Mlb2K11 Roster Editor

tywiggins

Ty, thx for this outstanding tool.) Hope, players face numbers will appear in later versions, like v1.7 or 1.8 ;)

Also, you told last year you can add names and face numbers changer for the coaching staff. If its really possible, will such abilities appear somewhere in the future? Fake managers and 1st/3rd base coaches are really annoying.

Thank you very much again!))

I'll go ahead and add face numbers for players in 1.3. I forgot to include it for 1.0.

For Managers, I haven't really looked at that part of the file in detail yet. Depending on how much time the team stuff actually takes me, I might add it to 1.4.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go ahead and add face numbers for players in 1.3. I forgot to include it for 1.0.

For Managers, I haven't really looked at that part of the file in detail yet. Depending on how much time the team stuff actually takes me, I might add it to 1.4.

Here's a question for you: on this past funtion that your roster editor offered last year. I am not sure of this. I didn't confirm my hypothesis, but I think I caused my roster to become corrupted when I started to mix faces and portraits. As you are aware, many of the players are not correct and for the ones that were really annoying like where they had a player with a caucasian face who was supposed to be black, I found a black player and used his face number, so at least I had the correct race.

It didn't crash right away, but as I started new franchises and the same problem started happening it made me wonder, but then 2K11 came out.

Do you think mixing face numbers or rather using the same face number for two players would make the game crash, or get corrupted?

Here's a question for you: on this past funtion that your roster editor offered last year. I am not sure of this. I didn't confirm my hypothesis, but I think I caused my roster to become corrupted when I started to mix faces and portraits. As you are aware, many of the players are not correct and for the ones that were really annoying like where they had a player with a caucasian face who was supposed to be black, I found a black player and used his face number, so at least I had the correct race.

It didn't crash right away, but as I started new franchises and the same problem started happening it made me wonder, but then 2K11 came out.

Do you think mixing face numbers or rather using the same face number for two players would make the game crash, or get corrupted?

I don't think the face number would cause crashes or cause your file to get corrupted. I'm pretty sure that I tested multiple people having the same face number.

i mixed faces etc last year and had several players with the same numbers and i had no probs.One of the things that causes crashes is having some teams either having less than 25 men on the roster or having more than 25 as well.Sometimes the crash wouldnt happen until u played the team that had the less or more players

Does this allow for global editing?

I'm seriously thinking about buying this..

Also, is it possible to edit a player portrait? I know you can change it in the editor but is there a way to view it or edit the portrait in the iff or cdf file?

Does this allow for global editing?

I'm seriously thinking about buying this..

Also, is it possible to edit a player portrait? I know you can change it in the editor but is there a way to view it or edit the portrait in the iff or cdf file?

I haven't added any global editing yet. Let me know which specific global edits you want to make.

Last year, kraw and I came up with a way to add/replace portraits. And I believe it works for MLB 2K11. At some point in April, I will add portrait viewing, and also let you add or replace individual portraits.

http://www.mlbmods.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1460

I haven't added any global editing yet. Let me know which specific global edits you want to make.

Last year, kraw and I came up with a way to add/replace portraits. And I believe it works for MLB 2K11. At some point in April, I will add portrait viewing, and also let you add or replace individual portraits.

http://www.mlbmods.c...opic.php?p=1460

I guess you already know how to get that info. I'm going to check out that thread, looks like a good red.

Thanks. :)

http://www.mlbmods.c...opic.php?p=1460

Oh, for global editig, I'm not really sure but if I just know when I did stuff for Madden back in the day, there were things that would have to be changed for everybody.

It could be speed , throwing accuracy... anything really..

Hey Ty, I'm interested in globally editing players' running and fielding ratings. It would also be helpful to be able to globally raise/lower players' hitting stats: contact, 2B, 3B and HR. I have your editor and it's been great for some individual player edit tasks, but I now have a couple global editing projects I'd like start. Ideally of course it would be great to be able to edit all stats, but that would be enough for me at this point. And thanks for the editor BTW -- I doubt I'd even be playing the game at this point without it.

Hey Ty, I'm interested in globally editing players' running and fielding ratings. It would also be helpful to be able to globally raise/lower players' hitting stats: contact, 2B, 3B and HR. I have your editor and it's been great for some individual player edit tasks, but I now have a couple global editing projects I'd like start. Ideally of course it would be great to be able to edit all stats, but that would be enough for me at this point. And thanks for the editor BTW -- I doubt I'd even be playing the game at this point without it.

