2011 Rosters

SESbb30

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, be careful with Dylan's calculators . . . they have a tendency to over-rate a pitcher's movement on his throws, seemingly giving almost every pitch a "15" rating if a pitcher has a 3.00 ERA or lower. I usually temper this by making sure a dominant pitcher has at least one dominant pitch, and consulting scouting reports to figure out which pitche(s) ought to be rated this way. You can find that web-site here: http://60ft6in.com/

Further, Baseball-reference is probably the most convenient place to find fielding, pitching, and batting stats and splits. http://www.baseball-reference.com/

I figure most of you guys already know this, but I post in case you didn't.

~Chris

EDIT: There is also Cot's Baseball contracts for reference as to how each player is signed. If he is in his arbitration years, I usually tack on another year to his contract length and slightly more than double his total salary. For all other players, I average out the total contract money over the contract length.

Just saw this. I wish you had let me know about this bug earlier and in the Pitching Rating Calculator Support Topic, I would have fixed it by now. :(

Let me see what I can do.

Just saw this. I wish you had let me know about this bug earlier and in the Pitching Rating Calculator Support Topic, I would have fixed it by now. :(

Let me see what I can do.

Eh, its no big deal Dylan . . . after all, in the real world (and to a certain extent MVP '05 too) all a pitcher needs is one dominant pitch, so we the modders just need to be smart enough to do our research

~Chris

My 2010 schedule just updated the Major League Schedule, it didn't delete any of the previous minor league schedules. (I think the game's default minor league schedules were included.) Hope that clears things up...

Wow ... I feel like a schmuck now. I read wrong and thought there were only schedules for the major-league club. I wouldn't mind a default set of minor league skeds at all. Guess I'm really, really, really looking forward to the 2011 roster!

And teo SESbb ... I've been all over the place. Last night I did a lot of work on the Astros, Giants, Cardinals, Indians and Nationals, but that was only to get the MLB 25 more in line, now their AAA teams have like 28 apiece and I still have to re-create Sizemore, Strasburg, David Freese and Chris Johnson. I really haven't done much in the grand scheme. I figure the bulk of the work will be in late March to get all the rosters right.

Sorry if I saw this so late as I was out, but I think is an important thing for MVP. I think is a great idea of using hiheat rosters as a base, for me one of the best after KG, although it has some mismatches regarding cyberfaces numbers, id players numbers and other roster errors, mainly in MiLB that I have corrected by myself step by step since last version up to now. I can offer the database files I have if that facilitates your work. I can also offer a list of movements during all this offseason as I have updated portraits following it. That is what I can offer, sorry if I can not offer myself for working the datafiles as I am very bad on it, using MVPedit or manually, only making simple changes, and I do not have players statistic information neither. Just tell me, and best regards for all

Sorry if I saw this so late as I was out, but I think is an important thing for MVP. I think is a great idea of using hiheat rosters as a base, for me one of the best after KG, although it has some mismatches regarding cyberfaces numbers, id players numbers and other roster errors, mainly in MiLB that I have corrected by myself step by step since last version up to now. I can offer the database files I have if that facilitates your work. I can also offer a list of movements during all this offseason as I have updated portraits following it. That is what I can offer, sorry if I can not offer myself for working the datafiles as I am very bad on it, using MVPedit or manually, only making simple changes, and I do not have players statistic information neither. Just tell me, and best regards for all

Any updated portrait data would be much appreciated, whether an update file or simply a list of appropriations. You can e-mail me and/or Ryan (SESbb30) the information and we'll make sure to use it as best as its useful.

~Chris

Holy motherof clam dip with dragon bread and kitty stew! My Brewers might actually have a shot to win the NL Central!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/02/wainwright-could-be-headed-for-tommy-john-surgery.html

Before this, I was going to pick the Cards to finish first, followed by the Brewers, Reds, and Cubs (The Reds made a huge mistake by standing pat this offseason). But with Wainwright (possibly) out of the mix, that takes an easy 15-20 wins off of the Cardinal's record, and leaves the Brewer's with the best rotation in the Central. The Cards' lineup is still imposing, but does anyone think that a batting order coached by free-swinging Mark McGwire can avoid the offensive slumps that it experienced last year?

The NL Central is anything but a walk-off for the Brewers, but you have to admit that things just got a whole lot more interesting . . . hmm . . . I may have to wait and see if the Cards sign Kevin Millwood before I finalize their roster.

~Chris

hey chris, when you get a chance, could you send me the teams .met file that you have done, it seems mvpedit is letting me import teams now.

