Mlb2K11 Roster Editor

tywiggins

For global edits, would you want it to affect every player, or just players that meet certain criteria?

Also, lets say you want to globally edit speed.

Would you want to add 5 to each player, or would you want to increase everyone by 5%? Or would you like the option to do both?

I would like to have the choice to be able to globally raise/lower ratings by either a set number or by percentage. In my perfect world, I would also like to be able to select players by position for editing. For example, raise all Catchers' Arm ratings by 10%, and then apply a second series of edits to lower all Second Baseman Arm ratings by 10... that sort of thing. Thanks for asking.

BTW, are you familiar with any of the PES 2011 editors? Take a look at them (download from Evo-Web). They're all pretty much perfect as far as what they allow one to do, including allowing one to select individual teams to globally edit. I play PES 2011 with a heavily edited roster save file. But unlike other games, I haven't had to make one change to any single player. Every edit I made with that game was done using the global editing feature, and it now plays like a charm (the game was unplayable for me before).

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome. I have injured a player every game. It's rediculous. I hope they fix this. I have my injury slider down to 10, it doesn't seem to matter. So this new version you came out with really helps counteract it. So far I done these things with it: I completely eliminated a 4 month injury and played the player in the next game with no crashes. I have changed injuries from Torn Calve Muscle to Strained Calve muscle and then broken wrist to Sprained Wrist, both with success, no crashes. I have changed the dates of recovery for all and have had no crashes. And they all show up in the game exactly as I edited them in the Roster Editor.

So far so good. I really hate how the game injures my pitchers who are pitching a shutout in the seventh. It is way too much.

thanks

Ty, do you know if the team affiliations are defined in the roster files, and if they can be changed? The nostalgic fan in me would appreciate it if that's possible to add.

I'm not sure about this. I'll look into it.

Thanks very much Ty, The body/skin/face edits are of great interest to me. FYI, changing the body type works fine, but changing the skin tone does not -- it only changes the arm skin tone, but the faces remain the default skin tone color. This is using the generic (editable) players that come with the game. Perhaps the face skin tone edits take effect when editing user-created players, I don't know.

Yeah, the non-generic players must get their face color from their player_head_xxxx.iff file.

I would like to have the choice to be able to globally raise/lower ratings by either a set number or by percentage. In my perfect world, I would also like to be able to select players by position for editing. For example, raise all Catchers' Arm ratings by 10%, and then apply a second series of edits to lower all Second Baseman Arm ratings by 10... that sort of thing. Thanks for asking.

BTW, are you familiar with any of the PES 2011 editors? Take a look at them (download from Evo-Web). They're all pretty much perfect as far as what they allow one to do, including allowing one to select individual teams to globally edit. I play PES 2011 with a heavily edited roster save file. But unlike other games, I haven't had to make one change to any single player. Every edit I made with that game was done using the global editing feature, and it now plays like a charm (the game was unplayable for me before).

Okay. I'll take a look at PES 2011 editors. As I said before, I'll try to get to it in the first half of April.

For you guys interested in the uniforms:

I've found out where to:

turn on/off jersey names

turn on/off numbers on back of batting helmets

turn on/off numbers on front of jerseys

teamnumber that the jersey belongs to -- I changed the value for the mets home uniform to the value for St Louis. I was able to use the mets home uniform with the cardinals, and unable to use the mets home uniform with the mets.

batting helmet bill color

batting helmet front color

batting helmet back color

undershirt color

shoe color

By position is a must because if I want to raise the hitting power of everyone by 10 for example, I don't want to raise the pitchers hitting power.

R/L splits would be cool too but probably pushing it, maybe I want to raise the hitting power against LH pitchers but feel its fine against right.. But I can change it if I want to.

version 1.32 is now available. http://tywiggins.mvp....com/buy11.html

New in this version:

Changes to the uniform tab:

enable/disable uniform

turn on/off jersey name

turn on/off front number

turn on/off helmet number

helmet bill color

helmet front color

helmet back color

undershirt color

shoe color

You can also change the filename and the team that is associated with each uniform.

So you can add new uniforms.

Link to version 1.33 announcement: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=51447&view=findpost&p=619666

lololol Jc dang ty am i doing something wrong?I use the generic mod enabler to run my uni mods and i turned on the editor and changed the undershirt of my modded pirates home to blue and it worked.I shut the enabler off to run the game as normal and the original pirates homes undershirt was changed to blue as well.So these changes are more or less a global change and not the uniform file itself ???If its a global thing then any modded uni when uploaded and then downloaded by someone else they will see the original color right??

lololol Jc dang ty am i doing something wrong?I use the generic mod enabler to run my uni mods and i turned on the editor and changed the undershirt of my modded pirates home to blue and it worked.I shut the enabler off to run the game as normal and the original pirates homes undershirt was changed to blue as well.So these changes are more or less a global change and not the uniform file itself ???If its a global thing then any modded uni when uploaded and then downloaded by someone else they will see the original color right??

