Crash After Stadium Selection

rbfoster

I am trying to start a new mod I created with MvpEdit. All portraits,faces, etc. are ok. I imported to the dat files with no errors. When I start Mvp2005, I selected Exhibition to check things out. I went through the selections fine (teams, pitchers, lineups, uniforms). After I selected the stadium (any stadium) and clicked ok to continue to the game, it crashed. I've tried this with other teams and get the same thing.

I've also copied an existing mod that works fine, as a test, and exported the dat files to that, along with the new models.big and portrait.big. Same thing happens when I try to start a game. I've checked all of the "crash" topics and can find nothing to help.

Within the game, I am able to see all the players in the rosters, lineups, etc., so the import appears to work ok. The test mod I imported to does work with original data before the import.

Anyone know what cause this crash? Would someone be willing to check my mbe file to see if there is an error there? I can send that with the models.big and portrait.big in a zip file.

Please ask any questions if more info is needed.

It's most likely a cyberface issue. Open your roster in MVPEdit, and from the menubar, select Tools->Options and select Show Player Faces. Also, on the left under "MVP Baseball Data Directory", select your data folder.

Next, pick a team that crashes, click on the Appearances tab and then scroll down one player at a time, making sure that faces show up for all players that are not using generic faces. The generic faces (ID's 901-915) are not supposed to show up in MVPEdit.

If all the faces look OK, you need to check the manager's face ID. From the menubar, click on Team and then click on the Manager tab and look at the Face ID. Manager faces do not show up in MVPEdit, so you will need to check to make sure the face is definitely in your models.big file.

Thanks for your reply, Jim. Does that also include ALL the teams other than just mlb? The mlb all checked out ok, as did managers.

The minor league teams could cause a problem, but that would only occur if you played a game with those teams. The fact that the game crashes no matter what team you use is puzzling.

Here's something else to look at -- How big is your free agent pool? That can cause problems if it contains too many players. With my mods, I reduce the free agent pool down to 50 players.

Jim, I reduced the free agents to around 96, and now it works. It is puzzling. BTW, where does the program match up the team names in the schedule.big? When I create a new dynasty (for my 1960 mod), it shows KCR for Kansas City, rather than KCA for the Athletics, of 1960. When I try and play a KC game on the schedule, it brings up the Royals. Any help?

Jim, I reduced the free agents to around 96, and now it works. It is puzzling. BTW, where does the program match up the team names in the schedule.big? When I create a new dynasty (for my 1960 mod), it shows KCR for Kansas City, rather than KCA for the Athletics, of 1960. When I try and play a KC game on the schedule, it brings up the Royals. Any help?

Did you modify your schedule or are you using the default MVP2005 schedule? Also, what team does the KC A's replace? Is it the Oakland A's? If so, bring up the Oakland A's in your schedule and you will see the KC A's. The team name info is in data\database\team.dat file.

Archived