How About Derek Jeter

rows24

Derek Jeter did accomplish a major goal by reaching 3,000 hits. The way he did it on that day was almost super natural itself. But at that time his averge was below .275. Derek Jeter is currently batting .297 and almost 5 points away from leading the YANKS in hitting. To be 37 years old, he is still putting out like the younger Jeter. Is it safe to say that Derek Jeter will not only be one of the greatest Yankees of all time but quite possibly the best all around baseball player of all time when he is done?

We'll see. I honestly think he's one of the best hitters of this decade, but all time? i don't know. I think he's a little overrated, although he's a .313 career hitter and has 3000 hits. Don't get me wrong, i like him as a player, i have hard time finding a player that has a swing as good as his (that's why he still hits above .300), but as a defensive shorstop, he doesn't have a great range, actually he has a terrible range, he's ranked last in RF this season. But he doesn't make many errors, he had a .989 FPCT last season (1st in MLB). So besides range, he's good. And not many players play SS at 37: besides Vizquel (played SS at 40), most SS get moved to 3B at a certain age.

Archived