If No Patch This Month No More 2K For Me

johnnyu

2K is really giving us PC supporters the shaft not releasing a patch. The game is full of bugs and is unplayable online. I paid $30 for the game. I at least could of had a good dinner w/ the money. If no patch is released this month I am switching to PS3 "The Show" here on out. 2K , please sell the MLB rights to a company that supports all platforms. This unfinished crap game you released for $30 is utter BS.

2K is really giving us PC supporters the shaft not releasing a patch. The game is full of bugs and is unplayable online. I paid $30 for the game. I at least could of had a good dinner w/ the money. If no patch is released this month I am switching to PS3 "The Show" here on out. 2K , please sell the MLB rights to a company that supports all platforms. This unfinished crap game you released for $30 is utter BS.

i hear you man, but just be patient, the patch will come out :nea:

Man ... I sure hope soo... This no errors/ no online / corrupt saves / no check swing / and all the bugs start to really **** me off. This is an improvement from last year but they still have a ways to go.

I guess us PC players shouldn't be complaining. Were lucky to have a game made for PC at all. The thing I hate most though about this game is the severe lack of errors/no check swing/corrupt saves/switching camera to batter view/players stealing 2nd while I'm standing on it. If they fixed those few things the game would be worth it to me.

I guess us PC players shouldn't be complaining. Were lucky to have a game made for PC at all. The thing I hate most though about this game is the severe lack of errors/no check swing/corrupt saves/switching camera to batter view/players stealing 2nd while I'm standing on it. If they fixed those few things the game would be worth it to me.

Why are we lucky to have a game made for the PC at all ?

They chose to make the game for PC, so they should support the game for PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update was in March, when they said they will have a patch. But when wasn't mentioned.

This is not a priority for 2KSports like patching the console versions was. It's an afterthought.

Let's be honest: we have 2k10 instead of The Show because 2k10 is available on PC. They know it; we know it. Let's not expect too much from them.

Glad I only bought the $3 download version back on opening day. Hell, I have not even installed it yet. It would be so nice to have a good PC game (which is why I took the $3 chance, in hopes of a patch).

A friend of mine came to my house a couple of weeks ago and tried to sell me his copy of 2K10. I told him I didn't "need" it, I had my hands full with something else. So he wound up giving it to me.

I may check it out if the patch is legit.

*Edit - Just read this over at the 2K forums regarding the console patch:

The patch is horrible, there is no reason for people to get frustrated that it is not yet out for PC, it actually broke things that were not broken previously and did not fix much..including what they listed as fixes in the "MLB 2K10 Patch v1.2 Notes" thread. More than half of those items still are not fixed, despite being listed as fixed. http://www.2ksports....ad.php?t=263313

Par for the course, I suppose.

It may be more prudent to post this on 2K's forums instead of here. We, after all, don't have any control over the development of the game.

We should considering we do a much better job at editing the game than they do :yahoo: I really hope for a patch to because it's frustrating having to substitute bench players in for myplayer using the roster editor just so it can be semi-realistic. Not to mention having my staff pitch approx. 80 complete games combined throughout the year ... Otherwise for $3 I can't complain too much but, I'd love to play online sometime this year !

I know the feeling. I'm trying a copy of My Player as a CF (my pitcher one is still playing fine, apart from the obvious issues) and noticed that a guy who was hitting over .390 was benched in favour of my player, while the RF was struggling badly, along with most of the rest of the lineup. I used Ty's editor to put him in right field to see how he did. Hit after hit, his average got up to .404. Figured I had done the lineup a favour. We started winning a few games. Four games later, the normal RF is back in the lineup, and Ted WIlliams v2 is benched again.

Upon further inspection, it looks like because the normal right fielder has a slightly higher "potential" rating, he's being used instead of the guy who's not much older, and it tearing the cover off the ball.

The annoying thing is that the CPU manager seems to totally disregard most changes that are made in Ty's editor, so you can change the lineups, defensive positioning and rotation and load up My Player, and it'll be back to how it was before. PITA.

I know the feeling. I'm trying a copy of My Player as a CF...

Old news.

As I said, nobody thinks 2K Sports can make a great game, or a great patch. MLB: The Show is a better game, except it's not on PC.

