Game Isn't Working - Windows 7 64Bit

wilson2k3

Its been a while since I tried to play this, and yeah its the real game, I cant for the life of me get it to work. I have tried running it normally and as admin, the small box screen pops up and then my screen goes black, and I get the "MVP Baseball 2005 requires directX 9 and hardware graphics acceleration".

The game once installed worked fine on my Windows XP computer, but on this I've never been able to get it to work, is there something I need to download or that I'm doing wrong?

• 3 years later...

I posted this on a similar question with the same error message:

I have recently come across this problem my self. I found that other people have had the same error message but no solution was ever found for them. With a lot of trial and error I finally narrowed it down to my Resolution/Refresh rate. I have an HDMI cable going from my video card to my TV. Inside the video properties is a list of extra resolutions allowed by my HDMI(HD) as well as native PC resolutions. The game would crash with "mvp baseball 2005 requires directx 9 and hardware graphics acceleration" any time I had a resolution that used interlaced(30Hz) instead of progressive scan(60Hz). So 1080i,1920x1080(30Hz) would not work.

But 720p,1176x664 does work. As well as all the native PC resolutions. It took me all day to figure this out so I thought I would(Hopefully) save somebody else some time and effort. Hope this helps.

You have to check when people made these posts. This guy made this thread three years ago and you responded to it today. He didn't get an answer then or maybe he did and didn't post in this thread anymore. The thread died and went away until you brought it back to life.

If somebody had posted on this thread and said what i did, It would have saved me a lot of time and effort. It wasn't for the OP. It's for the next guy who runs into the same problem tomorrow, next week or next year. These threads do show up on Google.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for posting in this zombie thread. My friend who gave me their copy of this game hadn't played this in years and I heard of the mods through grantland. I was trying for the longest time to figure out what was going wrong, till now. Thank you again

Install DX9 (funnily enough this can work).

Report back with your findings.

​AlexTony, a founding Total Classics modder, contacted me recently about being unable to run MVP2005 on his new Windows 7 PC that had replaced his old Windows XP PC that had died.  He was getting the same error message and when we dug around, we found that DX11 was installed in his version of Windows 7.  My old Windows 7 laptop has DX9 on it, so I can run MVP2005 on it with no problem.

I found him a download link for DX9 and he tried installing it, but that didn't seem to solve the problem.  If I recall, I think that the installation itself might have failed whenever he tried to run it.  I'll have to have him look at his refresh rate and screen resolutions.