Is There A Way To Help Performance?

wtferrell

Like the topic states, is there a way to improve PC performance of this game? I have everything on the lowest possible settings, and it still just slugs along. Granted, my PC specs on the laptop are minimal:

Running Windows XP

Dual Core 1.83 GHz

320 GB 5400 RPM HDD

Intel Integrated GMA965 with 384 Memory

3GB DDR2 Memory

I am running at the lowest possible resolution too... when the crowd is off the picture (from batting view) it plays just fine. But when pitching it just stutters away. I'm assuming because of the crowd.

Any help? Don't say buy a new PC, I'm just playing this until my PS3 gets back.

Thanks guys

Like the topic states, is there a way to improve PC performance of this game? I have everything on the lowest possible settings, and it still just slugs along. Granted, my PC specs on the laptop are minimal:

Running Windows XP

Dual Core 1.83 GHz

320 GB 5400 RPM HDD

Intel Integrated GMA965 with 384 Memory

3GB DDR2 Memory

I am running at the lowest possible resolution too... when the crowd is off the picture (from batting view) it plays just fine. But when pitching it just stutters away. I'm assuming because of the crowd.

Any help? Don't say buy a new PC, I'm just playing this until my PS3 gets back.

Thanks guys

Not good for running the newer games. Integrated card uses up to 384MB or your system RAM (3GB) when running games.

Just wait till you get your PS3 back. ;)

I agree with Maestro. With that graphics chip, you're pretty lucky that the game will run at all.

You could try modifying some things on the system to give your card more memory or decrease the graphics memory used by Windows by setting as little as possible to startup with Windows at boot-time then running the game immediately after booting, but I'd be surprised if any of those led to significant improvements.

Depending on your laptop's hardware configuration, you could look at something like the Broadcom BCM970012, which is a PCIe mini card HD decoder, but I'm not sure if that essentially replaces the graphics chip and can be used system-wide for games etc., or if it's an add-on which can be only be used for video rendering. I've been meaning to research this further.

I agree with Maestro. With that graphics chip, you're pretty lucky that the game will run at all.

You could try modifying some things on the system to give your card more memory or decrease the graphics memory used by Windows by setting as little as possible to startup with Windows at boot-time then running the game immediately after booting, but I'd be surprised if any of those led to significant improvements.

Depending on your laptop's hardware configuration, you could look at something like the Broadcom BCM970012, which is a PCIe mini card HD decoder, but I'm not sure if that essentially replaces the graphics chip and can be used system-wide for games etc., or if it's an add-on which can be only be used for video rendering. I've been meaning to research this further.

Now, the Broadcom BCM970012 is not a GPU, so it’s not meant for 3D rendering. That means gamers are out of luck. But, the hardware decoder does significantly cut CPU load, which helps the overall performance of the system.

Found that in researching. Thanks fellas. I'm just getting pretty bored waiting. Weird thing is, that I downloaded the MLB 2k9 demo last night, and can run it just fine. It's weird. I'm also playing NBA 2k10 on low settings, with no lag at all. Just weird that MLB wouldn't at least be somewhat playable. I know, I know... Integrated is NOT for gaming...but I'm bored, haha.

And here's the source of that quote, for anyone else interested. I haven't seen that page before, so it was a good read. Thanks, wtferrell. :)

In a way, it's a shame that it won't be too useful, at least directly, for gaming, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. I was considering getting one for my Dell Mini 9, but the lack of a secondary PCIe slot meant a trade-off between HD video and WLAN was necessary, and since WLAN is used a lot more, it wasn't a hard decision.

I doubt anyone'll be able to help you without suggesting new hardware and please tell me you're not actually playin' MLB 2K on a PS3.

Haha... no, definitely not. I'm playing the Show 10.

I wonder if they'll ever have PCMCIA graphic cards for notebooks? That's something I've been thinking about for quite some time.

Haha... no, definitely not. I'm playing the Show 10.

I wonder if they'll ever have PCMCIA graphic cards for notebooks? That's something I've been thinking about for quite some time.

That'd be cool, but probably counterproductive for company profits ? I think it's a good idea though.

When it comes to laptop technology, I can't help but think of comparisons to the electric car - it would be exceptionally cool, users would love it, it would be functional and progressive in the field and is technically possible, but it would also hurt the profits of a lot of companies, so for that reason, I don't know if they'd ever be either developed or well-promoted.

I'm thinking of buying this game, would my graphics card work for it?

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6100

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Approx. Total Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Display Mode: 1680x1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

no you still cant play with that card

i bought a cheap graphics card that plays the game very well, its a

NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB DDR2

it only costs $60 on newegg.com

Archived