If I was 2KSports, I'd give up on fighting Sony, and make what they have Open Source, other than some core proprietary functionality. Let the modding community make their product for them.

I'd say to just be patient too and to support the game as much as you can. that is the only way it will improve, because the PC market for sports games is not very large, especially for baseball games, it defiantly falls behind the consoles. there are huge lacks of sports games for the pc as EA stopped making their NHL and Madden franchises for PC within the last couple of years. let's hope 2k sports continues to develop for the PC market and don't pull an EA.

I was on the 2K forums reading and there are a lot of pissed off XBOX 360 people about all the shortcomings of this game. They paid $60 for this game. :rofl: They are especially mad at the lack of errors and lack of injuries. What are they gonna leave out in 2K11, bunting and curveball's??? :facepalm: I hope people stick to their guns this time and refuse to purchase their game next season. I would hate to be Ronnie right now...

As for me, there are few options if you want to play a baseball game on the pc.

Flaws or not, I will buy MLB2k11 as long as it is available for pc users...I would rather play a flawed game than none at all.

Not buying the game next year to prove a point is one way to assure there will be no future baseball games for the pc.

Not buying the game next year to prove a point is one way to assure there will be no future baseball games for the pc.

Don't you mean no future 2K baseball video games ? F it. They should stop making baseball games all together. They do the sport absolutely no justice anyway.

Continuing to buy the game is one way to assure that they will continue to make a crappy baseball game for years to come.

Better to prove they suck, and maybe you have a shot of EA, or Sony (though it's been mentioned that they don't want to make a PC version of The Show)to get the contract next time.

I admit, it's a bad sign that EA dropped support of the PC in all their other sports titles, but I am sure they are aware of just what kind of a mark MVP 2005 had on the video game baseball world. The fact that it lived for a good 5 years as the top game had to be noticed by someone.

Continuing to buy the game is one way to assure that they will continue to make a crappy baseball game for years to come.

True, but having (essentially) two baseball games on the market ensures product awareness and/or quality. Even if it is on the console, I'm sure Sony uses 2K as a measuring stick to make damn sure their game is better. Same could be said, and only better, if another company comes out of the woodwork to make a PC baseball game. The more baseball games out there, the better the competition, the higher chance we see at least one rise to the top and be a really great game. As of now, the problem is that 2K is the only one making the game on PC. In this respect, they have no competition, and they can pretty much do what they want. If they took half of the money that they use for marketing and hired some people that knew the game along with some talented programmers, they would no doubt make a better product and solidify a serious following for years to come.

At least on the PC, they have no competition. In the business world, and from the consumer's stand point, this is the worst scenario possible.

I am sure they (EA) are aware of just what kind of a mark MVP 2005 had on the video game baseball world. The fact that it lived for a good 5 years as the top game had to be noticed by someone.

And I believe, sadly, that this is one of the downfalls to EA continuing to make games for the PC. In fact, I believe there are primarily two reasons:

1. Making games for consoles instead of PC's eliminates hardware issues, complaints from the customer, and so on. It's easier, and cheaper, to stick to the consoles rather than try to appease a mass audience with a multitude of platforms (PC's).

2. The fact that PC games are pirated, and modded for years to come takes money out of their pockets. Obviously. As positive as it is for the modding community, it's just as negative for the company making the game. Why would EA make an MVP06 when it's either stolen, or the modding community has done it themselves, and done it BETTER?

For those of us that want a solid, next gen PC baseball game, I believe it's all going to come down to luck. Company 'A' gets a hold of the MLBPA license and gets serious and wants to make a name for themselves, and puts out a solid game from top to bottom, and there we have it. And if it's as mechanically sound as MVP was, this community can take it from there.

My favorite part is when they finally release the patch and then they explicitly say: errors and injuries? sorry, they are too large and too complex to implement in a patch, but our team is working to include them in next year's release.

WFT MAN!!!??? errors and injuries too large and complex to implement? guess the whole "full development cycle" didn't allow to include things like that in the game in the first place. But not too worry, 2k11 is going to be da bomb. Maybe players will be missing their bats or something, but I am sure some patch will fix that some months later.

And don't get me started on the whole stamina thing, it's surreal. It is mind boggling to me that an actual company can release a game that has some errors that shouldn't even be in a beta version already.

Archived