BaseUp! Rosters 2011 VER 2.2

Gordo

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BaseUp! Rosters 2011 VER 2.2

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 06 Aug 2011

File Category: Rosters

Version: 2.2

• *Primary feature include 2 rosters options; regular stamina and lowered stamina for relievers.

• Variety of players with batting attribute adjustments, especially for those who had extreme ratings (i.e., 2011 statistics considered)

• Multitude of impact players created

• Depth charts arranged via MLBDepthCharts.com (batting orders set only for respective leagues)

• Over 60 pertinent transaction moves made to date

• Injury list and player .met files included for re-instituting a player back into the roster if desired.

Note: this will probably be my last roster update for the season.

Click here to download this file

I may be showing how much of a rookie I am with MVP Edit, but is there no MBE file so it can be imported into MVP Edit? Looking forward to using these, and thank you for all your hard work and for keeping this going!

@ Ryan Braun... this is a roster set. Portraits are a separate matter. Your portraits are only as correct as you update them. If you don't like the portraits you have, then you can learn to make them. I did.

@jwheels: you are right. I didn't include and .mbe file, but you can easily make one. Open MVPedit. Import from an unzipped set of whichever roster you want and then save the .mbe file any name that you want. It's very simple. (personally, I always like to work my files from the desktop, except for the .mbe files, because MVPedit will always look for an .mbe file within its' own folder first).

That is a very generous rating for Chein Ming Wang

In what way? Can you be more specific? I have not affected too many pitchers control ratings unless they came up from the minors... only pitch type and velocity.

Addendum: Actually, looking at it, here's what you can edit him to be. He has about a .667 win perc., so the control is justifiable:

21l4m85.jpg

@dennis: you're very welcome.... only a small payback for the tremendous contributions you have made. I really think a total conversion mod could have been possible... and may still be.

I was reading through the text file and for transactions made it has:

The San Diego Padres trade P Mike Adams to the Texas Rangers for P's Robbie Erlin and Joe Wieland

Erlin and Wieland aren't in the rosters.

Could you provide links to the sites you use when creating new players like where you find what pitches they throw and how you determine their control as well as say hot and cold hitting zones? I can just make them and some other players but I'm not sure where to start.

I have never used mvpedit, how would i go about making their portraits the empty silhouette and making sure their face looks right in game with the newest facepacks and stuff?

Thanks

http://pitchfx.texasleaguers.com/index.php for pitchers pitch types, etc. Check your time frame search fields. Players like Erlin and Wieland were indicated in the transactions because I'm copying and pasting. But if it is a non-major leaguer, I'm not typically creating them. In fact, you won't find either of them at that site. You can also try http://www.fangraphs.com/players.aspx but it won't list if a pitcher throws a 2-seamer or not.

mvpedit is not for making portraits, only viewing them if that option is activated.

For some reason, (probably a brain fart on my part), I can't get mvp to import and create a mbe file. Could you possibly upload it?

Not sure what's happening there...maybe you're running Vista. I've attached an mbe file with an update reflecting these most current moves. This is for the low stamina version only. If you want higher stamina for all RP's, you can easily globally edit by adding a certain percentage of stamina. It includes the fix for Dontrelle Willis pitch speed and Chein Ming Wang's pitches and pickoff rating. Have fun.

• The Baltimore Orioles sign P Willie Eyre to a minor league contract
  • The Phillies sign OF's Brent Clevlen and Chris Lubanski to minor league contracts
  • The Seattle Mariners release DH Jack Cust
  • The Washington Nationals announce the retirement of OF Matt Stairs
  • The Boston Red Sox sign OF Brett Carroll to a minor league contract
  • The San Diego Padres sign OF Drew Macias to a minor league contract
  • The Toronto Blue Jays sign P Chad Gaudin to a minor league contract
  • The Baltimore Orioles release P Josh Rupe
  • The Marlins acquire IF Alfredo Amezaga from the Rockies for SS Jesus Merchan
  • The Pittsburgh Pirates release 1B Lyle Overbay
  • The Boston Red Sox release P Kevin Millwood
  • The Colorado Rockies sign P Kevin Millwood to a minor league contract
  • The Texas Rangers release P Arthur Rhodes

daflyboys,

These rosters have been great all-around. I got a chance to play 6 games with these rosters this weekend (2 Minor League and 4 Major League) and they are about as perfect as you can get. Had a blast with them and thank you once again.

Dennis

Dennis....glad you are enjoying them. Offline I'm really liking this game with the no pitch meter "mod" and finally settling on some all-star sliders.

Your mentioning the minor league teams reminded me that I was very remiss in not mentioning Toleton in the release of these rosters. He was instrumental in settling more of the minor league teams and integrated his All-Star rosters with this version. I definitely could not have moved forward without him. A huge thanks to him!!!

I also want to thank a guy by the handle of RSOX over at OperationSports who keeps a separate pinned thread of transactions and makes it very clean by not including call ups and send downs. His thread made my work very easy.

BaseUp Rosters VER 2.3 OSLB.zip

Once again I like to say thanks for the Updated Roster daflyboys.

J.B. Shuck on the Astros Double-A Corpus Christi is a CF. The file show him as a SP.

I know the BaseUp Roster VER2.3 might be your last file.

Where can I go to get his stats to update J.B Shuck as a CF?

Archived