that with TiT, try it out, post some screenshots here if you'd like. I'm not sure how the classics mods work, so feel free to change the slots around, if you know how to do so, to get these uniforms in the proper retro game slot.

If you like the quality and authenticity of these, then spread the word and maybe I can get enough interest to put together a whole 1969 uniform release.

I know I'm not a popular guy here, but I just wanted to make sure those who are interested saw the link I posted above before this idea is lost to the ages...

Hey man, you've been fine. There's no problems at all. If the masses don't know about your uniforms around here it is their loss.

I could not install this preview you gave us for the 1969 Angels and Athletics because when I used Tit I got a message that said this was an unsupported compression method, whatever that means. I never saw this error before.

I dunno what to tell you, I'm just the designer.

Could other people install it ok?

I dunno what to tell you, I'm just the designer.

Could other people install it ok?

I just wanted to look at the uniform files without having to install them. Unfortunately, if I try to extract the .fsh files using WinZip or WinRar, I get an error telling me that the file cannot be extracted. I've downloaded the file multiple times and always have the same problem.

same problems for me. file is corrupt, so maybe try repacking it and uploading another one?

I was told that this is because the files are encrypted when they are put in the format that TiT expects.

Glad I didn't waste my time doing the rest of the 1969 league.

Sorry to the few of you looking forward to it.

I'm sorry spungo, I have not even had a chance to download this yet because lately I have been too involved with the idiots around here and I can't even devote my time while I am on here to enjoy myself or play a game. But I will download this now and play a game early next week with these two teams.

Glad I didn't waste my time doing the rest of the 1969 league.

Sorry to the few of you looking forward to it.

Took a peek at the files in the FSH editor. I'm came up with WOW, but that hardly does them justice. Reminded me of seeing my first MLB Network game on an HD screen, wondering why I was so resistant to the upgrade... Anyway, I installed TC 1969 and as soon as I get an install utility downloaded (and re-teach myself on how to use it - EaGraph,etc or TiT or other?), I'll save some screenshots. Thanks, Spungo.

I don't have a FSH editor handy for me so I can't see them. If I install them to a mod I can not tell what slot it gets installed in. I will wait for deadballfan to post some screenshots so I can see what I am missing.

They wouldn't be too hard to find if you installed them, you know.

Angels slots: G and H

A's slots: I and J

I see a few things I'd edit if I were to do a full release, but due to lack of interest I just can't justify spending more time on this unless I got some commitment from everyone in the community to support this.

Glad you liked them, though. It would be fun to do some work on older uniforms.

Archived