Total Classics 1975

Jim825

File Name: Total Classics 1975

File Submitter: Jim825

File Submitted: 09 Nov 2010

File Category: Total Conversion Mods

Version: 1.0

Baltimore -- the unanimous preseason pick in the American League East -- won 90 games, but Boston surprised everyone by finishing 4½ games in front of the Orioles. Rookies Fred Lynn and Jim Rice sparked the Sox, as Lynn became the first player to win both the MVP and Rookie of the Year Awards in the same season. The Sox also featured established hitters like Carl Yastrzemski and Carlton Fisk, as well as pitchers Rick Wise, Luis Tiant, and Bill Lee.

Cincinnati's Big Red Machine ran away with the National League West, boasting an All-Star lineup that included league MVP Joe Morgan, Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Tony Perez, Ken Griffey, Dave Concepcion, and George Foster.

The Reds and the Sox swept their respective League Championship Series, setting the stage for one of the most dramatic World Series in baseball history. Cincinnati crawled out to a three-games-to-two lead, which included three one-run games. But the real fun didn't start until the sixth game in Boston.

The two teams battled into the 12th inning of game six, when Fisk, the Sox leadoff hitter, blasted a long fly ball to left. The ball had home run distance and stayed fair, giving Fisk a home run and Boston a 7-6 come-from-behind victory.

Game seven was almost as intense. Boston jumped to a 3-0 lead, the Reds tied it in the seventh, and Morgan won it in the ninth with a run-scoring single. Many feel the 1975 Series helped spark baseball's popularity, which soared in the late 1970s and throughout the 1980s.

-------------------------------------------

the Total Classics 1975 mod brings you the sights and sounds of the 1975 baseball season. Besides rosters, portraits and audios, the mod provides themed menu screens and loading screens, stadium select screens with actual stadium photos, 1975 jukebox music, 1970's batter walkup music, an accurate 1975 schedule, a 1970's era overlay and correct 1970's era stadiums for every team. Please see the ReadMe file for more details and read the Installation Instructions on how to install the mod.

-------------------------------------------

*** VERSION HISTORY ***

<u>v1.0</u>

Initial release

Click here to download this file

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Downloading it right now but I'm not going to get the chance to play it until I get home from work...althouh I tempted to play it on my laptop instead of taking a lunch... :db:

Your work is phenomenal Jim. Thanks so much!

(I'm sure I'll be up until 2:30 in the morning again with this new release) :shok:

Jim,

Another fabulous quality Season to enjoy "THANKS" to You ! Of course we all realize how many others have contributed to all these wonderful Classic Season Mods but it is your efforts that bring them all together for all of us to enjoy in their full beauty ! Thanks Podna, you have no idea how you have increased the fun I am having during my retirement !

Don

• 7 months later...

Really got this going with the set-up I like (Kado's classic pitch mod and my All-Star slider). Here's a screenie using the HDR Bloom #2 as well. The textures on the old style socks look very realistic. Had 2 great games with the Reds.... simming others. Lots of fun!

28l9xlc.jpg

Archived