Adding/editing Coaches

LoGatto

I tried to do a search but did not see anything, is there a way in the PC version or using TY's editor to add and or change the names of your managers and coaches to real names.

Example the new York mets only real coach is Dan Warthen(Pitching), If I go to fire them the names to replace them are also bogus.

Would be nice to have all the names in the game.

• 2 months later...

The free version doesnt include the option to save your changes. You can only change staff's names, not add new ones.

1. The free version allows to save changes, but it only allows to edit Players tab of ROS files.

2. It's possible to add new staff members with the Developer or Guru version. You should right click on an existing staff member and select Clone to do so.

Can you send me the info how to get this vesions? I search and saw most of the posts but proberly missed the one to purchase this. I basiciall want to add all staff to the teams. Is there a limit on how many names can be added and is it fairly easy to add?

Can you send me the info how to get this vesions? I search and saw most of the posts but proberly missed the one to purchase this. I basiciall want to add all staff to the teams. Is there a limit on how many names can be added and is it fairly easy to add?

Yes, it's fairly easy. You can try yourself with the Demo version: http://reditor.red-mods.com/REDitor%20II%20Demo.exe

Just select Staff tab, right-click on any Staff member and select Clone, then go to the bottom of the list.

There is a limit, because the file size is fixed, as otherwise the game refuses to load it. Unfortunately, i haven't yet written an automated thing to calculate the free space available, so it's recommended to back up your files before cloning something. In case you get beyond the free space limit, some names will be truncated from the database, so you will certainly notice this in the game.

If talking of the default roster file, i think, it's possible to add about 50 staff members to it. Anyway, you can remove fake staff members any time to free up some space for new records, or you can just edit fakes to become real ones.

About the purchasing you can read here: http://buy.red-mods.com/HowToBuy.htm

You should simply choose the most suitable version, then run the program (Free version rather than Demo), open Help -> Order Now... dialog box and make an order.

Merry Christmas!

Vlad - Will I just be able to rename all the coaches/managers for every team with developer version as well as add some names as long as I don't go over the 50 mark?

Also you mentioned this liscense is for one year, will that mean after a year I will no longer be able to use the editor I purchased.

Thank you

Vlad - Will I just be able to rename all the coaches/managers for every team with developer version as well as add some names as long as I don't go over the 50 mark?

Also you mentioned this liscense is for one year, will that mean after a year I will no longer be able to use the editor I purchased.

Thank you

Rename - yes, but to add new and remove existing coaches you'll need the Guru license.

All Tables licenses are life-long, while Interfaces licenses are 1 year-long. Though, i think of officially making Interfaces licenses life-long as well later a bit. So, you shouldn't worry about that.

Hope, you're enjoying the X-Mas holidays! ;)

Archived