For global edits, would you want it to affect every player, or just players that meet certain criteria?

Also, lets say you want to globally edit speed.

Would you want to add 5 to each player, or would you want to increase everyone by 5%? Or would you like the option to do both?

For global edits, would you want it to affect every player, or just players that meet certain criteria?

Also, lets say you want to globally edit speed.

Would you want to add 5 to each player, or would you want to increase everyone by 5%? Or would you like the option to do both?

Both...

have you ever seen the Madden PC editor (MaddenAmp) that Nza and Gommo?. That is a good example of the options.

I'd send you a link but you have to be a member to download it and you'd probably need a file from Madden.

Well anyway, I think that any ratings field that can be read should be able to change globally.

I understand that you don't want a user to ruin his roster file but I think that anybody that has the desire to

dig into it is willing to risk it.

You could also make your program do an automatic backup (with a different extension) of the original file that can be restored at any time.

I know that is alot of work (I used to program, but was never great at it).

But, I would take a simple global edit (of any rating ) :)

Thanks Ty!

EDIT: I downloaded Nza's editor and a roster file to take a screenshot of his editor, just to give you an idea. You can edit players individually or got 'Edit', "global editor' and it allows you to select any rating (in this case, tackling for Strong Safeties) and you can increase or decrease by a certain number with a limit or minimum on each..... That way you can reduce all by 50 for example but maybe you don't want anyone below 30.

NZAEditor.png

Both...

have you ever seen the Madden PC editor (MaddenAmp) that Nza and Gommo?. That is a good example of the options.

I'd send you a link but you have to be a member to download it and you'd probably need a file from Madden.

Well anyway, I think that any ratings field that can be read should be able to change globally.

I understand that you don't want a user to ruin his roster file but I think that anybody that has the desire to

dig into it is willing to risk it.

You could also make your program do an automatic backup (with a different extension) of the original file that can be restored at any time.

I know that is alot of work (I used to program, but was never great at it).

But, I would take a simple global edit (of any rating ) :)

Thanks Ty!

Okay. I'll see if I can get to it within the first half of April. Getting the team tab working is a higher priority, but hopefully, I won't have to change much from last year.

I already make automatic backups in MLB2K11 Roster Editor's folder based on the current date and time and original filename.

I guess I could include a function to restore a backup file.

Okay. I'll see if I can get to it within the first half of April. Getting the team tab working is a higher priority, but hopefully, I won't have to change much from last year.

I already make automatic backups in MLB2K11 Roster Editor's folder based on the current date and time and original filename.

I guess I could include a function to restore a backup file.

Yeah, no rush... I'll be purchasing this come payday... Its the least I can do for your efforts.

Garrett

version 1.3 is now available. http://tywiggins.mvpmods.com/buy11.html

New in this version:

Player Search -- You no longer have to press Enter. Type 2 or more characters into the search box, and you get a list of names that match. Or you can type in 4 or 8 numbers to get a list of players with matching birthdays. (mmdd or mmddyyyy). Either way, the first match gets automatically selected.

Face number

skin color

muscle definition

build

chest

stomach

butt

thigh

calf

injury type (select from a list)

injury days left

injury date

healed date

DL type

DL days left

Chronic injury

Contract information on the Contract Tab.

I hid most of the stuff that is not functional yet, with the exception of the Team tab.

I rearranged some of the things.

Notes on injury type: Let me know if you see any injuries in the game that aren't on the list, or if any of them don't match the in-game injury. I know at least one of the in-game ones is misspelled. I used the list of injuries from last year to create this year's list. Also let me know if any of the injuries crash your game. I only tried a few of them.

Notes on assigning a player to the DL: If you don't remove the player from the lineups/rotation, it could make the game crash. For the next version, I'll automatically remove them from the lineups/rotation.

Link to version 1.31 announcement: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=51447&view=findpost&p=619410

ty my Reg# dosent work or users name is wrong but it's not so please help!i fixed it.

You have to install the new version over the old one, otherwise that can happen (happened to me before I learned). EDIT: I see you fixed it, great.

Thanks very much Ty, The body/skin/face edits are of great interest to me. FYI, changing the body type works fine, but changing the skin tone does not -- it only changes the arm skin tone, but the faces remain the default skin tone color. This is using the generic (editable) players that come with the game. Perhaps the face skin tone edits take effect when editing user-created players, I don't know.

Archived