My program is only editing the roster/franchise/my player file.

oh ok thnx ty at least u got a break thru that hasnt been done before.Too bad a program couldnt be made that would work in these for the uni files themselves,would take care of a major pain lol

So, what is the problem you're having with the uniforms?

cant load the names for the back of the unis onto photoshop or paint.net to change them also we are able load the numbers up but u cant really change the color or outline of the numbers to the right color that we want.I dont know if u have looked at the files thru the mod tool or not but the numbers for all teams are masked by red and blue.Just for an example lets say i wanted green for the lettering for the pirates.Since green isnt an color the pirates use and i use green,in game it may be white instead of green.Dont know if anyone has a workaround or not but 2k didnt make it easy this year for modding.Its weird cause red maybe yellow for the pirates but would be blue for the cubs lolol

cant load the names for the back of the unis onto photoshop or paint.net to change them also we are able load the numbers up but u cant really change the color or outline of the numbers to the right color that we want.I dont know if u have looked at the files thru the mod tool or not but the numbers for all teams are masked by red and blue.Just for an example lets say i wanted green for the lettering for the pirates.Since green isnt an color the pirates use and i use green,in game it may be white instead of green.Dont know if anyone has a workaround or not but 2k didnt make it easy this year for modding.Its weird cause red maybe yellow for the pirates but would be blue for the cubs lolol

What mod tool are you using? With NBA2K-2011 Mod Tool 0.161, I exported the mets home -- numbers, green numbers, letters and green letters. I'm able to open all four of them with paint.net v3.5.8

Also, some uniforms use 3 colors (Green, Red, Blue) for their letters and numbers. Example: new york mets home

Also, you do realize that with the Roster Editor you can change the colors of the letters and numbers of a uniform on your roster/franchise/my player, right?

im using the 0.161 as well. the problem i am having is i can use the editor to change everything with my modded unis and save it but when i use the original unis ,they have the changes as well.So if i change the originals back my modded uniforms take the color of the original so i dont know if im just doing something wrong or what

im using the 0.161 as well. the problem i am having is i can use the editor to change everything with my modded unis and save it but when i use the original unis ,they have the changes as well.So if i change the originals back my modded uniforms take the color of the original so i dont know if im just doing something wrong or what

I have a solution: Use my newest version - 1.32 and you can add new uniforms to teams.

In 2k's original roster file, there are 42 empty uniform slots. There are 60 more that are wasted for single A teams. There are 12 that are used for the create-a-teams. There are 4 that are wasted on duplicate All star teams.

1. Give your modded uniform file a new name and put it in your MLB2K11 folder.

2. Load your roster/franchise/my player in version 1.32

3. Go to Uniform tab

4. In the uniform list, click on one of the empty slots or a slot that you can replace.

5. type in the file name of the modded file in the box above the team name.

6. assign the modded uniform to a team

7. Uncheck Uniform disabled and make any other changes.

8. Save

will what ty is giving us on uniforms is working, i can get a new unifrom assigned and color better overall, but right now i'm not getting the trim color for the back numbers to appear. this might be my doing throw has need to test a thory and am tired so it will wait until alter but here goes. the dodgers are the onces im woring with, so copied ther away and renamed to becomes alt_2 for now repalcing one of the dodgers a uniform, and assiged to the dodgers and did the colors sueing ty editer, only corrusting the blue and red as needed and changed the back letter and numbers to white and saved. the extra road and that the model list as in the uniform slection within the franshice i m playing with(does not show up anywhere else) and the numbers still show as the always, so either its not cracking the color like it needs to, or and where i think its me, i need to find a team that as two color set for there numbers and use it as the dodgers base numbers to make it work. not sure if that what missing or not to make it work fully, but that the thought. the rest of color chainging teams work at first glaze throw. we wll see.

ok one question will this only work on my franchise or will i be able to upload the modded uni and everyone will have the changes that i made??

They would have to make the changes as well.

I'll come up with a program that you can distribute with your modded uniforms that will make the changes for them.

oh crap i just uploaded a test file before i saw this post lolol,also i happened to think of something,do u know if its possible to add numbers on the sleeves?there are some older jerseys that have numbers on them and even some with numbers on the pants.If its possible this would be another breakthru.So what would be cool is to have something that would put the numbers on and be given a choice on which arms and legs they would be placed U R defently the man for figuring out the t shirts helmets etc.A major piece of the puzzle

oh crap i just uploaded a test file before i saw this post lolol,also i happened to think of something,do u know if its possible to add numbers on the sleeves?there are some older jerseys that have numbers on them and even some with numbers on the pants.If its possible this would be another breakthru.So what would be cool is to have something that would put the numbers on and be given a choice on which arms and legs they would be placed U R defently the man for figuring out the t shirts helmets etc.A major piece of the puzzle

Give me an example of a uniform that has numbers on the sleeve, and an example of a uniform that has numbers on the pants, so that I can test them out.

Archived