Help With Installing Roster Set

jojo9463

Hi guys,

Can someone please help me with the classic roster set mvp2004 v 1.2, i downloaded it to

the mvp2004/data directory as instructed (and its there) but when I pop the game in

and go to load rosters its not there, am I missing a step?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Can someone please help me with the classic roster set mvp2004 v 1.2, i downloaded it to

the mvp2004/data directory as instructed (and its there) but when I pop the game in

and go to load rosters its not there, am I missing a step?

Thanks

The .dat files replace your default game rosters, which means that they automatically load when you start the game. You don't need to take the extra step to load the rosters manually. If you simply installed the rosters, you will need to look at Readme file included with the mod to know which classic team is assigned to a specific Major League team (e.g. Tampa now contains the Washington Senators). Also, since this is just a roster update, it doesn't update team names, uniforms, etc. For example, the Washington Senators will play in the Tampa uniforms.

The .dat files replace your default game rosters, which means that they automatically load when you start the game. You don't need to take the extra step to load the rosters manually. If you simply installed the rosters, you will need to look at Readme file included with the mod to know which classic team is assigned to a specific Major League team (e.g. Tampa now contains the Washington Senators). Also, since this is just a roster update, it doesn't update team names, uniforms, etc. For example, the Washington Senators will play in the Tampa uniforms.

Thanks Jim, so its just the player names?

Thanks Jim, so its just the player names?

Yes, it's just the player names. MVP2004 does include classic uniforms for many of the teams (provided that you have unlocked them), so you may be able to find some uniforms that are close to the ones the classic team wore.

We didn't start creating the full blown, all-in-one Total Classics mods (rosters, portraits, audios, uniforms, etc.) until MVP2005. In MVP2004, guys like AlexTony did put together full rosters, and a number of us also created team "packages," which contained rosters and portraits for a single team. Those can be found here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=7

The tricky thing with these is that you had to import the team roster into your existing roster using MVPEdit (I think there was a 2004 version) and you also had to import the individual portraits into your portrait file. Since multiple people were creating these packages, there was no particular rhyme or reason on how portrait IDs were assigned to players. Each person would pick whatever portrait ID they wanted, which meant that once you started adding enough of these classic teams to your rosters, you ended up with duplicate portait assignments. Two or more players might have the same portrait ID, meaning that you would have a number of players come up to bat with the wrong portrait displayed.

By the time we got working on Total Classics 2 for MVP2005, I joined the Total Classics team and I cleaned up and reorganized all of the portrait / audio ID's (in MVP2005, a single ID is shared for a player's portrait and audio). As we moved forward, and new teams were added, I created the new player IDs and worked closely with AlexTony who created the portraits themselves and also audios. This way, we knew that we could eliminate the problem of duplicates.

I strayed off-topic from your original question, but it gives you a little history of how Total Classics came to be and why the MVP2005 version is more orderly and easier to use.

If you are interested, AlexTony also has an MVP2004 roster set logos mod that goes along with the classic rosters you downloaded. It will make it easier to see which teams are in which slots (e.g. Colorado = Brooklyn Dodgers, Tampa = Washington Senators). Here's a link to the mod: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=693

Yes, it's just the player names. MVP2004 does include classic uniforms for many of the teams (provided that you have unlocked them), so you may be able to find some uniforms that are close to the ones the classic team wore.

We didn't start creating the full blown, all-in-one Total Classics mods (rosters, portraits, audios, uniforms, etc.) until MVP2005. In MVP2004, guys like AlexTony did put together full rosters, and a number of us also created team "packages," which contained rosters and portraits for a single team. Those can be found here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=7

The tricky thing with these is that you had to import the team roster into your existing roster using MVPEdit (I think there was a 2004 version) and you also had to import the individual portraits into your portrait file. Since multiple people were creating these packages, there was no particular rhyme or reason on how portrait IDs were assigned to players. Each person would pick whatever portrait ID they wanted, which meant that once you started adding enough of these classic teams to your rosters, you ended up with duplicate portait assignments. Two or more players might have the same portrait ID, meaning that you would have a number of players come up to bat with the wrong portrait displayed.

By the time we got working on Total Classics 2 for MVP2005, I joined the Total Classics team and I cleaned up and reorganized all of the portrait / audio ID's (in MVP2005, a single ID is shared for a player's portrait and audio). As we moved forward, and new teams were added, I created the new player IDs and worked closely with AlexTony who created the portraits themselves and also audios. This way, we knew that we could eliminate the problem of duplicates.

I strayed off-topic from your original question, but it gives you a little history of how Total Classics came to be and why the MVP2005 version is more orderly and easier to use.

If you are interested, AlexTony also has an MVP2004 roster set logos mod that goes along with the classic rosters you downloaded. It will make it easier to see which teams are in which slots (e.g. Colorado = Brooklyn Dodgers, Tampa = Washington Senators). Here's a link to the mod: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=693

Great! Thanks for the help & info Jim, can't say enough how great this site is.

Archived