Total Classics 1974

Jim825

File Name: Total Classics 1974

File Submitter: Jim825

File Submitted: 04 Aug 2010

File Updated: 05 Oct 2010

File Category: Total Conversion Mods

Version: 2.0

Two notable personal milestones were achieved during the 1974 season. The first came on April 8, when Hank Aaron of the Atlanta Braves blasted his 715th career home run, breaking the all-time career home run mark of 714 set by Babe Ruth. Aaron would finish his career with 755 home runs, a record that would stand until Barry Bonds broke it in 2007.

The second milestone came on September 10, when the St. Louis Cardinals' Lou Brock stole his 105th base off pitcher Dick Ruthven and catcher Bob Boone of the Philadelphia Phillies. This broke the single-season stolen base record of 104, set by Maury Wills in 1962. Brock would go on to steal 118 bases, a record that would stand until 1982, when Rickey Henderson swiped 130.

The 1974 World Series matched the two-time defending champion Oakland Athletics against the Los Angeles Dodgers with the A’s winning the Series in five games.

Rollie Fingers figured in all four Oakland victories, posting a win and three saves, and was honored as the Series MVP. Oakland became the first team to win three consecutive Series since the New York Yankees won five in a row between 1949 and 1953; the win secured the A's status as one of the truly dominant teams of the 1970s.

-------------------------------------------

The Total Classics 1974 mod brings you the sights and sounds of the 1974 baseball season. Besides rosters, portraits and audios, the mod provides themed menu screens and loading screens, stadium select screens with actual stadium photos, 1974 jukebox music, 1970's batter walkup music, an accurate 1974 schedule, a 1970's era overlay, and correct 1970's era stadiums for every team. Please see the ReadMe file for more details and read the Installation Instructions on how to install the mod.

-------------------------------------------

*** VERSION HISTORY ***

<u>v2.0</u>

1. Home stadium for Montreal Expos changed to Jarry Park

2. Home stadium for New York Yankees changed to Shea Stadium since they played there in 1974

3. Added new stadium select screens for Jarry Park and Shea Stadium.

4. Added Dennis James' 1970's stadiums (Busch Stadium, Dodger Stadium, Shea Stadium, Veteran's stadium, Riverfront Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Astrodome, Baltimore Memorial Stadium, Fulton County Stadium, Cleveland Stadium, Metropolitan Stadium, Milwaukee County Stadium, Comiskey Park, San Diego Stadium, Candlestick Park, Royals Stadium, Tiger Stadium, Wrigley Field, Olympic Dome, Kingdome, Exhibition Stadium)

5. Added correct 1974 Milwaukee Brewers uniforms

6. Added some new faces

7. Fixed Bobby Murcer's jersey number

8. Fixed Dwight Evans face

9. Corrected spelling of Lynyrd Skynyrd in jukebox listing

<u>v1.0</u>

Initial release

Click here to download this file

I thought I would post a handful of screenshots of the TC 1974 mod that was released yesterday. What a surprise to find that last night coming home from work and what a blast I had playing that until 1 am. As always to Jim and his crew, what a tremendous job and a great year to select for the Mod. The uniforms are excellent, the cyberfaces are superb, and the jukebox selections rule (“Kung-Fu Fighting”, yeah!!). Thanks again Jim for injecting another healthy dose of adrenaline into this game and creating another reason to “go to” MVP Baseball as the game of choice for many of us. :drinks:

1974A.jpg

1974B.jpg

1974C.jpg

You do a great and much more thorough job with your “review threads” of the TC Mods. I was pretty amped up with this one, so I needed to get some screenshots out. Next up…probably Indians and Yankees tonight. My man Oscar going up against his future team. Lol!

Look at Dennis James go! Great job man.

You do a great and much more thorough job with your “review threads” of the TC Mods. I was pretty amped up with this one, so I needed to get some screenshots out. Next up…probably Indians and Yankees tonight. My man Oscar going up against his future team. Lol!

Speaking of that, a review will be posted of TC 1974 later tonight. Right now I am deciding on the two teams I will use.

EDIT: I think I will go with Atlanta at Baltimore.

I'd choose the two teams that held the milestone makers, Aaron and the Braves take on Brock and the Cardies

Not a bad idea. But then again why not Oakland instead of the Cardinals? Brock did break the stolen base record that year for a second place Cardinal team but the Athletics won their third straight championship.

Awesome as usual. Is there a way to use the cyberfaces in other dynasties?

Yes you can. You'd need to find the cyberfaces you want by looking at the TC1974 rosters with MVPEdit (a .mbe file was included with TC1974).

Once you had your list of faces, you'd have to extract them from the TC1974 models.big and then import them into the models.big of the other mod you want to run a dynasty with. You'd also have to edit the rosters of the other mod with MVPEdit to assign the cyberfaces.

I use this process a lot for the mods I create. Most of the time, I'm grabbing faces that are already in Total Classics 10.

Awesome, thanks Y4L! Speaking of that; in celebration of this TC Mod, I'm gonna re-read my book that I bought in May. I think I did a min-review of it in the "Baseball Books" thread.

BigHairPlasticGrass.jpg

Nothing wrong with that. I just like to switch them around during these reviews.

By the way Dennis, here is Oscar Gamble. His hair has not grown out yet like it did in '75.

mvp20052010080515345966.jpg

Alright looking for some insight on what dyansty to start. I wasnt born till '79 and the majority of my baseball knowledge is 1900-1968 then skips to 1985-present. So i dont know jack about the 70's. I could read up on some stuff but id rather get it from everyone here who grew up and loved baseball in this era. I hunger for knowledge!

Alright looking for some insight on what dyansty to start. I wasnt born till '79 and the majority of my baseball knowledge is 1900-1968 then skips to 1985-present. So i dont know jack about the 70's. I could read up on some stuff but id rather get it from everyone here who grew up and loved baseball in this era. I hunger for knowledge!

Let me see if I can help you. The top teams in baseball as the 1970's began were teams like the Orioles, Athletics, Twins, Pirates and Reds. The Yankees were not one of the top teams until 1976. The Red Sox on the other hand, while only winning one division in the entire decade, had a winning record in each year of the 1970's. Philadelphia was like the Yankees as they didn't do their winning until 1976. Teams like the Dodgers, Pirates, Orioles and Red Sox were contenders each year in the 70's.

The 70's saw the exiting of players such as Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson and Juan Marichal. Roberto Clemente too, but his was on account of a terrible tragedy.

Making their debuts in the 1970's were players like George Brett, Robin Yount, Dave Winfield, Carlton Fisk, Jim Rice, Fred Lynn and Don Baylor.

Players coming into their prime in the 1970's were players like Reggie Jackson, Tom Seaver, Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan and Jim Palmer, just to name a few.

open the models.big with EAgraph if you want to preview the textures. but open it with biggui if you plan on extracting any of the files to install into another mod. my cyberface tutorial has a word document that explains everything there is to know about cyberface files. hiheat's mvp for dummies thread does an excellent job with it too.

Archived