My Player Corrupted :(

hackman2007

Like many other people, my team (Cardinals) made it to the playoffs in the second year of My Player.

I played the first game (starting pitcher), made it through and the game crashed to the desktop after the game was over.

I go back to try and load the game, file is corrupt.

It isn't recoverable either, after the crash it generates a blank file at 0KB. By blank file, I literally mean it is an empty file, even opening in Notepad returns no weird code. Attempting to open with any tools (hex editors, Ty's roster editor, etc) produce unhandled exceptions.

So if you are playing My Player, make sure you have a backup of your My Player!

I was lucky enough to have a backup, but I have a feeling the backup will corrupt too :cray:

And after several different tries, backups and the like if you get the corruption issue you may as well give up playing My Player. You won't be able to get past the playoffs in the second year (if your team makes them).

My Player was fun while it lasted I guess.

Got an e-mail back from Ronnie.

"Sometimes the freeze is wiped out by the patch, but gotten reports about both ways. Either way, that player file should help them see exactly what’s going on so they can exterminate the problem for the next patch. Your file will at least make that happen.

Ronnie"

Here's hoping it's fixed in the PC patch.

Wow, and I thought I was doing something wrong.

I've done 3 different my players now, all different positions and I am having the EXACT same problem.

I've done a CF, 3B, and SP-- each time it will be corrupt at or around the start of the playoffs. Its definitely frustrating, now I know not to start up another one until a fix (if ever) is found.

Wow, and I thought I was doing something wrong.

I've done 3 different my players now, all different positions and I am having the EXACT same problem.

I've done a CF, 3B, and SP-- each time it will be corrupt at or around the start of the playoffs. Its definitely frustrating, now I know not to start up another one until a fix (if ever) is found.

I'm thinking the auto-save feature is a culprit.

Do you remember if you had this enabled?

Okay, I'm 110% positive this is an auto-save glitch.

But now the question is, how to fix it. I don't hold my breath for a fix from 2K Sports.

Tried creating another My Player and auto-save stays on even though I tell it to go off.

I hate the auto-save feature. I haven't been able to turn it off on My Player.

You can make your file read-only with Windows. The game will say Save Failed when it tries to save to that file. I don't do this though.

I haven't gotten to the point where my file gets corrupted.

I hate the auto-save feature. I haven't been able to turn it off on My Player.

You can make your file read-only with Windows. The game will say Save Failed when it tries to save to that file. I don't do this though.

I haven't gotten to the point where my file gets corrupted.

Read only doesn't work, the game crashes to the desktop when it tries to save.

Heard back from Ronnie today....

"The team told me they’re pretty confident they knocked this one out in the patch. I’d hold on to these files."

(These files are the My Player files that kept corrupting)

Is the ETA for the patch still mid April?

Is the ETA for the patch still mid April?

I have no idea.

I asked him through Twitter whether the patch that's going to be released soon was the PS3 combo/Xbox 360 second and it is. The PC patch will come after this one.

He said the release will be staggered. So I would say about a week for the PS3 version of it to come out since it has to be approved by Sony.

As for the PC patch...who knows?

The Games Abyss review of the patch noted the following for the Notorious My Player Postseason Death Bug (N.M.P.P.D.B.)

There was a crash when returning to landing screen after first round playoff games in career mode when you have a post season goal.

I wonder, has anyone tried this without a postseason goal? My second My Player (first fell victim and is gone) is now in mid-August and precariously close to the NMPPDB.

The Games Abyss review of the patch noted the following for the Notorious My Player Postseason Death Bug (N.M.P.P.D.B.)

I wonder, has anyone tried this without a postseason goal? My second My Player (first fell victim and is gone) is now in mid-August and precariously close to the NMPPDB.

I think it is a goal for everyone, at least from what I can tell.

In my seasons, I noticed that one of the team goals was to make the playoffs, win the world series, etc. So I'm guessing sooner or later people will run in to this bug.

My new version of the Roster Editor can now remove your postseason goal. You can do it any time after the start of the regular season. If you're already in the playoffs, but the game crashes when you try to load the file, this will also fix that.

http://www.mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/mlb2k10/tools/mlb2k10-roster-editor-

I got the idea of how to fix it from Misopogon's post.

My new version of the Roster Editor can now remove your postseason goal. You can do it any time after the start of the regular season. If you're already in the playoffs, but the game crashes when you try to load the file, this will also fix that.

You....are....amazing :o

The new version fixed the crashing problem (like you mentioned) and even stopped the corruption issues at the end of one of my saves that was going to corrupt.

It even worked WHILE I was playing the game (after you start to play one of the postseason games and you save right before the end).

• 2 weeks later...

Man, mine just got corrupted but it won't let me load because it's corrupted I guess. I am not seeing how to remove the postseason goal on another My Player save I have though.

Man, mine just got corrupted but it won't let me load because it's corrupted I guess. I am not seeing how to remove the postseason goal on another My Player save I have though.

You load the .cmg file with MLB2K10 Roster Editor, and a "Fix My Player" button shows up to the left of "Save".

I have installed the MLB2K10 Roster Editor and run it.

but after i pressed TRY, then nothing happened.

how can i fix those save files to stop the game crash to desktop, once i load the my player file?

Archived