I've been posting my latest work to the FTP site that Playball gave us access too. Let me know if you need help/tips on accessing it.

BTW, I'll take charge of updating the playtest roster that is on that server. I won't even bother uploading the master file: it is way too mesy right now what with an overload of free agents and dis-located/mis-located players.

~Chris

I've been posting my latest work to the FTP site that Playball gave us access too. Let me know if you need help/tips on accessing it.

BTW, I'll take charge of updating the playtest roster that is on that server. I won't even bother uploading the master file: it is way too mesy right now what with an overload of free agents and dis-located/mis-located players.

~Chris

**** i forgot about that FTP site lol.

the more I think about the Wainwright injury, the more I realize this will mess up the rosters: Waiwright will be back in 2012, and the Cards owe him upwards of $8 million this year, so it would be inacurrate to leave him off of our 2011 rosters. On the other hand, he simply cannot play! I'm thinking that I'll adjust his ratings and everything, but put him in "A" ball with a "0" rating for stamina. That way he'll be useless in 2011, and people who like to play dynasty mode will merely have to adjust that one rating to re-activate him for 2012. Any thoughts?

~Chris

the more I think about the Wainwright injury, the more I realize this will mess up the rosters: Waiwright will be back in 2012, and the Cards owe him upwards of $8 million this year, so it would be inacurrate to leave him off of our 2011 rosters. On the other hand, he simply cannot play! I'm thinking that I'll adjust his ratings and everything, but put him in "A" ball with a "0" rating for stamina. That way he'll be useless in 2011, and people who like to play dynasty mode will merely have to adjust that one rating to re-activate him for 2012. Any thoughts?

~Chris

im not sure, i guess that would be alright. i assume we would do the same for strausburg? since he'll miss a good chunk of the season if not all of it?

hey chris, could you PM me the FTP site, i forgot what it was.

im not sure, i guess that would be alright. i assume we would do the same for strausburg? since he'll miss a good chunk of the season if not all of it?

That makes sense to me. When we release the rosters we should include a document explaining how/when to activate players who will begin the season on the DL.

~Chris

I just need to enter the 2010 stats and I will have the Red Sox complete (finally). You guys will need to review ratings for all my teams, as this is not my strong suit.

Chris, I took a quick look at your Brewers and noticed stats don't appear to be updated (not sure if they were supposed to be yet). My process with the stats has been to copy the new Lahman58 into your MVPEdit directory, rename it to lahman53 and use the Lahman stats import button on each player and then REMOVE the 2010 stats and finally press "copy to career" for each player.

This leaves me the manual entry of the 2010 stats to do. I have uploaded some csv files onto the FTP that contain vs L/R and general batting and hitting stats for you guys to use as well. These stats are from the Baseball Prospectus.

~Travis

Because stats do not affect a player's performace, updating each player's historical/career stats is very low on my priorities list. After all, the game will still be playable if Buster Posey has a career .000 BA.

In other words, here are the priorities of what I'm trying to get done:

1. MLB rosters

2. MLB ratings and contract info

3. MiLB rosters

4. MiLB ratings and contract info (including star power and Baseball America's top 100 prospects)

5. MLB portraits

6. MiLB portraits

7. MLB stats

8. MiLB stats

I've still got a LOT of work to do on the NL Central and NL West, so it will be awhile before I can even begin to think about the minor leagues, much less portraits and stats.

~Chris

Chris/Ryan,

I have added a pdf of "MVPEdit" formatted stats to make data entry "easier". These were compiled into a database I created for this sole purpose.

I suggest having all players with no ML stats to be zeroed out (no stats at all). After I get the AL East done (ML) I can focus on getting ML stats in place. Ratings I am not great at, data entry I am. :-)

With that said if we could name our .met files as STATRDY (at this point it shouldn't be edited again until i return it to FTP as STATCMP) when posted on FTP, I can grab them and enter stats. So a .met file would look like this on the server.

Red Sox_statrdy.met

Let me know your thoughts.

Just a quick question so I don't run into any possible roster errors after I finish A LOT of work ... since we're united in working off of HighHeat's roster, his was the one that was the project that converted 2K10 rosters to MVP?

I'm going into older roster versions I have to recreate a few players who got hurt last year (Strasburg, David Freese) and a couple rookies who got unexplainably skipped in the version that was posted on here a few posts ago (Dan Johnson, Chris Johnson, some top prospects from a couple teams), and am realizing I have a handful of other roster versions I'm pulling from.

Archived